• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective GAF uncovers evidence of imminent Nintendo Direct as soon as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariolee

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/862428515152650240

Announcement
7247KU2.png

Maybe tomorrow

The Stars are aligning.

javadoze

The event takes place on 5/13.

A month later, and it'll be 6/13.

"What's on 6/13" you may ask? The likely date for Nintendo's Digital Event.

Bam. Stars confirmed for E3.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Don't feel like going through all these pages, but did Pokemon OR/AS' reveal get a direct that was announced ahead of time or was it out of the blue?

Haha...this will lead again to nothing.^^

But it is really strange that they have such an small event out of nowhere for an “old“ game.

Not to be that guy but Nintendo US and Japan have completely purged the Pokémon Direct from February last year from their YouTube, including the Sun & Moon reveal trailer. UK still has it up though

NOA still has the X & Y one up.

We never had an enhanced version of X & Y that could muddle the message. Typically they remove videos when things like that could happen.

I only just saw this.

Yep they got something to announce.

Galava

Indeed, demos for an 8 month old game right when E3 is happening. What. Has to be demo of the switch version or makes no sense to make this promotional demo.

/s

;.;

Neiteio

On the one hand, the Toys "R" Us event is something Pokemon-related.

On the other hand, promoting old 3DS games and announcing a new Switch version seems a bit contradictory. It's like saying, "Hey kids, don't buy the 3DS games — wait for the definitive edition on Switch!"

Hmm, not sure whether to lactate my patented Hype Milk.

The event doesn't seem to be important enough to show off Pokemon Stars.

Perhaps a last chance to hype up these Pokemon games until Stars is shown at E3? Sell off these games until the special edition Switch version comes out.

Neiteio

The event doesn't seem to be important enough to show off Pokemon Stars.

Perhaps a last chance to hype up these Pokemon games until Stars is shown at E3? Sell off these games until the special edition Switch version comes out.
Starting to think this might be the case. There's a chance that Sun and Moon sales might take a hit once Stars is announced. But who knows.

I think everyone should begin considering the possibility of Stars not happening until next year. It gives them time to polish and add content to the game, and it also squeezes as many more sales out of SM and 2DSXL as they can.

I think it's strange how often I see people posting that either this or Smash are even kinda likely for this year, especially the latter. I think their timing is very much up in the air.

Neiteio

I think everyone should begin considering the possibility of Stars not happening until next year. It gives them time to polish and add content to the game, and it also squeezes as many more sales out of SM and 2DSXL as they can.

I think it's strange how often I see people posting that either this or Smash are even kinda likely for this year, especially the latter. I think their timing is very much up in the air.
At the end of the day, predicting this stuff is tough. Even within Nintendo, they can shuffle this stuff around freely. Remember the Dr. Toto rumor that said Smash would be a launch title and Zelda would be delayed? There was probably some truth to that... at one point in time. But when Zelda was ready in time, they delayed Smash... and who knows, they could delay it again. The Switch is now a roaring success. Maybe they don't need a three-hit holiday combo of Odyssey/Smash/Stars, or even a two-hit combo of Odyssey and Stars. Maybe they can save Stars and/or Smash for 2018. Smash, in particular, would be the perfect one-year anniversary title for Switch (March 2018).

Neiteio

Personally, though, I hope they announce Pokemon Stars soon — and the full title is "Pokemon Staaaaaaaaars: Featuring NEMESIS from the Resident Evil series!"

At the end of the day, predicting this stuff is tough. Even within Nintendo, they can shuffle this stuff around freely. Remember the Dr. Toto rumor that said Smash would be a launch title and Zelda would be delayed? There was probably some truth to that... at one point in time. But when Zelda was ready in time, they delayed Smash... and who knows, they could delay it again. The Switch is now a roaring success. Maybe they don't need a three-hit holiday combo of Odyssey/Smash/Stars, or even a two-hit combo of Odyssey and Stars. Maybe they can save Stars and/or Smash for 2018. Smash, in particular, would be the perfect one-year anniversary title for Switch (March 2018).

Yeah, no doubt. I'm mostly curious how expansive these titles are. Is either Smash or Stars adding a significant amount of new content? If so, it seems to me like they would both be coming later rather than sooner.

It just seems to me that releasing a Smash Switch that's a three year old port with no significant new content would be very un-Nintendo. Smash games usually have a lengthy prerelease hype train period as well, and I think the game benefits from that.

I think Odyssey is strong enough to stand alone this holiday, but I also don't know what they have up their sleeves for E3.

Yeah, no doubt. I'm mostly curious how expansive these titles are. Is either Smash or Stars adding a significant amount of new content? If so, it seems to me like they would both be coming later rather than sooner.

I think Odyssey is strong enough to stand alone this holiday, but I also don't know what they have up their sleeves for E3.

Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Sonic Forces

I hope E3 has a few megatons in store for us.

Neiteio

Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Sonic Forces

I hope E3 has a few megatons in store for us.
They said Fire Emblem Warriors is a "fall title," so I'm guessing it'll be September or October. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is said to be August or September. Mario Odyssey seems almost certain to be a November title. And I trust Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will come out this year.

DMONKUMA

I feel it in my bones that we will hear something about Metroid. Whether it be something good or bad will be the bing we find out.

Hilarion

There, out in the darkness
A Pikachu running
Fallen from God
Fallen from Grace...
Stars in your multitude
Scarce to be counted
Filling the chaos
With order and light
You are the sentinel
Silent and calm
Keeping watch in the night...
Keeping watch in the night.
You know your place in the sky
You know your course and your aim
Each in your season returns and returns and is always the same
And if you fall as Team Rocket fell
You fall in flames
For so it has been
And so it is written
On the doorways of Paradise
That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!

Neiteio

There, out in the darkness
A Pikachu running
Fallen from God
Fallen from Grace...
Stars in your multitude
Scarce to be counted
Filling the chaos
With order and light
You are the sentinel
Silent and calm
Keeping watch in the night...
Keeping watch in the night.
You know your place in the sky
You know your course and your aim
Each in your season returns and returns and is always the same
And if you fall as Team Rocket fell
You fall in flames
For so it has been
And so it is written
On the doorways of Paradise
That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!
Incredible. :-O

Can't wait for Pokemon Stars: Valjean Edition and Pokemon Stars: Javert Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom