• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil's Third disappears from "Future Releases" section on North American Wii U eShop

fernoca

Well, they talked quite a lot about SMTxFE at E3, gave the vague 2016 date, the original trailer was also on the Future Releases list and is not there anymore; neither the newest videos.

But Nintendo likes to update the Wii U eShop randomly. I swear the main page looks different every week, outside the obvious new games, is like they add and change things around too.

EDIT:
New page, so for those joining now...

The 'Future Releases' list seems to display whatever videos Nintendo wants; currently some E3 2015 videos. No relation to a game release per se.

Well, they talked quite a lot about SMTxFE at E3, gave the vague 2016 date, the original trailer was also on the Future Releases list and is not there anymore; neither the newest videos.

But Nintendo likes to update the Wii U eShop randomly. I swear the main page looks different every week, outside the obvious new games, is like they add and change things around too.

I'm not worried about SMTxFE coming stateside at all, as both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei are pretty popular here. Plus, it's literally the only first party game scheduled for 2016 at this point (ok, Zelda is as well...lol).

Plus, the game was actually at E3 this year!

fernoca

I'm not worried about SMTxFE coming stateside at all, as both Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei are pretty popular here. Plus, it's literally the only first party game scheduled for 2016 at this point (ok, Zelda is well...lol).

Plus, the game was actually at E3 this year!
Yeah, but I was pointing out that the trailer is also not there, even though it was before. So, the removal of DT's trailer has nothing to do with it, since it wasn't the only trailer removed from there. :p

Seems there are some arbitrary reasons, heck..like why 21 videos, why not just 20? XD

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nintendo has clearly given up on retail software for the Wii U aside from it's big franchise titles. The new Art Academy game is eShop only unlike the rest of the world, Fatal Frame is probably eShop only, and Devil's Third has probably been dropped altogether.

I guess with a market as big as the US, it just isn't worth releasing these niche games at retail. Even in Japan, Devil's Third is an Amazon exclusive. It's just like with Xenoblade Wii being exclusive to Gamestop, most retailers aren't interested in stocking non-AAA Nintendo titles and most consumers aren't interested in buying them.

Tomonobu Itagaki was alive on facebook for a while. He said it will be coming to North America. He is under NDA still. I asked a bunch of questions about the game itself, specifics. He said all of those would be answered soon.. i would assume in a video presentation ala a direct.

Apparently he was at e3 and someone asked what he did there. He stated that is a matter of NOA. So maybe they had him shoot some video/ interview and stuff for a direct? Time will tell.

Putting everything in context, he was drinking in front of his PC before heading to bed.

Also, no wii mote support but i expected that.

https://www.facebook.com/tomonobu.itagaki

jmizzal

"Tomonobu Itagaki I will release my Devil's Third in North/South America!
My will. "

There it is no worries its coming still

jholmes

You must be new here if you believe everything some glorified social media intern tosses into a form e-mail. Send NoA an e-mail asking if they're going to bring Disaster Day of Crisis or Another Code R to the West. You'll get the same response. It literally means nothing.

Not to mention the vagueness of the article. 'A customer service representative'? You mean like, they called the support hotline and asked them about it?

I'm not defending the article or the canned form letter answer released by NoA. I am saying that the only evidence to the contrary is that an eShop page is missing. That's the smoking gun here.

prag16

Banned
There is a rumor that it will only be sold on the eShop as opposed to receiving a retail release. That's a pretty big deal to me.
Agree. For me, that takes it from "I guess I'll probably pick it up at some point" to "eh, probably won't bother".

Zemm

What a Konami-tier shit move from Nintendo. Continuing to be vaporware would have probably been better for the game than giving it to Nintendo to die, lol. And Valhalla in general has now basically been killed by them.

Guess I'll enjoy it with 50 other people online soon. Also, are people still shitting on the game? It now looks especially wonderful compared to that Starfox embarrassment recently, which somehow managed to look even worse (much worse in fact) than this game graphically and even in gameplay. While this has now has Vanquish movesets mixed with Ninja Gaiden. Can't wait (regardless of reviews inevitably trashing it, that is, if anyone in EU even bothers to review it).

I think this is the only time I've ever agreed with you.

Man, the money wasted on funding this game could've been used to hired translators and publish DQ7 to the west.

i thought they were trying to avoid bombs

i'm glad the money went to something interesting, rather than a 120 hour JRPG from the 90s that was already released once here.

Ridley327

Man, the money wasted on funding this game could've been used to hired translators and publish DQ7 to the west.

Why should Nintendo be reprimanded for something that shouldn't even be their job in the first place? Squenix are the assholes here, not them.

Top Bottom