• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

Not necessarily. You could die before then.
ZbLU8.jpg

I'm going to wake up one day and will have already missed the reveal

I was just traveling and super busy, so I hope I would log on at night with something to see but nope.

I'm actually writing a blog post about why I care so much when I already know I'm going to buy it.

what-ok

One day we may see that all these rumors are rumors and we decide to patiently wait for the reveal while going about our lives pursuing things that may make a difference for those less fortunate than us. Oh and then we die. (=

Hermii

Yeah, "hopefully" is the key word. I'm not sure that meeting providing info will be a guarantee. There will definitely be a comment about NX at it, but they could totally just say "We've decided to talk about NX next year, and as such, we will not be discussing NX at this meeting."

I could be wrong about this, but isn't most X1 footage running at 1080p? Running at 720p could mean the games visually push something more complex than that. But then you'd also have the issue of what it would look like on a Full HD TV...bah, speculating about what NX games will look like feels pointless because of how many variables there are. Those reveal trailers will certainly be enlightening.

Also I think most X1 devices is running Android which is not a very good OS for gaming performance. I have a feeling the NX will punch above its weight class. Look at the best looking Wii U games, and think its only 10% of the flops of a PS4.

sphinx

the piano man
That state of the rumors don't matter.

The end of the Quarter meeting at the end of October will clear most things up.

in regards to the actual update of wheree they stand with this damn console I expect 2 important bits of inffo:

.- We have a delay to Q4 201

.- BUT GET HYPED! IT RELEASES EXACTLY IN NOVEMBER 19TH! THIS TIME FOR REAL! EXPECT A FULL BLOWOUT AT E3!

Also I think most X1 devices is running Android which is not a very good OS for gaming performance. I have a feeling the NX will punch above its weight class. Look at the best looking Wii U games, and think its only 10% of the flops of a PS4.

Add onto that the improved performance for FP16 precision, which will show in UE4 games. Multiplatform UE4 games could theoretically look more or less the same between the NX and PS4, depending on the specifics of the custom chip of course.

That's probably a very high end result though...

So you don't all get your hopes up.

I thought he would've clarified his comment by now...

Anyways, the weekend is approaching. I'm ready to get this weekend over with lol. I feel like next Wednesday is the only day we could get a NX reveal date. So, I'm feeling like we're not getting anything NX next week. The following week (October 11), might be the golden week for NX news.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

That's very true as well. I'm not sure what we should expect so I'll expect nothing, but the exact same chip in a Nintendo system vs. an Android device should produce better results in the former.

TAFK

Is NX officially the biggest gaming piece of news that we know the most about without it officially being announced ever?

Like from a casual viewpoint if someone doesn't follow this online they could honestly have no idea anything about the NX (aside from Zelda coming out on a system that isn't the Wii U).

udivision

Now that I put things into perspective, Rosti's claim that Nintendo was upset about the fake NX shown back in March(?) makes a lot of sense.

Back then, we all thought the NX would be revealed in a few months at E3. Nintendo of course, knew that the NX wouldn't be revealed until the end of the year.

If the faker hadn't revealed it was fake, he would've had free reign on shaping people's perception of what the NX was. Third Parties with Dev Kits wouldn't be able to disprove the fake without breaking their NDA's (and why would they risk that? They don't benefit for running interference for Nintendo). And if they did, doing so would create a precedent that, if another fake got popular, they'd have to disprove that too. And then it could be very tempting for the person who already broke the NDA to quell further rumors by saying "at the very least, the NX is X and Y and Z".

Nintendo themselves couldn't publicly acknowledge or comment on the fake without setting a potential bad precedent for themselves. Thanks to the secrecy of the NX and the NDAs, someone who manages to get (some) people to believe they have the hardware (with proof!) puts Nintendo in an awkward spot.

Nintendo would have their hands tied for 6+ months... perhaps.

It's kind of amazing in a way, although maybe I'm overthinking it.

Vena

If nothing else, the fact that Yves is talking about the NX specifically as an object of interest in the near term during his investment meeting tells you it likely is a soon to be revealed product. Otherwise bringing up the proposition is meaningless in the near term and right now he's trying to shore up short term securities and "signs of strength"/partnerships against Vivendi's encroachment.

Of all people talking right now, he'd actually be one of the few who knows anything.

And please, don't quote the WiiU quotes at me from him from a completely different time and market reality. I don't need to waste my time explaining context and nuance.

udivision

If nothing else, the fact that Yves is talking about the NX specifically as an object of interest in the near term during his investment meeting tells you it likely is a soon to be revealed product. Otherwise bringing up the proposition is meaningless in the near term and right now he's trying to shore up short term securities and "signs of strength"/partnerships against Vivendi's encroachment.

Of all people talking right now, he'd actually be one of the few who knows anything.

And please, don't quote the WiiU quotes at me from him from a completely different time and market reality. I don't need to waste my time explaining context and nuance.

That's what most people here are saying. I'm not sure what that has to do with the Wii U though.
-

L Thammy

Ubisoft supported the Wii U at the beginning.

They supported the Wii U surprisingly well, although the Wii U didn't support them back.

I always feel a little pang of guilt when the subject of Ubisoft of the Wii U comes up. I didn't buy any Ubisoft games on the Wii U even after hearing ShockingAlberto's warnings about them pulling their support. But man, Ubisoft is really good at making games that I find totally uninteresting. I think Red Steel 2 is the last game they made that caught my interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom