• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC Definitive Edition ($40, major rework) & Devil May Cry 4 (w/ Vergil) for XB1/PS4

sleepykyo

That's my take on it as well. They're probably just gathering funds for it with those remasters.

Though a playable Vergil with an entirely new moveset in DMC4 would probably indicate DMC5, especially if he looks better than other characters :p

Seems like Capcom is putting the spotlight on DmC though.

In DMC 3 he only 1 style and 3 weapons.
I wouldn't expect much...
Yah i know, but they aren't going to give us DMC3 Vergil in HD they will have to add either more styles or another mechanic like exceed..
edit: Or if DMC5 is in the making he might be experimented on...

Anteater

Is it good? I like LoK, so if it's decent I might pick it up.

it's a watered down action game, it has some bad sections (like bayonetta's space harrier crap) that goes along with it, it lacked enemy variety and there are barely like 2 boss fights, a lot of enemies were recycled and the game also locked away most of the skills on the first playthrough.

With that said I think the bending is a pretty interesting mechanic, it controls well and I had fun with it especially on the second play through when everything is unlocked, for the fun parts they're actually pretty fun, I'd pick it up for a low price on a sale or something, it's worth playing imo. Just not as good as other action games and it's a budget title.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why no PC? Why?

Possibly because people would probably demand it for free and shit up every thread and piece of news about it like they are doing with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.

Keep it exclusive to consoles, at least for launch, and for whatever reason, you get to avoid the negative reaction largely.

Wait, DMC4 for current gen? Now that I will definitely pick up. Didn't pay attention to the thread title and only saw DmC. I never played DMC4, so this is great for me.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
In DMC 3 he only 1 style and 3 weapons.
I wouldn't expect much...

There's no limit to what they can do. In DMC3, they already had the assets for Vergil from his boss fights.

In DMC4, they're creating him from the ground up. He could just have Yamato, or he could have several new weapons. Hell, he might be able to switch into Nelo Angelo, like Corrupted Vergil from DMC3.

Because it was the trailer for DmC Remastered. DMC4SE hasn't been announced yet.

Was the missing lock-on really a problem that needed to be in DmC? I don't remember ever using a lock-on in any DMC game and I was doing just fine.

Dahbomb

I don't know what to think.

They called it "Special Edition" and not "Remastered" hmm
The Special Edition is a call back to DMC3SE. This could be a Definitive edition as well we don't really know. I do like this call back and it's what fans have wanted... for 7 years!

Kssio_Aug

Its funny because after so long without the main DMC series, I usually forgot to mention DMC3 as one of my favorites PS2 games. That DMC4 remaster is already bringing some nice memories back! I'm definitely picking that up!

Lernaean

Banned
Well that much is a given, due to all the "fixes" on the new DmC edition it seems that capcom is trying to please the existent DMC fanbase and will try to focus on the develoment of DMC 5 instead of DmC 2. I still hope that DMC4SE will outsell DmC for at least twice as much or more just to bury all possibility of having a DmC situation all over again, if Capcom wants to fund a new action game by NT may as well give them creative freedom to create a new franchise and not piggy bag them on an existent one with an established fanbase.

DmC will sell decently, the thirst is real and it's coming a few months earlier than DMC4SE. I just hope the fans of the original series will get 4SE, both to play as Vergil, but also to support the demand for an in-house developed DMC.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Shrugs. If they can put a tight enough leash on NT to get DmC2 at 60fps on consoles, I wouldn't mind NT taking over.

I feel that NT can make a pretty good DMC game. This edition shows they are learning. I would still rather Itsuno and his people, though.

Was the missing lock-on really a problem that needed to be in DmC? I don't remember ever using a lock-on in any DMC game and I was doing just fine.

it was critical for directional inputs since they were tied to dante's in game direction. Not to mention I want to have the option to target who I want, not who I'm near .

Lulubop

Possibly because people would probably demand it for free and shit up every thread and piece of news about it like they are doing with Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin.

Keep it exclusive to consoles, at least for launch, and for whatever reason, you get to avoid the negative reaction largely.

Fuck that

- Vergil in DMC4
- Ninja Theory fixing the shit out of DmC

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy both, now.
yeah, both announcements seems really really awesome to me...

I really don't like what NT did story wise with DMC, but at least it might be traditional DMC-gameplay now and be a great challenging action title.

Really cool, should have been at the PSX.

Sesha

The Special Edition is a call back to DMC3SE. This could be a Definitive edition as well we don't really know. I do like this call back and it's what fans have wanted... for 7 years!

Could you imagine if they did what they wanted to do with Dante's campaign and have him enter Hell and fight the bosses there? I mean, it's not gonna happen, but man, the possibilities.
Or if they added bosses and weapons from DMC3? It hurts my brain just thinking about it.

Not you but everyone else sure used it. Having the option is important. Platinum knew this with Bayonetta. Whatever people's preferences are, at least give them the option to choose.

Shinjica

Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.

this should have been from the start

Most likely because DmC is coming in march and we only know that DMC4SE is aiming for summer 2015. I would guess Capcom will try to not talk about DMC4 until DmC is out in the market to avoid cannibalizing themselves with both titles.

Even though I don't understand Capcom releasing the DMC4SE teaser since it is pretty obvious most people are completely ignoring the fact of the DmC announcement and are only talking about DMC4SE.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that

I agree, but I could see it being a smart decision to avoid a bunch of negative noise. Obviously the audiences for DMC and Dark Souls don't overlap 100%, but for whatever reason, a lot of PC folks seem to feel entitled to free copies of new versions of games as long as they bought the original.

abadguy

Banned
Shrugs. If they can put a tight enough leash on NT to get DmC2 at 60fps on consoles, I wouldn't mind NT taking over.

Not sure what kind of "leash" they could put on NT to make them better combat designers. A better idea is to let NT make their own shit and let Itsuno and co give us a real DMC sequel.

Anteater

DMC4 should run comfortably at 1080p60 16xAF and 4xMSAA or above. Don't let me down Capcom.

It's one of the early MTframework games that ran at 720p and 60fps last gen and super good on pc, it shouldn't be a problem unless there are noticeable graphical upgrades.

Eolz

I know people already said it, but I really hope most people buy the remake of DMC4, and wait for DmC to hit the bargain bin.
It looks like it has some cool changes, but Capcom needs to see the right message.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I feel that NT can make a pretty good DMC game. This edition shows they are learning. I would still rather Itsuno and his people, though.
I doubt that they would ever return to for a sequel, considering how much they lost and the fact that they're changing their development strategy because of that. But yeah, looking at what they're adding for this, I can see that they might be able to make a good DMC.

DMC4 should run comfortably at 1080p60 16xAF and 4xMSAA or above. Don't let me down Capcom.
My man, Shinny. My man.

You know what could make this better?

Bring back one aspect of DMC2: you can now fight multiple bosses at the same time in Bloody Palace.

Akiller

Because they have a history of releasing 'Special Editions' for DMC. Well, starting with DMC3. And ending with DMC3. But you get my point. In fact, DMC3:SE did the same thing, add Vergil.

It's just a callback to DMC3: Special Edition, which also added a playable Vergil.

I know i know guys, my point was that the fact they called it "Special Edition" and not just "Remastered" makes me hope we'll see some more content

Best scenario--->Remaster and a couple of new mods with unlockable weapons for each one.Vergil's little side story a la DmC Downfall
Capcom scenario--->Remaster and Vergil skin for Dante

Top Bottom