• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DigiTimes: Foxconn trialing production of NX, ~10m units expected annually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have a certain week where they feel the NX will be revealed?

I'm really thinking that Oct 13th week and Oct 20th week are looking pretty delicious right now.

Hydrus

Ok, time for a reality check. We all know how this is gonna play out:

October 27 - Kimishima begins the meeting by announcing "Due to our focus and commitment to Wii U and 3DS this holiday season, we will be discussing our new hardware NX in January. NX release has been moved to Summer 2017. We will not be discussing NX today." Same day we get a tweet saying " A whole new Nintendo experience is coming next year!! But why wait!! Experience Wii U 3DS!! #WIIU #3DS. Gaf riots.

November 4
- Holiday direct. Wii U Zelda twilight princess bundle, and new price of $250. 3DS price cut to $175. Gaf riots.

January 3 - Finally get a reveal announcement date: January 20. Gaf riots.

January 20 - Reveal happens. It's almost exactly what we all knew it was gonna be: A handheld that sits on a dock, that outputs to TV. It's cartridge based, and is only slightly more powerful then Wii U when connected to the dock. No detachable controllers or anything fancy. A lot simpler then everyone thought it would be. Big Gimmick is an optional projector that can project onto anything. We see several clips of families playing games on TV, on the go, and playing on the wall, with over exaggerating smiles and laughs.
wii-u-family-image.jpg

The name is terrible. Only games to be shown are Zelda, Smash bros port, Retros new IP and a few 3rd party games. No price or date. Gaf riots.

The next few months
- Many threads such as " I'm done with Nintendo" and " Nintendo needs to apologize to Us Wii U owners " " begin popping up every week and result in multiple locked threads and bans. Gaf riots.

June - E3. Nintendo Show's off more games, including Pokemon Eclipse, a Super Mario 3d world port/ expansion. No new Mainline Mario game shown. Official price of NX is $250 and is releasing the beginning of September. Gaf riots.

Pinky

Banned
Does anybody have a certain week where they feel the NX will be revealed?

I'm really thinking that Oct 13th week and Oct 20th week are looking pretty delicious right now.

I'm gonna predict a Nintendo Direct announcement on October 18th, with the Direct airing within a couple days after the announcement has been made.

Da-Kid

October 27 - Kimishima begins the meeting by announcing "Due to our focus and commitment to Wii U and 3DS this holiday season, we will be discussing our new hardware NX in January. NX release has been moved to Summer 2017. We will not be discussing NX today." Same day we get a tweet saying " A whole new Nintendo experience is coming next year!! But why wait!! Experience Wii U 3DS!! #WIIU #3DS. Gaf riots.

November 4
- Holiday direct. Wii U Zelda twilight princess bundle, and new price of $250. 3DS price cut to $175. Gaf riots.

January 20 - Reveal happens. It's almost exactly what we all knew it was gonna be: A handheld that sits on a dock, that outputs to TV. It's cartridge based, and is only slightly more powerful then Wii U when connected to the dock. No detachable controllers or anything fancy. A lot simpler then everyone thought it would be. Big Gimmick is an optional projector that can project onto anything. We see several clips of families playing games on TV, on the go, and playing on the wall, with over exaggerating smiles and laughs.
wii-u-family-image.jpg

The name is terrible. Only games to be shown are Zelda, Smash bros port, Retros new IP and a few 3rd party games. No price or date. Gaf riots.

The next few months
- Many threads such as " I'm done with Nintendo" and " Nintendo needs to apologize to Us Wii U owners " " begin popping up every week and result in multiple locked threads and bans. Gaf riots.

June - E3. Nintendo Show's off more games, including Pokemon Eclipse, a Super Mario 3d world port/ expansion. No new Mainline Mario game shown. Official price of NX is $250 and is releasing the beginning of September. Gaf riots.
Sounds plausible.

Banned

November 4

wii-u-family-image.jpg

The next few months

I'm gonna throw you in front of a bus.

I'm gonna predict a Nintendo Direct announcement on October 18th, with the Direct airing within a couple days after the announcement has been made.

I hope this doesn't happen. People deserve more time to prepare. I won't be able to watch it live if I don't get more notice. People on YouTube need some time to prepare for live reactions.

I have no problem with October 20th, but please this is your future generation system. Give us atleast one weeks notice so we can all get to watch it. You would think they would want as many people to watch it.

As ludicrous? Paper Mario is a game of a current system no matter how you spin it dead or not. The nes and famicom minis aren't and are irrelevant to the nx. The sarcasm in your post isn't funny. The paper Mario games are an awesome franchise whether you like it or not.

The more I've thought about it it makes sense Nintendo would want to wait after. You know these developers put in so much time to make this beautiful Paper Mario game and they deserve a little time to themselves to sell Paper Mario-without everybody knowing what NX already is and nobody will pay attention to Paper Mario.

TLZ

Banned
Almost as ludicrous as the people who suggest they're waiting for paper Mario color splash to come out for a dead platform to wait to show off the nx. Don't want to take away attention or sales from that blockbuster.

As ludicrous? Paper Mario is a game of a current system no matter how you spin it dead or not. The nes and famicom minis aren't and are irrelevant to the nx. The sarcasm in your post isn't funny. The paper Mario games are an awesome franchise whether you like it or not.

November 4

wii-u-family-image.jpg

The next few months

Put me in my coffin now if anything remotely like this occurs. Cause of death - laughter.

ggx2ac

I'd want to say NX announcement in the first week of October and then reveal on the second week.

However, I'm certain I remember one time there was a Nintendo Direct just before a financial briefing, either by a couple of days or a week.

Aside from Pokémon News there's no other expected announcements before the financial briefing.

So technically the second week of October for announcement and third week is reveal for NX for the most likely occurrence. Possibly.

What if we're caught in a Groundhog Day-esque loop and the NX will end it?
Unless it doesn't and we're trapped until we somehow better ourselves from how we were.

On a serious note, it's time to relax. If news comes soon, everyone will get hype then--for now, there's little need to keep the flame burning brightly. Watching the madness is fun, though.

Banned
You missed the entire point.

Paper Mario doesn't have the clout a Zelda or Smash game has. If zelda was coming out October 7th I can understand Nintendo waiting for it to be released for a couple weeks to give it some spotlight and promote the Wii U. Then they would reveal the NX after.

But it's fucking Paper Mario... On a console with an install base of less than 13m. No way in hell Nintendo made the nx reveal in October because of paper Mario. It's likely just a coincidence.

Btw: I'm a paper Mario fan and I enjoy the series but my enjoyment of it doesn't give me rose tinted glasses that it's some huge franchise that needs all this space before nx is revealed.

What if we're caught in a Groundhog Day-esque loop and the NX will end it?
Unless it doesn't and we're trapped until we somehow better ourselves from how we were.

On a serious note, it's time to relax. If news comes soon, everyone will get hype then--for now, there's little need to keep the flame burning brightly. Watching the madness is fun, though.
You should embrace the madness. Think about all the NX stories you'll be able to pass down to kids from generation to generation. 😊

Eurogamer made us all crazy with the "september reveal" bit

Ever since we are all "tomorrow is the day. Tomorrow!"

They only have one more day left. If nothing for NX is revealed tomorrow then that means their whole rumor was false and I'll have to make YouTube videos on it to let everyone know.

Banned
Is it fair to say that Nintendo will not be in a position where they can show the NX around by late October if they are not going to be in the Paris Game Week?

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/543764/pgw-2016-nintendo-sera-absent-du-salon.htm
PGW has been irrelevant for Nintendo for years. Same with GDC and PAX.

Nintendo likes to make a splash at E3 or with their own directs. Don't put much stock into if they're showing or not showing at other trade shows that aren't E3.

BY2K

Membero Americo
PGW has been irrelevant for Nintendo for years. Same with GDC and PAX.

Nintendo likes to make a splash at E3 or with their own directs. Don't put much stock into if they're showing or not showing at other trade shows that aren't E3.

What do you mean, irrelevant? They've been to every single one except this year.

Banned
What do you mean, irrelevant? They've been to every single one except this year.
Sure but do any major announcements come from there or is it usually just more footage of already announced games or the same demoes shown at E3/Gamescom?

Sure but do any major announcements come from there or is it usually just more footage of already announced games or the same demoes shown at E3/Gamescom?

But if there is nothing already announced then they have nothing to show at PGW. I think the NX reveal isnt happening in October

cacildo

Nintendo says that they are skipping Paris Game week because it doesnt fit their plan for the year. I assume they are talking about the calendar year.

But they have something in Italy in october... and they said No NX, right?

(Is that right? I think i read it somewhere)

And theres also people that say they wont show the NX before Paper Mario release

And they also cant be showing it next week since they have Pokemon news next week

And there is also people that say if they show the NX before christmas they will be killing 3ds and wiiu potential christmas sales...

Is there any date for Nintendo to actually show the NX?

Emily said October a few days ago. Not sure why it missing September would suddenly mean Nintendo skipping October, November, December, and half of January.
They don't have an e3 like Sony and MS had after their reveal event so they can take their time. It might be best to have just one massive show instead of a small reveal and then another small show later on.
They need to get it right, but I'm pretty sure they'll do it before the 26th of October

Hydrus

But they have something in Italy in october... and they said No NX, right?

(Is that right? I think i read it somewhere)

And theres also people that say they wont show the NX before Paper Mario release

And they also cant be showing it next week since they have Pokemon news next week

And there is also people that say if they show the NX before christmas they will be killing 3ds and wiiu potential christmas sales...

Is there any date for Nintendo to actually show the NX?

January 2017

Emily said October a few days ago. Not sure why it missing September would suddenly mean Nintendo skipping October, November, December, and half of January.

Because of the holidays and promoting Pokemon Sun and moon. As well as one last push to make some money off Wii U, before they have no choice but to slash prices.

You know Super Mario 64 isn't my favorite 3D Mario, but I'd love to see the next 3D Mario for NX be a much bigger version of Super Mario 64. Maybe even like a Super Mario Galaxy x 64. I really hope we get to see it at the reveal.

I watch Nintendo when they showed the Wii at E3 2006 and Wii U at E3 2012-both times they had either a 2D Mario or 3D Mario they showed off. I want to see the same again, but let it be a 3D Mario. Yes, I know what
Miyamoto said, but he can say whatever he wants it doesn't mean it won't happen lol.

I can't read any of that.
Man it sucks to be uncultured.

Chaque année, Nintendo cherche les meilleurs moyens et les meilleurs moments pour permettre à ses fans d’avoir accès à ses jeux. Cette année, Nintendo a décidé de ne pas participer à la Paris Games Week, car elle ne s’insérait pas dans le plan annuel. Nous souhaitons à tous les participants et aux organisateurs un très bel événement.

Each year, Nintendo finds the best ways and the best moments to permit their fans with access to their games. This year, Nintendo has decided to not participate in Paris Games Week, because it didn't fit in our plan for the year. We wish to all its participants and organizers a great event.

Last paragraph says the editors believe this is a transitional period, with the Wii U on its way out and Nintendo wanting to find the right way to show off their new baby (NX).

January 2017

Because of the holidays and promoting Pokemon Sun and moon. As well as one last push to make some money off Wii U, before they have no choice but to slash prices.
Nah. Potentially damaging their future platform for Wii U isn't something they're going to do. They're also stopping production of Wii U so I don't think we'll see an official price drop anytime soon. Dont' see Pokemon Sun and Moon being affected either.
If we don't see the reveal by the 26th it might get delayed, If NX is delayed we should hear about it on the 26th. Either way we should see it by the 26th.

January 2017

Nintendo said they're talking about NX before the end of the year. Kimishima himself has said this repeatedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom