• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM – Launch Trailer

Ditto, going on vacation. The vacation will be appreciated regardless of course, but I'm sad I'll be receiving it while I'm out.

Yeah, same sorta idea here. Busy, but with good things. Friday after work and Saturday I am spending with my girlfriend, Sunday I am spending with my best friend, and Monday I am working.

Just grumbling because I can't have my cake and eat it too, but really I'm going to be having a good time anyway. Just not with Doom until later.

lcap

There is an option at the main menu with the levels. I'll try at night with some pictures

Trophy hunters!!! The not secret trophies are easy!!! I hope they don't screw with something like complete the game without dying on Nightmare - Extreme hidden trophy....

My PSN ID is Jakartalado if you want to check it out!!!

Can you confirm if the brazilian version has the awesome reversible cover?

So for someone who really dug The New Order and The Old Blood, and who occasionally goes back to play Doom and Brutal Doom, would you folks who have played the SP mode recommend this?

I actually REALLY like that trailer. That said, I have too many games on my docket to play this at launch. I'll wait a while.

Same. This looks really fun, but my next few weeks are going to be packed full of Uncharted 4, Fallout 4: Far Harbor, Overwatch, and Witcher III: Blood & Wine.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Can't wait for the weekend. Doom might be the one game that rips me away from the Dark Souls universe.

xVodevil

Uh-oh... I accidentally changed my mind, and ready for day1. Only for SP though, so I really hope, this was not a mistake.

Can you confirm if the brazilian version has the awesome reversible cover?

Wow.... Thank you!!!! I didn't see that!!!

dsc_0926xhb1v.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Who has the cheapest version on PC? I'm going to buy this tonight.

Whoops. Just answered my own question. $45.00 on GMG and the only thing different is getting Doom 3 BFG rather than The Old Blood.

Momentary

Banned

LOL that's hilarious. I just had someone try to break into my account yesterday from the U.A.E. If it wasn't for that annoying phone key thing I set up, they would have messed me up.

Nah. I'm for real good now.

Edit: one probably has nothing to do with the other, but I just found it funny.

oh I agree, I'm playing brutal doom right now.
I just don't think it was waves in d3, I know d3 plays a lot different than 1 and 2, but the suddenly appearing enemies (I don't think it matters much if they are teleported in or a wall comes down and releases them) are not something that was new to d3.

empty rooms and arena gameplay with waves however will be something new and I probably wont like it

I think the biggest difference is that in Doom 1&2, when a wall comes down it feels like a trap, whereas in Doom 3, when an enemy spawns in it feels like a wave. It's a small difference sure, but one that I think has a bigger impact on the player than one would realize.

The new Doom seems a combination of the two so far from what I've seen. Only a few more days.

I loved Doom 1 & 2 but found Doom 3 to be pretty underwhelming. If my sentiment happens to be widespread, has Bethesda taken note of this? I've been in the dark on this game and have only begun taking notice as the promos have begun to ramp up. I just want ridiculous hordes of imps and zombies to slaughter like in Doom 2. Doom 3 didn't have any of that. You had enemies coming at you in dribs and drabs. And the way they forced the player to have to choose between being armed and being equipped with a flashlight was a mindboggling decision on the part of the developers. What were they thinking?

I loved Doom 1 & 2 but found Doom 3 to be pretty underwhelming. If my sentiment happens to be widespread, has Bethesda taken note of this? I've been in the dark on this game and have only begun taking notice as the promos have begun to ramp up. I just want ridiculous hordes of imps and zombies to slaughter like in Doom 2. Doom 3 didn't have any of that. You had enemies coming at you in dribs and drabs. And the way they forced the player to have to choose between being armed and being equipped with a flashlight was a mindboggling decision on the part of the developers. What were they thinking?

id is developing this game not bethesda. They are the publisher.

Is the Demon Multiplayer Pack an actual pre-order bonus, or is it going to be one of those things that's packed in with all the first pressings of the game?

I had this in-hand and ready to checkout at Best Buy today, then I was told it was a "new employee error" that the game made it onto the sales floor.

Store manager was in total freakout mode.

Already have it pre-loaded on Xbox One anyways. Just a couple more days...

ChronoX

I have a couple questions.

1. Does anyone know if the pre-order bonuses will be purchasable separately afterwards?

2. Does anyone know if ordering a retail PC version from Amazon will negate my need to download 50 GB of the game's data on Steam? Basically will be data on the disc be all or most of what I need? I'd prefer to get the retail version for the artwork but I'd also like the ability to play it on day one. I currently have slow internet so downloading 50 Gb will take up my entire weekend which is the only time I'll have this week to play it.

Thanks.

So are people getting this on XBox One vs PS4 vs PC? Thinking about where the most MP opportunity will be.

I really wouldn't get my hopes up about the MP if I were you

there's already plenty of multiplayer shooters on all current-gen consoles though, just get this for the campaign

Top Bottom