• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't Be Afraid - Resident Evil X L'Arc-en-Ciel Crossover VR Music Video

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
https://youtu.be/-_5k0a0tkLY?t=3353

In something I don't think anyone could of called, a PSVR Music Video was announced that's a crossover between Resident Evil & one of the most popular bands in Japan, L'Arc-en-Ciel. There was a bit of a cruel REmake 2 tease as well, but it's definitely more aimed at fans of the band than of Resident Evil. This also might be slightly related to a stage play in the works, there was recently a surprisingly good "BIOHAZARD: The Play", which became a success and did well with critiques and fans, so they've been working on a sequel, "BIOHAZARD: The Musical", which I have a feeling might be how this odd crossover came into being.

If you want RE7 and other Resident Evil-related news, know that on Saturday (September 17th) at the actual TGS, there's an hour-and-a-half conference dedicated solely to Resident Evil that will be live-streamed, and over 45 minutes of that is solely dedicated to RE7. That will be happening at 4:25 - 6 AM PST / 7:25 - 9 AM EST this Saturday.

However, I think a topic to discuss this specifically is in due order.

No one would call it but how I must say I hated they focused on that

Its sort of like, wtf...... really starting to believe this game is going to end up bad.

Sesha

Capcom-related trivia: They did the JP theme song for DmC as well.

Maybe they've done more with Capcom, who knows. I know they've done way more video game promos.

L'arc is my favorite band of all time. They really seem to love capcom tho. This is like their 3rd time doing something with them.

Well this is a music video, not a game. If the music video will end up bad, to be seen?

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking while watching it.

I was trying to imagine if this were an american band who would be chosen to do it and was thinking how it wouldn't have helped me like it anymore.

Not saying it shouldn't be made or liked but I would have rather seen something else at that time and for RE. Sony says they are focusing on games but every time I turn around I don't believe it

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
img05.jpg
img06.jpg

Couple posters for it.

This band is way too old.
For them to still have anything to do with modern pop culture is insane

Heh. Yeah.

Love them thanks to FMA and later Gundam 00. Hadn't heard them for a while so it was cool hearing them return for the latest FMA movie a while back.

Deft Beck

Especially after their history with RE5, they reeeeeally shouldn't have used that middle term... It's probably safe to say that Capcom Japan didn't consult Capcom USA while doing any editing work on that video.

This video is primarily for Japanese audiences who will likely not notice anything racist about it that part. It's just a clunky pun.

raven777

I usually don't really care about these kind of collaborations, but being huge L'arc-en-ciel fan this is very interesting.

bethore

That RE2 tease during the conference really stung. This is two years in a row that Capcom just gave the finger to all gamers. Last year they did the history of RE which led up to the reveal of Umbrella Corps. This year they showed the history of RE again and delivered a VR music video.

Top Bottom