• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Discontinued food you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
It was fucking worth it for the fact that he got rid of cheese-like product on pizzas and stuff, alone. You'll appreciate it if you have kids.

i only ever had one when i was younger, it was probably one of the most amazing things ever

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ecto_cooler.jpg

Crystal-pepsi.jpg

Ninja Turtles Cereal.

Nets and marshmallows. SO FUCKING GOOD.

045kt.jpg

4921978130_de920994e2.jpg

Cruncha_large.jpg

fuuuuuuuck.

And those Dinosour Eggs. Fuck.
and Viennetta ice cream, fuuuck

Awesome choices Also Rice Krispie with Marshmallow (colors one) is so gooood too.

My turn!

Slime

Banned
xf3yz.jpg

Probably taste worse than I remember.

Yeah, I don't even remember what this tastes like but I always wanted it when I want to my grandma's.

FUCKING LOVED THIS. I almost forgot.

zBdrg.jpg

Wheat Crunch

I remember buying a pack of these every single day in Middle School in Red Deer, Alberta...I wonder if it was just a Canadian thing? They also had Ranch, Dill Pickle and Pizza flavours...so good...

I was just perusing Google for an image of this and was lead back to the thread, haha. I miss these so much.

As for mine:

EHLaZ.jpg

Mainly because of the packaging. I don't think I ever liked that stuff when it wasn't Ghostbusters-themed.

Also, I doubt anyone outside of Canada would know what this is, but I loved these things a company called Janes used to make called Zesty Nacho Chicken Bites.

Hamburger-flavored Pringles. Colbert did a segment on it, but it had to be recalled o something. A shame, too, since Pringles doesn't seem to be experimenting with more flavors now.

Krabardaf

Vanilla Coke (Belgium).
Found once in a local store that had imported em, so good.
We had Sprite Ice Cube (mint flavoured), but I don't miss it as much.

PB Crisps, omg... I loved those!!!! And tangerine Altoids!

By the way, you can get chicken littles at KFC in Kentucky. oooh weee, son.

Now, here is what I miss:

f_PbMAX005m_ef5cdff.jpg

Oh myyyy God!

THIS. SO MUCH THIS. I have crystal clear memories of eating these while playing Kid Icarus and Metroid at a friend's house. Happy thoughts.

Crystal-pepsi.jpg

I doesn't matter how underwhelming the product actually was, but Pepsi could make a killing if they brought that back as "Limited Edition" for a few months.

jambo

It's weird seeinig Crispy M&Ms mentioned so many times in here. They never left Australia, in fact I had a bag this week =]

8cz6D.jpg

Westraid

When I was a kid they had this cereal that tasted like Oreos. And no, the Oreo O's were never available here. I really really miss that cereal, but I can't find it anywhere.

I was so desperate I even try to break real Oreo cookies into tiny pieces and threw them in the milk, but that didn't work out. :(

Izick

How do Pretzel M&M's compare to the crisps? I remember seeing ads for the crisp ones on RAW is WAR all the time but I never tried them. Pretzel ones are pretty good though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There were two versions of Crystal Pepsi. One that tasted Pepsi-ish, and a later one that tasted 7-up-ish. They never really explained the change.

According to google, before totally vanishing Crystal Pepsi was replaced for a while with "Crystal from the makers of Pepsi" which was a clear citrus drink.

4ZtUj.jpg

mclem

I was going to reply to this thread with the Fuse Bar...

4H8is.jpg

... until I realised that this thread was kinda old, and I already extolled its virtues in post #470.

Man, way back in the times before the internet, Hostess made chips in Canada. Lays bought them out and replaced the Canadian brands of chips with their Lays products. It was mostly painless, except where it came to O'Ryans Sour Cream and Onion chips. O'Ryans were dozens of times superior to Ruffles chips, loading on massive amounts of chip flavour and being cut about twice as thick. I miss O'Ryans.

This is the only picture I could find.

50354_8709064106_1484799_n.jpg

Zomba13

In 1998, M&M's became "The Official Candy of the New Millennium", since MM is the roman numeral for 2000. A year later, Crispy M&M's were released. They were slightly larger than the milk chocolate variety and featured a crispy rice center. They were discontinued in the United States in 2005, though they brought in more profit than any other M&M variety. They are still available in Europe, Australia, and southeast Asia.

WHY!?! >:|

Crispy ones are my favourites (UK here).
SO GOOOD

I miss Diet Vanilla Coke.
I prefer Diet coke over regular (I like the taste better) and I LOVED the vanilla version. It's been so long I'm starting to think I imagined it...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
If you want some cup jelly, try to find a Filipino store. I know the Fil-Am stores and oriental markets around here have them. My wife buys them for my daughter.

Almost a year late on seeing this post but I have a huge Asian market near my house, I'll have to check them out.

GhaleonEB

Cherry and Apple Fruit Newtons were GODLIKE.
RIP.
I think only the original Fig and Strawberry are left.

Ljcm0.jpg

I still browse the cookie isle now and then, hoping to find that Apple Newtons have returned.

To add: Unfrosted Cherry Pop-Tarts. They only seem to make Unfrosted Strawberry these days. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom