• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want crossplay on PS4? Make your voices be heard.

KaoteK

ITT a lot of Americans that have never had to deal with the small player pools of countries that aren't the US. Just because there are enough players where you are doesn't make it so for the rest of the world on the platform, including PS4. As an Australian I'm sick of games dying super quick, especially less popular game modes.

Cross play means a bigger player pool, meaning better skill matching, shorter matchmaking times and better connections. Think outside your little bubble.

As someone who is a not American, thank you.

Gleethor

There's really no downside. Smaller, less popular games will really benefit from being able to cast a wider net for their player pools.

gtj1092

Sony isn't some fragile glass tower we all have to protect.

Seems most of your posts in this thread reflect a hatred for Sony before any of this became an issue and this is your proxy to shit on them and their "fanboys".

Also your examples of benefits only apply to Minecraft and MMOs which already got their own servers and accounts and Sony allows. So you paint a picture that won't reflect of what cross play currently entails which is just a larger player pool.

Any way if people want cross play good for them. Doesn't hurt me so go for it. I don't play online much except for the occasional SFV match so this doesn't affect me.

Do have issue with claiming it's anti consumer though. Following the logic in this thread having exclusive games is anti consumer as well since you aren't allowed to play a game simply because you bought the wrong console.

Rmagnus

Banned
Seems most of your post in this thread reflect a hatred for Sony before any of this became an issue and this is your proxy to shit on them and their "fanboys".

Any way if people want cross play good for them. I don't play online much except for the occasional SFV match so this doesn't affect.

Do have issue with claiming it's anti consumer though. Following the logic in this thread having exclusive games is anti consumer as well since you aren't allowed to play a game simply because you bought the wrong console.

No your so called logic fails on so many level. Maybe take a step back from trying to be a sheild for a cooperation and think for a bit

No thanks. I didn't see the point.

Is not like you can talk to the people you could be playing with in this scenario.

And well the last time I played anything with xbox players I got told how fast my dad was and that my mother was a whore. So yeah no thanks I would rather be protected from that childish bullshit.

And the final point. Everyone I know owns a ps4 there's a single person in my office that owns an xbox one so it would be absolutely useless to me.

As I stated earlier on in the thread, in the first game I ever played online on PlayStation, I got called a sand nigger. And I didn't even say anything; somebody just looked at my NAME and said "you sound like a sand nigger!"

It's close minded and baseless to judge an entire online user base off of typical or routine experiences

Honestly don't care.

Next thing people would want Sony to cross play with MS for Monster Hunter in which will most likely be a 85/15 split.....Why would Sony help MS? lol

I know right lol. Why would people want to be able to play with other consoles especially on a gaming board like gaf. Why would anyone want to play with 100% of the userbase instead of 60% ?

I swear, some people here care more about Sony tha their own interests.

Rua

I don't care enough to complain to them about it honestly.

If PC/Xbox/Switch crossplay becomes the norm, then I'll just buy multiplayer games on PC now that a larger playerbase will likely be available to me there. Had only been buying them on PS4 because of the larger playerbase in the first place.

Also not having to pay for online is a plus.

gtj1092

No your so called logic fails on so many level. Maybe take a step back from trying to be a sheild for a cooperation and think for a bit

How does it fail? I have no problem with cross play. People not getting what they want isn't anti consumer. Anti consumer has lost all meaning and is simply a buzz term to mean thing I don't like.

Is not like you can talk to the people you could be playing with in this scenario.

And well the last time I played anything with xbox players I got told how fast my dad was and that my mother was a whore. So yeah no thanks I would rather be protected from that childish bullshit.

And the final point. Everyone I know owns a ps4 there's a single person in my office that owns an xbox one so it would be absolutely useless to me.

lol, yes, because immature bigots ONLY game on xbox live.

#oksure

How does it fail? I have no problem with cross play. People not getting what they want isn't anti consumer. Anti consumer has lost all meaning and is simply a buzz term to mean thing I don't like.

this is true.

not sure i've seen a single example of this term being thrown around here correctly.

Honestly, anyone against this is not a gamer or doesn't care about this Industry​ or is a straight up fanboy who started gaming this generation. It's hard to believe there are folks making excuses why this shouldn't happen after everything has been super clarified how easy and beneficial this is. Straight up, you are what's wrong with the gaming community, thinking about numbers that you have no merit or stake on.

It is what it is, you can stay on your high horse.

Rmagnus

Banned

What you said is Following the logic in this thread having exclusive games is anti consumer as well since you aren't allowed to play a game simply because you bought the wrong console.

And not cross play is not anti consumer.

So when all 3 platforms allows and wants to have cross play and 1 doesn't dispite it meaning the gamers on PS4 gets an inferior Minecraft game. Sony actively prevents all gamers from playing together because of the children is that not anti consumerism?

Anti-consumerism is concerned with the private actions of business corporations in pursuit of financial and economic goals at the expense of the public welfare

So preventing cross play is not that?

Caayn

I'm surprised to so many people against this. Throwing around bullet points that, you as a consumer, shouldn't give a crap about unless you own Sony stock.
Because racism and verbal violence is exclusive to XBL. Gotta keep PSN clean.

BigEmil

I know right lol. Why would people want to be able to play with other consoles especially on a gaming board like gaf. Why would anyone want to play with 100% of the userbase instead of 60% ?

You can't play with others on gaf since you can't invite the people on the other platform to your party just random matchmaking

Crayon

Only seems to be a few people actively against it. There's a defense force for everything you know. Shouldn't be a big surprise.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Personally dont care.. at all!
I dont even care that PSN is a lower quality network cause i dont ever play online or multiplayer modes.

But i do think Sony should give it a change and offer their players this feature.

Toe-Knee

As I stated earlier on in the thread, in the first game I ever played online on PlayStation, I got called a sand nigger. And I didn't even say anything; somebody just looked at my NAME and said "you sound like a sand nigger!"

It's close minded and baseless to judge an entire online user base off of typical or routine experiences

Sure I get you but this happened constantly over months while playing gears of war and in the end I just gave up and sold it.

To your point there are bad ones everywhere but at least on ps4 nobody uses a mic haha.

BADMAN

OK, so dont most console sales get registered for big third party titles? So then it just comes down to who has the most powerful machine every generation? Im not getting this at all from a business perspective.

Wouldnt this just to lead console manufacturers trying to one up each other all the time with costly hardware at a very frequent rate?

Im not against crossplay by the way, im just trying to see why MS and Sony would implement this fully across alll titles? (is nintendo really in this conversation given the difference in titles outside of RL and minecraft?)

Consoles are already starting to hit a wall in terms of establishing a difference between themselves or even PCs. For the console market to progress they'll need to one up each ways that aren't just stronger hardware or they may lose the race to a theoretical "perfect" Steambox. Nintendo has been trying to make different console experiences since the N64 with varying degrees of success because they figure that a console has to be more than just the games that it features.

Anyway the future of consoles is a bit off topic. To bring it back to crossplay, Sony should consider this as a step towards an inevitable future. If Switch and Xbox play both together and with PCs then Sony will be the odd man out in the future. When the next generation of consoles roll around they won't want to be lacking a feature that makes them look weak sort of in the same way Xbox couldn't play used games. This is relying on a lot of assumptions though so ignore this post :)

Macrotus

I doubt they would listen. If they do, we would have had EA Access already.

They'll probably start listening when they start losing their user base to XBO.
But it'll be too late by then.

When the next generation of consoles roll around they won't want to be lacking a feature that makes them look weak sort of in the same way Xbox couldn't play used games.
^This
Sony has already started f*cking up there next-gen console (if there is one). Its not too late yet, but it will be if they don't listen. Just like how MS lost their 360 user base to PS4 because of their f*ck up.

Honestly, anyone against this is not a gamer or doesn't care about this Industry​ or is a straight up fanboy who started gaming this generation because it's hard to believe folks making excuses why this shouldn't happen after everything has been super clarified how easy and beneficial this is. Straight up, you are what's wrong with the gaming community, thinking about numbers that you have no merit or stake on.

It is what it is, you can stay on your high horse.

Posts like this, and many, many more in this topic, are why this "movement" is not catching on. So many people here that want crossplay are arrogant, condescending asses that can't grasp that this isn't an issue for most people. You all aren't convincing anyone with the moral superiority stance.

A topic which so many people are divisive or apathetic to doesn't gain followers by insulting them.

yeah, like that's some sort of XBOX Live exclusive, right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1149576&page=1

Last night my wife was playing a multiplayer game (Blops3 zombies) by herself and had to say those exact words in the title, not just once, but multiple times until she was harassed to the point that she just turned off her PS4 in anger. I asked her why she didn't just leave? She said that she didn't think she should have to, especially when she was close to breaking her wave record in that match.

The night before we were playing the same game together and she was explaining how to get the pack a punch open when some fuckwad told her to "Shut up you stupid bitch" for no other reason than she was a girl playing a game and knew what she was talking about. If that person had been in the room with us, I would be posting this from prison.

Then there are the countless friend requests and messages that are either outright harassment or terrible attempts at pick up lines. How fucking pathetic are you tools?
She routinely gets happy messages like:

"Go back to the kitchen whore."

"I'm gonna cum in your ass."

"Friend me. Unless you are fat and ugly."

You can't play with others on gaf since you can't invite the people on the other platform to your party just random matchmaking

You can't yet, because crossplay is done in a way where it cant exclude one platform. Baby steps, but it seems one doesnt want to play.

KOHIPEET

I find it a bit stinky to have Ryan in the ot, it's like he's responsible for these decisions all alone, while he clearly isn't.

Upinsmoke

No, it doesn't concern me. Most of my friends play on PS4 and I don't play the games mentioned for cross play very often.

In short it's a non issue for me.

Another cool feature would be instead of buying the same system twice, you can own another console. One person could be playing on Switch and the other on PS4 in the same home. No split-screen needed! This would be great for siblings or couples who can play exclusives on both and also play together!

TsuWave

wait you guys want this system wide? not just for rocket league and minecraft?

this is never gonna happen then. won't that affect sony's pockets? if people can play all multiplatform multiplayer games with ppl with a different system that's less a reason to grab a playstation no? sony is still a business, i don't see them going for this at all

wait you guys want this system wide? not just for rocket league and minecraft?

this is never gonna happen then. won't that affect sony's pockets? if people can play all multiplatform multiplayer games with ppl with a different system that's less a reason to grab a playstation no? sony is still a business, i don't see them going for this at all

is Playstation in such a badly situation (saleswise) they need to ransom their own customers, and potential ones, in their own network infrastructure while the competitors are opening their between them?

interesting

Dabanton

They absolutely do. Twisted isn't it?

Of course they feign a disingenuous don't care either way attitude. Multiple posts of that flavour in this thread.

It seems like their whole identity is tied to their console of choice. This is a win for third party games especially smaller ones where a bigger user base would be welcomed.

Caayn

The first two points are already supported by Sony. The crossplay support they now have is with PC, adding consoles/mobiles devices into won't make that worse than what PC has to offer.

The last point. Bugs and glitches will happen regardless of playing with other platforms. And just because they happen doesn't mean that people can always actively exploit them.

Current crossplay titles on Xbox allow you to toggle crossplay on and off if you so desire.

mrg6290

Signed the petition. Really hope this catches on. Would be amazing if online games became true services and were not divided across platform. I'm surprised publishers haven't actually pushed for this long ago. Seems like it would be a win for them to have a single service and one large player base instead of maintaining several separate services.

Jimmy_liv

I don't care about cross play normally but I do care about playing with the dedicated servers for minecraft and I do care about the features missing from the PS4 Fallout 4 mods which is basically the same reasoning.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
This is definitely the right time to be raising this. With E3 on there's still a chance we can get more people to ask them directly about it again.

Sure I get you but this happened constantly over months while playing gears of war and in the end I just gave up and sold it.
if you get me then why did you imply that those types of insolent fools are only on xbox?
To your point there are bad ones everywhere but at least on ps4 nobody uses a mic haha.
i don't know if i wasn't clear but the vile person who made the racist remark to me had a mic. he said everything out loud, it was really disheartening

TsuWave

is Playstation in such a badly situation (saleswise) they need to ransom their own customers, and potential ones, in their own network infrastructure while the competitors are opening their between them?

interesting

i don't know what's "interesting" about my post. i merely said i don't see them going for this because its less a reason for someone to buy their system and they are still a business. like if you understand businesses you know people don't only want to make money when/if they "are in such a badly situation sales wise"

i don't feel ransomed or whatever hence i don't care about this, i'm good. i was just surprised because i thought this campaign was for these specific titles, rocket league and minecraft, but a few posts here made it seem as if they want it system wide and that just seemed unrealistic for me

good luck

Nanashrew

Banned
I mean, I get some might have issues with PC and even talk about cheaters and mods. PC is highly unregulated. But consoles are very regulated so I don't even see the issue with wanting to crossplay with other consoles.

nekkid

I mean, I get some might have issues with PC and even talk about cheaters and mods. PC is highly unregulated. But consoles are very regulated so I don't even see the issue with wanting to crossplay with other consoles.

And yet the PC is the example Sony give when they say how "open" they are to it.

How would it work between PS4 and Xbox on bigger third party games, is every dev going to have to build something to allow players to speak to each other like is it on PSN or XBL are we expecting Sony and MS to build cross console chat or party invites?

Minecraft it would work because Microsoft is forcing you to use xbox live. Rocket League they host their own dedicated servers and you can't yet make friend invites cross platform if I remember correct. Just not sure how this would work with bigger third party games, I just don't see it happening, is Microsoft thinking they are going to swoop in with their Azur servers and everything will run on XBL?

Not particularly bothered about this tbh but it would be awesome to have crossplay for RL at least.
Ya'll keep fighting the good fight (although I don't ever envision system wide 3rd party cross play).

And yet the PC is the example Sony give when they say how "open" they are to it.

Yeah and the kids excuse was lame by Sony lol.
Honestly they just want to keep their massive install base together and not give up a USP.

My hashtag suggestion is #unitetheplayers

Anyways, I had this in the big general thread, but is there anyone here fluent in Japanese? I sent this through google translate to send to @yosp but I'm sure it's terribly mangled. Would anyone care to fix it?

吉田様、読んでいただきありがとうございます。プレイステーションでやってくれた素晴らしい仕事に感謝します。(1/5)

私は長い間PSシステムを愛していましたが、私はMinecraftやRocket Leagueのようなタイトルでクロスプラットフォームのプレイをブロックするという決定に失望を表明する必要があります。(2/5)

これらはビジネス上の意思決定ではありませんが、私はおそらく知ることができません。ゲームプレイヤーとしては、私は今より少ないゲームを手に入れており、それは私を失望させます。(3/5)

私はソニーに再度検討を促すでしょう。ソニーは#4のプレイヤーであり、多くの人が彼らを見ることができて喜んでいるでしょう。#unitetheplayers (4/5)

あなたの時間をありがとう、私はGoogleがこれをあまりにもひどく食べなかったことを願っています。(5/5)

Ferr986

Posts like this, and many, many more in this topic, are why this "movement" is not catching on. So many people here that want crossplay are arrogant, condescending asses that can't grasp that this isn't an issue for most people. You all aren't convincing anyone with the moral superiority stance.

A topic which so many people are divisive or apathetic to doesn't gain followers by insulting them.

The only arrogant people here is the "fuck you I got mine" guys defending Sony herejust because is Sony.

nekkid

My hashtag suggestion is #unitetheplayers

Anyways, I had this in the big general thread, but is there anyone here fluent in Japanese? I sent this through google translate to send to @yosp but I'm sure it's terribly mangled. Would anyone care to fix it?

Just do it in English.

Toe-Knee

if you get me then why did you imply that those types of insolent fools are only on xbox?
i don't know if i wasn't clear but the vile person who made the racist remark to me had a mic. he said everything out loud, it was really disheartening

It is awful and this is one of the reasons I am against it. Why add more people into the pool that could be potentially abusive.

With regards to implying it's only on xbox that is the only place that I have experienced it.

The friend who was trying to get me into the ecosystem said that was the norm and that it was all in good fun and a bit of banter.

But to your point they are everywhere.

I don't really play mp games much anymore beyond uncharted 4 and the last of us so I guess I just haven't bumped into it.

The first two points are already supported by Sony.
I'm not clear on what you mean by "supported"? Are you saying that Sony think that another platform having an advantage over theirs, or ruining the experience on theirs, is acceptable? Or do you mean that they support the notions I've raised and are against crossplay on that basis? Or do you mean that for some games they've been indifferent to those points?

The last point. Bugs and glitches will happen regardless of playing with other platforms.
The difference being that a platform-wide specific bug affects everyone on the platform equally, so nobody is disadvantaged... unless there is crossplay, in which case everyone on that platform will be disadvantaged vs other platforms. In competitive online offerings like Battlefield/Battlefront/COD/etc that would be the kiss of death for a platform.

Ethelwulf

I personally don't see why this is good for me as a console gamer. Is not like my gaming will get any better. But, sure. If this is what people want then I support it!

Chauzu

What I don't understand about people not caring because crossplay has been poorly implemented so far... Maybe it has something to do with crossplay being held back!? Why would you assume opening the floodgates wouldn't lead to better crossplay? In 10 years I imagine you can play the new CoD with any system, with fully integrated voice chat and lobbies, and the only company holding this future back is Sony right now.

Nanashrew

Banned
Yeah, crossplay is still in its infancy. If there are more people on board and willingly allow some devs to do this, and heck, maybe the big 3 could even help out, it can greatly improve.

Rmagnus

Banned
Yeah, crossplay is still in its infancy. If there are more people on board and willingly allow some devs to do this, and heck, maybe the big 3 could even help out, it can greatly improve.

2 of the 3 are already helping out but hey let's make Sony great again and build that wall!

Top Bottom