• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinonobu

Banned
Dont feel like digging thru this thread, but has anyone mentioned that Nintendo removed all the Sun and Moon reveal trailers from there YouTube?

http://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-removes-pokemon-trailers/

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

GAF - Internet - GAF

UberTag

Perhaps the Toys R Us demos of Sun and Moon will be on New 2DS XL systems to get the kiddies excited to buy Nintendo's big new hardware release.

Hydrus

GAF -> Internet -> GAF

That article even links back to a post in this thread as a source.

giphy.gif

I'll be so fucking disappointed if it is pokemon.

I'd rather just have an E3 plans drop.

The only major announcement that has a shot of dropping randomly a few weeks before e3 is the franchise with a history of doing so. They aren't gonna waste megatons on a random Friday in May.

JoeM86

The only major announcement that has a shot of dropping randomly a few weeks before e3 is the franchise with a history of doing so. They aren't gonna waste megatons on a random Friday in May.

They dropped the RS Remake bombshell on a random Wednesday in May

Calm Mind

There, out in the darkness
A Pikachu running
Fallen from God
Fallen from Grace...
Stars in your multitude
Scarce to be counted
Filling the chaos
With order and light
You are the sentinel
Silent and calm
Keeping watch in the night...
Keeping watch in the night.
You know your place in the sky
You know your course and your aim
Each in your season returns and returns and is always the same
And if you fall as Team Rocket fell
You fall in flames
For so it has been
And so it is written
On the doorways of Paradise
That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!

Bards in 2017 LUL

Neonep

I do see this kind of promotional event kinda weird. It's not like the game came out recently or needs a sales boost or anything. Super random.

JoeM86

I don't think we'll see Pokemon at E3. Has pokemon ever been at E3 in any significant way?

Yes.

In 2013 it had big reveals in the E3 Direct and a special Roundtable solely for Pokémon X & Y
In 2014, it had the first reveal of footage and information for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
In 2016, it had the first ever live footage of the games showing the early part of the game and some new Pokémon. It also had a Pokémon GO roundtable discussion featuring Ishihara, Masuda, Niantic, Bill Trinen and two Pokémon youtubers.

Soph

Just had my first coffee of the day.. and I saw it gents, there was a Pokemon Direct clearly visible in the coffee.

JoeM86

pokéfan;236449611 said:
Works for me...

Anyhow, Corocoro should be leaking soon?

Any time now, but don't expect much. They haven't revealed a main game since 2008 with Platinum or even a spin-off game since 2013 with Rumble U

Thanks Nintendogaf. I was sort of feeling a little down and not really hyped for E3 at all, but coming into this thread has got me so that hype energy you always get from Gaf nintendo speculation threads. It's infectious!

Dystify

This thread is gonna go until e3 I bet lol

It won't because the majority of the posts here seem to be people complaining about the thread, rather than actually discussing the topic. ;) As soon as Nintendo announce their E3 plans everyone will move to the new thread for this kind of discussion.

I think Nintendo will follow their recent trend of announcing their E3 plans 5-6 weeks out.

Sometimes a company can be sporadic (like Nintendo), but I think they've wanted to be more concise with their E3 announcements. Unless they're trying to make a new Mega64 video and it's not ready yet. I have to think Nintendo has their E3 plans in set. The Switch is doing so good too so why not get a E3 hype train going early.

Ah, Corocoro leaked, only movie info.

I'm starting to move to the Stars does not exist camp now. :(

That doesn't mean anything. They can announce Pokémon Stars at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom