• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry Performance Analysis: Fallout 4

FyreWulff

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3shgfp/i_discovered_what_makes_the_game_so_performance/

What the fuck?

Edit: Reading the comments I guess it's not a big deal, but reminded me of that Crysis 3 tesselation thing where an ocean is being rendered underneath cities all the time.

I have a feeling the only reason he's seeing shadows rendered is because he clipped through and the game started rendering it. P sure what you're seeing there is the placeholder "skybox" geometry that you'd see at a distance from other quadrants, because due to the level of detail that's not really a notable strain.

Shin-Ra

Those interior environments look like they should hold a steady 60fps, with blood flying left, right and centre.

thelastword

Banned
So strange we went from, I hope this game runs at 120fps/60fps to some saying that the consoles just can't handle this game. So these 0fps moments are the console's fault.....As far as I'm concerned, Hines et al should already be apologizing and saying they'll look into it and that they have a big patch on the way to resolve these issues asap. At least say something positive to purchasers of the game that will make them feel better. Instead it's the same "Fallout 4 is a solid 30fps on my end"....It also doesn't help when certain gamers say they have no issues, as if the noted issues are isolated, or worse yet, the publications which don't say anything about the issue or go on the same 'it's fine spiel"

It's no wonder, Hines is ridiculing people on twitter, they're the big fish they're the professor, you can't question them. I really wish to see all this change in this industry, I wish we had better standards than this and succumbed less to these type of offerings.

Kssio_Aug

Got my XB1 copy today! 4 hours in, and yeah I noticed one of those hiccups once (and some others but less severe). The game also froze once.

Frame-rate seems quite solid so far though. But when it froze I got a bit worried. I hope Bethesda is planning an patch to fix that kind of issues!

Top Bottom