• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump is the first Republican Candidate to openly exploit the LGBTQ community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Trump literally saying "I have a gay friend" on stage is not really "openly supporting the LGBTQ" community. In the slightest.

Look at this fucking VP, ffs. Look at his plans to overturn gay marriage case so it's up to the state. He isn't supporting shit.

Next there will be a thread " Trump is the most pro-black GOP president ever because he said "Look at my african american over there".

How does this work when Pence is his VP?

???

?????

Republican Presidential nominee Donald J. Trump made history Sunday and the political media barely noticed. Or maybe they did see it - but since it didn’t fit the narrative of what a Republican is supposed to look like they decided to ignore it.

Washington Times quality

Venture

The same Trump that said "Nobody has more respect for women than me."

I get that some may be looking for some kind of hope in all the darkness but this is absolutely meaningless.

Koomaster

As others have said, only have to look at his right hand man Pence to know who he associates with. But if you look on your left side you've also got Putin and the 'wonderful' life lgbt folks have in Russia. So yeah. He wants to say he's pro-lgbt, let him prove it in his actions and then I'll be man enough to say I was wrong about Trump. Till then I give him no benefit of the doubt on this issue.

It depends on how much Trump actually listens to Pence; from what I understand, Trump doesn't let other people sway his convictions. He and Pence weren't even speaking with each other by the end of the race. I don't think Pence will actually have much sway.

But didn't Pence only accept the position cause it was understood he would handle all foreign and domestic issues while Trump was busy "making America great again"?

Gragen

I seriously fucking doubt Trump will let Pence handle anything remotely close to important. I'm not even sure he's the one that picked the guy to be his VP, I would bet someone he trusts told him to.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but I think for what we got now, this is good.

But didn't Pence only accept the position cause it was understood he would handle all foreign and domestic issues while Trump was busy "making America reat again"?

No, that was offered to Kasich.

Trump doesn't like Pence. Trump never even wanted Pence. He wanted Newt as his VP, but Manafort convinced him otherwise.

Alucrid

Banned
I seriously fucking doubt Trump will let Pence handle anything remotely close to important. I'm not even sure he's the one that picked the guy to be his VP, I would bet someone he trusts told him to.

I'm not a Trump supporter by any means but I think for what we got now, this is good.

Donald Trump Jr. tried to get Kaisch on the ticket by saying he would be the most powerful VP ever - in charge of both domestic and foreign policy. Do you really think that has changed and Donald Trump has become some sort of policy savant?

But didn't Pence only accept the position cause it was understood he would handle all foreign and domestic issues while Trump was busy "making America reat again"?

No, that was the offer made to Kasich. I mean it's not unsafe to assume Pence might have gotten a similar speech, but the story you are referring to was about him trying to recruit Kasich as his VP.

Codeblue

I know he said he wanted to bring back stop and frisk, but look at this:

GiEtXRp.jpg

He clearly loves black people.

No, that was offered to Kasich.

Trump doesn't like Pence. Trump never even wanted Pence. He wanted Newt as his VP, but Manafort convinced him otherwise.

No, that was the offer made to Kasich. I mean it's not unsafe to assume Pence might have gotten a similar speech, but the story you are referring to was about him trying to recruit Kasich as his VP.

Well in that case, LOL. Gonna be hilarious having a president and vice president who hate each others guts.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I remember his speech after the Orlando attacks, saying he would "defend the LGBTQ* from hostile foreigners" and whatnot. Then after the crowd cheered he said something like, "it makes me so happy to hear you cheer, really it does". It was... weird, almost out of character.

So what does it mean? Is Trump secretly pro-LGBTQ for real, despite Pence being his VP? I honestly doubt it, but at the same time, he really didn't have to pander to the LGBTQ community to earn votes either, he calls Mexicans rapists and gets away with it, I'm sure gay-bashing would not have lost him any votes either, so it's weird that he went out of his way to say that.

And yes there is a great irony in him saying he'll defend LGBTQ from "foreign" hostiles. What about domestic ones, like your own fucking running mate huh? It just doesn't add up and anyone would be a fool to take him at face value here. Buuuuut I suppose there is the faint possibility that he secretly hates Pence and is somehow secretly pro-LGBTQ. We can only hope, at this point, I guess. :\

* He seemed so proud of himself for having said the "Q", too! It was almost adorable how he struggled with the acronym. Almost, if it hadn't rang so damn false.

faisal233

https://www.gop.com/platform/renewing-american-values/

we do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reversal, whether through judicial reconsideration or a constitutional amendment returning control over marriage to the states. We oppose government discrimination against businesses or entities which decline to sell items or services to individuals for activities that go against their religious views about such activities.

Gragen

Donald Trump Jr. tried to get Kaisch on the ticket by saying he would be the most powerful VP ever - in charge of both domestic and foreign policy. Do you really think that has changed and Donald Trump has become some sort of policy savant?

Nope, I just don't see trump as the type of guy to not be in control of something. Just as this list of shit in his first 100 days in office has popped up, it shows he wants to do things he wants, not the wants of his party or the people he wants to unify. I seriously don't think Pences opinion any thing trump wants matters to him.

faisal233

Nope, I just don't see trump as the type of guy to not be in control of something. Just as this list of shit in his first 100 days in office has popped up, it shows he wants to do things he wants, not the wants of his party or the people he wants to unify. I seriously don't think Pences opinion any thing trump wants matters to him.

Kaisch was smart enough not to fall for Trump's bullshit. Pence really thinks he's gonna be Cheney 2.0. LOL.

You got played.

Alucrid

Banned

They took away his twitter. They can do anything.

Trump and Putin are similar in that they might have little problems working with lgbt members of their respective communities, and they also have no problem throwing LGBT members of their populace to the wolves for political expediency.

hao chi

All holding up that flag tells me it's he pro receiving support from the LGBT community. We'll see if he actually gives a fuck about them, and I doubt we'll be pleased with the answer.

fixedpoint

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/2/donald-trump-holds-high-flag-gay-equality/

More at the link.

I've never been a Trump supporter at any point, but he's our president now, and that's that. That being said, the fact that a Republican president is now showing support for the LGBTQ community is huge, no? Possibly meaningless, I mean hey, Mike Pence is his running-mate. Frankly I don't know how seriously I'm willing to take this, but the fact still stands: No Republican candidate has shown support for their group like this. Whether he acts on it or it's all talk is yet to be seen. I hope so, but perhaps my optimism should be curbed.
Probably, and Pence is a monster. The "Washington Times" is a conservative cesspool as well.

Hiltz

Trump's just basking in the glory of being the next President, nothing more. He's doing what he's doing because he knows he can get away with it. Everything he's said about what he'd do as President has pointed to wanting to support anti-LGBT policies, and the fact that Mike Pence is his VP is only further proof of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom