• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D coming on May 24 (Euro)

Been playing this on Wii and it's a perfect candidate for 3ds. Almost seems designed for it. There is so much going on with things falling toward the screen, tons of parallax, and gameplay taking place on multiple planes of the z-axis. This should be fantastic!

ROCK ON

Christ, next few weeks:
- Luigi/Monster Hunter

April:
- Fire Emblem

May:
DK, DONKY KONG!

I mean... it's just a port. Haven't most of us played it on Wii already? I played it in November 2010, don't really see any reason why I should pay $40 to play it again on a handheld. Must be for people who missed it on Wii the first time around.

Well shit Nintendo!

I guess you just want me to keep on buying games huh?

FINE! I'LL BUY YOUR GAMES!

BUT I WON'T LIKE IT!

I'll love it. Every second of it.

Edit: Wait, I'm an idiot, this is for Europe? D:

I mean, good for Europe and all

but D:

The US Nintendo Facebook account is now saying May 24th.

Well this is awesome! Guess I'll just be spending more money!

is this a port or a new game?

i loved DKCR so damn much on the wii. a new one for the wii u would make that console an instant buy for me.

GRW810

Had there been any info regarding 3DS features fir the port, like StreetPass? I imagine swapping the time trial scores (and maybe racing against someone's ghost) would be bare minimum requirement.

If the game had new levels only available by swapping via StreePass (think Shinobi and Sonic Generations dud it) I'd shell out again. Straight port and it's a no, though I understand why it is coming to 3DS and possibly a new audience.

rjc571

Banned
I mean... it's just a port. Haven't most of us played it on Wii already? I played it in November 2010, don't really see any reason why I should pay $40 to play it again on a handheld. Must be for people who missed it on Wii the first time around.

I'd gladly pay $40 to play one of the greatest platformers of all time on a handheld, in stereoscopic 3D, as long as they didn't have to make any compromises regarding the framerate (which they almost surely did).

Ridley327

A Friday release in the US? It's been a while since they've had one of those. I wonder if they're putting out a bundle to go along with it.

Katzii

Now I know what I'm asking for on my birthday in June. Luigi's Mansion and Lego City at the end of this month (along with my considerable backlog) will keep me entertained in the meantime... But Animal Crossing is a release day purchase for me.

Surprised myself that this is coming so soon, but quite pleased!

goldenpp72

While I wish this was an original game, at least it has the potential to be superior to the Wii game. Have they confirmed co op play? Also, why do people complain about it being a port, Nintendo has done ports to their portables an infinite amount of times in the passed, and often times with inferior results. Nothing new and it's not a big deal.

602089_459730890765574_2139400042_n.jpg

This image raises an important question: can we teach gorillas to play video games?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Love this game, but after doing the video guide and review for GameXplain, which required 100%-ing it and beating it countless times, I'm not sure I can justify jumping in again. Having it on the go does sound appealing, though. Also, I do love me some Monster Games. Maybe once I get an XL...

TEJ

It's a port that could get rid of one of the most crippling flaws of the game. Shaking the wiimote to do moves ruined the flow of the game, and didn't always work.

It's a great game that could become an excellent one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Love it!! This and Fire Emblem will be played A lot on my 3DS this summer.

serplux

I think it's better suited for a handheld. Plus no waggle. It's not day 1 for me, but it'll be within the first few.

Kerub

Banned
March
Castlevania
Monster Hunter 3
Luigi's Mansion 2
Harmoknight
Devil Survivor Overclocked

April
Fire Emblem

May
Donkey Kong Country Returns

June
Animal Crossing
Code of Princess

Plus, scribblenauts is still coming out in Euroland, right?

Fuck my wallet.

Remember when we complained about game drought?

Pikmin 3 was announced at E3 2008 to stop Nintendo fanboy wolves rip Cammie Dunnaway's throat out. It was probably a drawing on a napkin Miyamato used at dinner at that point.

Yes Boss!

Pleasantly surprised to see both this and Animal Crossing at a $35 price point at amazon. Is that a new level for Nintendo?

Top Bottom