• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

$40 is a perfect price for the game and the new content they put in it. People shouldn't complain about this when Sleeping Dogs was released for $60. All remastered games should be for $40, even GTA V.

Anyways, I loved DMC, it was my first Devil May Cry game and believe it or not, it made me want to play the old ones too. I hope Ninja Theory make a sequel to DMC. I dont trust Capcom's devs to make a worthy successor, only platinum games can potentially create the best DMC ever.

Itsuno did a fantastic job on DMC 4 until it was rushed to release an incomplete game and had to make backtracking a thing for Dante. About DmC lest just say that Capcom teasing DMC4SE and Vergil at the same time has completely stole the thunder out of DmC announcement.

dan2026

To be honest dmc4 already looked great and ran at 60fps. I dont think 1080p will make much of a difference in this case.

It will live or die on the extra content for me. Hope Cappycom don't do a rush job.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
10841533_1586995398189893_1213606792_n.jpg

Joke post? You held off on buying DMC4 for 7 years?

Yeah OK man.

I was a child when DMC4 originally released. I was planning on purchasing DMC4 whenever it was next discounted on Steam but if there's a superior version releasing soon then I'll just get that.

Alchemist

In for DMC4 SE.

Bought DmC last year, traded it in and got it again thanks to PlayStation Plus so I'll be passing on the Definitive Edition.

I see. So this is like Nintendo announcing Wind Waker Wii U with a picture of the cancelled dungeon then. Or something like that.

I've only played the new DMC.

I don't think this is that complicated. They are adding a brand new character who plays entirely differently to DMC4, which is widely considered to be one of, if not THE best character action combat systems. Just playing through the game alone with a new version of Vergil is close to having a brand new game in any other genre. The characters/gameplay means everything and we are getting a whole new one.

To be honest dmc4 already looked great and ran at 60fps. I dont think 1080p will make much of a difference in this case.

It will live or die on the extra content for me. Hope Cappycom don't do a rush job.
Well I recently replayed DMC4 on PS3, and the jungle sections ran like ass when there were a ton of shadows. But other sections were smooth..

Gbraga

Constant swearing in an attempt to be edgy and cool is just too childish for me to deal with.

I agree with all the criticism about DmC's writing, it is terrible, and DMC3 did have a much better story, but, that said, the FUCK YOU sequence was actually kinda clever, one of the best parts of DmC's narrative.

ezekial45

Banned
Before anyone wants to turn this into a pissing contest of which game to 'support', just know that Capcom JPN has likely already made their decision on the future of DMC.

The fact of the matter is, we're getting two remasters of good games to play -- both of which have substantial new content added to them. That's a really big win for fans in my book.

KoopaTheCasual

Aside from Vergil being added to DMC 4, do we know what else they're doing to the game? Are they gonna re do some of the encounter scenarios?

I know that's how the game is structured but are they gonna try to find a way to remedy the second half of the game where you're just going through the same place Nero went through?
I don't believe this was DMC4:SE's official info blowout. It was mainly focusing on DmC:DE, and only hinted that DMC4 would be announced later. So there's a good chance they add a lot of content as well.

That said, it's kind of sad how the hint of DMC4 stole DmC's thunder.

Before anyone wants to turn this into a pissing contest of which game to 'support', just know that Capcom JPN has likely already made their decision on the future of DMC.

The fact of the matter is, we're getting two remasters of good games to play -- both of which have substantial new content added to them. That's a really big win for fans in my book.
Yah basically just get hype for more DMC! No time to be upset...

Kinsei

Banned
Seriously, it's like people think that the other games were written by Mario Puzo.

Old Dante is a Saturday morning cartoon character and new Dante is a 14 year old metal heads OC. Sure neither is going to win any awards for writing, but surely you can see why one wopuld prefer the old to the new (and vice versa to everyone that can't see why some people dislike old Dante and like new Dante).

Sesha

Yep. I said the same a couple of pages back.

The remasters are great news and I'm gonna be playing both until I collapse.

Gbraga

That's my take on it as well. They're probably just gathering funds for it with those remasters.

Though a playable Vergil with an entirely new moveset in DMC4 would probably indicate DMC5, especially if he looks better than other characters :p

Whoa, those are actually really good additions to the game that might actually make me more interested in playing through it more than twice. Wonder if these updates will come to the PC version as well. No word on that yet, right?

Edit: HOLY SHIT DMC4SE FUCK.

Anteater

This really feels like some sort of test to see where to take the franchise in the future. I hope they make the right decision. I'll buy Devil May Cry 4 for a third time if it helps them choose correctly.

I'd like to believe they already have a game in development and this is just to get people hyped about it, because "testing" wouldn't really work for games with such long development time, they can't afford to wait for the sales result and then decide what to do with the franchise when they take 2-3 years to make.

I would also like to believe vergil in dmc4 is to bridge dmc5 and 4 together.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's my take on it as well. They're probably just gathering funds for it with those remasters.

Though a playable Vergil with an entirely new moveset in DMC4 would probably indicate DMC5, especially if he looks better than other characters :p

The fact that they're remastering DMC4 7 years after release tells me that they're not forgetting the classic series. This is really a huge step.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's not Ninja Theory doing the Special Edition is it?

Because if so.... like... what's the point??

I can't imagine they would. DMC4 was MT Framework, and Ninja Theory was never trained to work with it... it's also not easy for non-Japanese speakers to work with.

AAK

Capcom really know how to leech money. I bet they won't include Vergil in DMC5. And then 4 years after its release announce DMC5 Special Edition for next gen with a Vergil Skin and charge $40 for it.

Why the hell isn't this coming for PC!?

This was one of my favorite games of last year. People should defiantly look into it if they didn't play it yet.
Its my favorite combo based action game ever. Granted I'm more into the more basic ones like GoW2/3, MGS Rising, etc.

The fact that they're remastering DMC4 7 years after release tells me that they're not forgetting the classic series. This is really a huge step.
Yep. The Vergil tease being in the trailer for DmC DE is pretty big.

I'm still pretty shocked. A DMC with Nero, Dante, and Vergil was like a dream game for me.

88random

Now, this is how you do remasters. And the price is ok, maybe I'll buy it. Bu when I saw "one more thing" at the end... Sorry NT, DMC 4 it is. And I hope it sells well, just to let Capcom know what Devil May Cry game we really want.

I don't know what to think.

They called it "Special Edition" and not "Remastered" hmm

Because they have a history of releasing 'Special Editions' for DMC. Well, starting with DMC3. And ending with DMC3. But you get my point. In fact, DMC3:SE did the same thing, add Vergil.

Well that much is a given, due to all the "fixes" on the new DmC edition it seems that capcom is trying to please the existent DMC fanbase and will try to focus on the develoment of DMC 5 instead of DmC 2. I still hope that DMC4SE will outsell DmC for at least twice as much or more just to bury all possibility of having a DmC situation all over again, if Capcom wants to fund a new action game by NT may as well give them creative freedom to create a new franchise and not piggy bag them on an existent one with an established fanbase.

Yuterald

I'm actually more interested if they're adding anything to Nero and his Devil Bringer than the inclusion of Vergil. That arm shit and the revving of the sword (exceed) is still my favorite thing ever. I think combat-wise, I find DMC4 to be my favorite in the whole genre/scene (yes, I think I even like it more than dodge offset/witch time from Bayonetta). I loved DMC4 so much, can't wait to replay it.

Top Bottom