• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GVA1987

HNNNGGGG OMG I am already so excited for this game and these early reviews are supporting my decision to dive into a collector's edition.

Thank you based Eurogamer for actually pointing out some problems with the game. Collect ten bear asses is never fun, it's just filler content.

This could be a non-issue to me if the game provides enough compelling quests.

To be fair, Origins was chock-full of these too (Chanter board, Blackstone Irregulars, Mage underground,etc). But it had so many other good sidequests that you barely noticed the collectathons unless you needed to grind out a level or two.

Enjoyed DA1 but did not finish it (ran meh on PS3 and didnt have time to invest in RPG)

Skipped DA2

But I'm tempted now. going to wait on GAF impressions though

tmespe

Reviewers should really start telling which difficulty they're playing at. Complaining at easy combat without stating the difficulty is ridiculous.

The Polygon review.. he says it was mostly on PS4 that he played, but because of the issues he encountered (some PSN 2.0 related and some others as well) he was going to withhold his score.

Then he gave it a 9.5.. is that an Xbox One/PC score then ? Does the X1/PC versions not have the same bugs ?

Anyone make sense of that?

Ploid 3.0

DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED, AND I STILL WANT MORE

JEBUS.

Looks like the rpg of my dreams will be released in a week. I'm still playing ffxii after all these years, and find DA2's gambit/tactical system to be a major step up from ffxii's gambits to the point it makes me sad that there is nothing I can do about it in ffxii.

I love party games, leveling new classes in rpgs, and open world games. My goodness, the only bad thing I foresee is the lack of mod support for this thing :(

The Polygon review.. he says it was mostly on PS4 that he played, but because of the issues he encountered (some PSN 2.0 related and some others as well) he was going to withhold his score.

Then he gave it a 9.5.. is that an Xbox One/PC score then ? Does the X1/PC versions not have the same bugs ?

There were some PS firmware issues but those have apparently been resolved.

Renekton

It's a PS4-specific thing.

Sony is rolling out patch 2.02 to address this.

Ive never played the others but have seen gameplay. First seems like a tactical RPG, second is action is this a mix of the two?

From the sounds of it, think of it like Dead Space or Mass Effect in terms of the progression in depth and action from 1, 2 and 3.

Assuming of course you play on PC, since the console versions are not as different.

MaddenNFL64

I believe the major guys all got Xbox One copies too.

Its great its reviewing so well, but so did Dragon Age 2.

I'm waiting for Gaf impressions

its+sad+but+true.gif

It used to be a point where Bioware just spun tales of gold. Now we gotta be a little more cautious.

Jira

Reviewers should really start telling which difficulty they're playing at. Complaining at easy combat without stating the difficulty is ridiculous.

Agreed. It's not uncommon for reviewers to play at the easiest difficulty since they're strapped for time and a game that demands at least 50 hours of their time and complaints about "lack of strategy" says to me that they did.

cluderi

HeavyBreathing.gif

Praise the jellymonster! Those reviews are what I wanted to see to keep my pre-order intact. I can't wait to start exploring that lovely big open world.

Chaos17

Wait some months for the real reviews/feebacks, imo.
DA 2 had also so really good feedback like Destiny before the backslash of the community months/weeks after the release.

Just saying that I already witnessed hyped reviews like this with Destiny last month.

yami4ct

They're all playing on Normal. I guarantee it.

Phil Kollar's review mentioned he played mostly on normal, but did switch to hard on some occasions. He also said that while normal is pretty easy, hard and nightmare basically require pausing and planning. All I needed to hear to now that I need to play on Hard or tougher.

ocean

Banned

Xbox One got 9.5. If the patch fixes all the Playstation specific bugs before launch I'd assume it'll get the same score.

Wait some months for the real reviews/feebacks, imo.
DA 2 had also so really good feedback like Destiny before the backslash of the community months/weeks after the release.

Just saying that I already witnessed hyped reviews like this with Destiny last month.

Destiny was under embargo until release day, and was critically panned from day 1 by a ton of people. This isn't even close to the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom