• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Orayn said:
I mourn their passing, but the rest of the Andy Capp line is still alive and well. Whenever they go on sale, I stock up. Best junkfood? Best junkfood.

Andy Capp Chili Cheese Steak Fries = God Tier of snacks.

Lucario

Struct09 said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/2mx4s4g.jpg

Loved this
Sleazy convenience stores in MA sell it still. Hell, Walgreens had what appeared to be the original stuff last summer, in that exact can..... for 0.50 each. I bought all they had.

siaoliao

Neo Member
JCX said:
Butterfinger BBs.

Yup.

ButterfingerBBs2_small.jpg

Also, not sure if they're discontinued but I couldn't find them at all last winter: Gingerbread Pop-Tarts.

GingerbreadPopTarts.jpg

ThatRebel said:
Choco_taco.jpg

Taco Bell used to sell these. I tried to get one a few years ago, they said it had been years since they sold them. :(

They sell them in just about every other store/movie theater tho.

At least in Chicago.

G-Fex

I just bought some E.L. Fudge cookies, it said they're on sale cause it's closeout, meaning this store won't carry it anymore. I really hope it doesn't mean they're discontinuing it.

U2NUMB

JABEE said:
Where can I find these machines?

Just used it the first time the other day. The local Pizza joins Davannis up here in Minnesota have them. The lines to get soda are crazy as nobody knows how to use them.

And while they are neat.. its sort of a joke as the flavors they use are generic. So like its the same cherry flavor they pump into every brand.

Often it does not taste just right .. but very cool machine for sure.

Persona7

Banned
ThatRebel said:
Choco_taco.jpg

Taco Bell used to sell these. I tried to get one a few years ago, they said it had been years since they sold them. :(
I still see these commonly in california. I just saw them today on a Ice cream truck.

About the TMNT ice cream, I stopped a ice cream truck today and they had them. They also had the sonic ones as well.

AIRic

I remember maybe in 90-91 (Original Gameboy time), KFC had a barbecue flavored Popcorn chicken. That was incredible,it was only a small barbecue powder on them, but it was soooo good!

bengraven

ThatRebel said:
Choco_taco.jpg

Never saw them at Taco Bell, but Taco John's still has them last I was at one. I can also find these at local Kangaroo gas stations.

Speaking of TJ's, these aren't on the menu in some places, but you can still get them if you ask:

K3Z4S.png

G-Fex

bengraven said:
Never saw them at Taco Bell, but Taco John's still has them last I was at one. I can also find these at local Kangaroo gas stations.

Speaking of TJ's, these aren't on the menu in some places, but you can still get them if you ask:

K3Z4S.png

Carls Jr. (the ones with green burrito) have something like that, they're called mini beef burritos or something and they're like fried taquito things.

FStop7

Banned
McDLT.

mcdlt1.jpg

The hot side stays hot.

The cool side stays crisp.

And double the styrofoam means double the awesomeness.

bengraven

G-Fex said:
Carls Jr. (the ones with green burrito) have something like that, they're called mini beef burritos or something and they're like fried taquito things.

I wonder if my local Hardees/Red Burrito has them.

I've lived in Florida for 5 years and have seen only one Taco Johns the entire time and it's over an hour away in the middle of nowhere and in fact, is the only TJ in Florida according to the website.

G-Fex

FStop7 said:
McDLT.

mcdlt1.jpg

The hot side stays hot.

Look this guy kept one all these years and he eats it.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bj/80s-dan/30899-the-mcdlt

bengraven said:
I wonder if my local Hardees/Red Burrito has them.

I've lived in Florida for 5 years and have seen only one Taco Johns the entire time and it's over an hour away in the middle of nowhere and in fact, is the only TJ in Florida according to the website.

Holy shit bizzaro land

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I miss the 1/2 pound Bean Burrito Especial from Taco Bell :(

I saw a story on Food Network about it once and they said they were actually losing money on the ones they sold so they discontinued it. It was fantastic :(

Melchiah

FStop7 said:
McDLT.

mcdlt1.jpg

The hot side stays hot.

Sounds wonderful otherwise, but the cheese is on the wrong side. Cold unmelted cheese in a burger is major turn off for me, but keeping the cold tomato off the beef is an excellent idea.

BTW, I wish the hamburger joints warmed up the buns properly.

Retro

drspeedy said:
Certainly! Without derailing the thread too much, my current favorites for snacking:

..... I will actually try these on your recommendation (because I said I would), but I've always thought of Kashi as mass-marketed tree-hugging yuppie-junk. Obviously that's the image they want to present, but even ignoring that, granola isn't exactly what I consider snack food.

Still, a promise to someone on the internet is a promise all the same, I will (attempt) to check them out (if my local store carries them).

But if I start hanging out in drum circles or eating tofu, I am tracking you down, kicking your hippie ass and holding you hostage until I get some Ranch Munch 'ems.
KuGsj.gif

mik

mik is unbeatable
I doubt many here are old enough to remember them, but Nabisco Heyday Bars were the greatest fucking cookies ever.

willmiz

Banned
I almost had a temper tantrum a few weeks back when I went to Wendy's and the person didn't know what I was talking about when I tried ordering this.
wendys-chicken-wings.jpg

alejob

We had a cereal called chocoflakes that was really good. Then they started making chocolate frosted flakes that is not so good.

Google didn't get any results for the right thing.

turnbuckle

chilicheese-300x199.jpg

LakeEarth said:
This reminds me, Taco Bell in Canada used to have a Spicy Chicken Burrito on the cheap menu and it's been gone for a few years now :(

I'm eating 3 of these Chili Cheese burritos for breakfast lunch right now. They still sell em in Kalamazoo, MI but when I've gone to a few other TBs across Michigan they didn't have them on the menu. They're so good. I'll probably only really eat 1 and a half, but I buy an extra one just in case the workers don't put enough filling in. Today they were stuffed :)

willmiz said:
I almost had a temper tantrum a few weeks back when I went to Wendy's and the person didn't know what I was talking about when I tried ordering this.
wendys-chicken-wings.jpg

Never tried those :(

I really miss the Wendy's pitas. They had a greek chicken one that was awesome by fast food standards.

I also miss the Arch Deluxe

y6MXA.jpg

noah111

Still Alive
Anyone else remember those fries from Burger King that you shake in a bag with powdered cheese? Oh shit that was so, so good. What happened? The marketing was nailed.

turnbuckle said:
Never tried those :(

I really miss the Wendy's pitas. They had a greek chicken one that was awesome by fast food standards.

Damnit I forgot about those till you said that. I loved the chicken ceaser one they had. :(

discohiro

big-king-xxl.jpg

Just got back from eating lunch at McDonald's, and a co-worker brought up Burger King's Big King. Basically a complete knock-off of McDonald's Big Mac (minus the middle bun).

benjipwns

Banned
Quizno's got rid of the Tuscan Turkey (it had some other name for years and then they tried to make it sound fancier) and now they're dead to me.

xhpx7.jpg

Roasted red pepper sauce. mmmm

Good night, sweet prince. :(
TurtleSnatcher said:
I faintly remember McDonalds Pizza - I just don't remember how it tastes.. haha.
Like a hate crime.
Seraphis Cain said:
Oh, how could I forget this:

V8rs4.jpg

My absolute favorite frozen dinner ever. Sadly, they don't make it anymore. =/
They do. I had one a couple weeks ago. (Michigan.) They killed off the Turkey ones for one with horrible green beans and shit instead of potatoes or potatoes + stuffing.

G-Fex

You know what, I'm going to the KFC I know of Tomorrow and I'm going to get some Chicken Littles and take pics of for gaf.

Even though I don't like uh mayonnaise

AIRic

Dear discontinued food aficinado, I need your help identifying one snack from my childhood!

It was a kind of chips made by Hostess (3 colored friendly monster-like mascots) that was bought in a black bag. They sold those potato chips for a limited time only. The chips were rectangular and tastes like all-dressed chips, but way better.

Help me GAF!

EDIT : BTW, my favorite TMNT snacks were the green arrowroot cookies they made. Sooo good!

AIRic said:
Dear discontinued food aficinado, I need your help identifying one snack from my childhood!

It was a kind of chips made by Hostess (3 colored friendly monster-like mascots) that was bought in a black bag. They sold those potato chips for a limited time only. The chips were rectangular and tastes like all-dressed chips, but way better.

Help me GAF!

EDIT : BTW, my favorite TMNT snacks were the green arrowroot cookies they made. Sooo good!
This?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25692985@N07/4436826871/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
discohiro said:
big-king-xxl.jpg

Just got back from eating lunch at McDonald's, and a co-worker brought up Burger King's Big King. Basically a complete knock-off of McDonald's Big Mac (minus the middle bun).

And about 100 times better as well. Funny enough, them getting rid of it was one of the reasons it was easy for me to become a vegetarian.

Also, this thread is torture. Now when I'm hungry I want PB Crisps :(

drspeedy said:
Certainly! Without derailing the thread too much, my current favorites for snacking:

http://www.kashi.com/products/heart_to_heart_whole_grain_crackers_roasted_garlic

http://www.kashi.com/products/tlc_layered_granola_bars_peanutty_dark_chocolate

And the best cereal you've maybe never tried, I live on this stuff:
http://www.kashi.com/products/kashi_u_kashi_u

[EDIT] BTW, If I'm violating any sort of self-promotion rules, mods please delete.

yea someone else who like Kashi!

Also somehow this :

413H4BE8EVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

poped in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom