• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLNA update for PS4 coming tonight!

Fusebox

Banned
Amazing, I gotta remind myself to apologise to the "Any chance of DLNA for PS4 at E3" thread guy, I thought that was a pipe dream.

jobrro

Just tried streaming some MKVs and MP4s from my Plex Server using Media Player, first time I tried opening a video it had an error but the every other time worked perfectly (first time may have timed out waiting on the hard drives to spin up). Didn't do exhaustive testing but seemed to be quick and actually works. Will probably stick to the Plex app but native support for more codecs should mean the server won't need to do transcoding.

Just bought a tiny 32GB USB drive for music on the PS4 too :p.

JJD

So how's the streaming quality of Plex compared to just hooking my macbook pro through HDMI and seeing a video on VLC?

Never tried DLNA...I use cables, I'm old... :-(

So I use MediaLink on my Mac to stream to my PS3, but it isn't working on the PS4 (it can't find any media). Is there a good alternative for Mac that will let me use DLNA for the PS4?

Edit: I guess in the time of my posting someone recommended Universal Media Server. I guess I'll try that.

muteki

Mixed results using both UMS and Plex.

Once they get time to sort out the device profiles everything should be good to go.

Tainted

I have done all the WMP troubleshooting...damn thing wont play any media off my PC, same error "Cannot play media" or the icon next to the file/s changes to a broken symbol

Time to install PS3mediaserver

I have done all the WMP troubleshooting...damn thing wont play any media off my PC, same error "Cannot play media" or the icon next to the file/s changes to a broken symbol

Time to install PS3mediaserver

Might need to allow your PS4 access through your PC's firewall.

Dugna

Dude, the new media player plays freaking MKV files. That's like the majority of fansubbing for anime right there, hell to the yes :D

Yazuka

A shame it doesn't support subtitle files. And a lot of avi files I tried doesn't work. But everything is smooth so far. Good stuff.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
NOOOOOOOO

I finally get folder support for my NAS, but then it still sees the hidden Mac ._ files. FUCK! It also couldn't play a LOT of the MKVs. Looks like this media player needs a lot of work like the Xbox One one.

Top Bottom