• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

Hyped as I am for one of the upcoming spoilered episodes,
I don't think Krillin is going to get a power up. My Japanese isn't anywhere good enough to discern that, but apparently https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/878354846839001089 the title indicates more like stepping up to the plate and getting shit done than a power up. Fingers crossed that it's an actual power up though.

May I know why it matters if it's a power up or not if he does good ?

Hyped as I am for one of the upcoming spoilered episodes,
I don't think Krillin is going to get a power up. My Japanese isn't anywhere good enough to discern that, but apparently https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/878354846839001089 the title indicates more like stepping up to the plate and getting shit done than a power up. Fingers crossed that it's an actual power up though.

I feel like that's a weird thing to mix up with "unleashing latent potential"

Skeeter49

My issue with the TFS episode is Cell being happy about Goku killing both of them with the warped Kamehameha.

That seemed oddly placed. It wasn't earned based off what we've seen of TFS's Cell character.

Skeeter49

Krillin shaved his hair so when he goes Super Human he grows it back, the forshadowing was there all along people.

Hilariously this happened as a what-if in a DBZ game with Krillin replacing Gokus role in every arc.

Krillin shaved his head in Super because he learned he was a Saiyan when he turned SSJ. If he has no heair, no one will know he can turn SSJ.

Tsunamo

Krillin shaved his head in Super because he learned he was a Saiyan when he turned SSJ. If he has no heair, no one will know he can turn SSJ.
This is why he can standup to Goku Blue. It all makes sense now.
There are two shadow people behind Hit. Not sure why they are completely dark, but they're there.
Oh yeah good catch. Pretty difficult to see them. Might just be the shot, or they wanna keep it a suprise for tomorrow.

Anyone know if Dragon Garrow Lee is going to be publishing any more of his Super Vegeta Den story?

I have v1-4, but I know he's done more then that as I've seen scans online of stuff that isn't in the volumes.

Slaythe

Hence "about the same"....

We're talking about presence in the OP, a dedicated solo scene matters, it's not "about the same". If we're talking about screen time well duh, everybody's time is in seconds outside of Jiren Goku and possibly Vegeta. Going like this it's also "about the same" with Krilin and Gohan.

Yet it isn't because they also have dedicated solo scenes.

U11 squad on point. They got a digimon ffs.
DZw9zcY.jpg

I wonder what Charmander dude looks like when he's drawn better, his head is kinda messed up in that shot.
I imagine Jiren, Dyspo, Toppo and Kahseral are going to be the only important Pride Troopers though.

U11's girl is the only passable design of this universe.
I like the main four, gonna wait for better art on the new 6 before passing judgement.
I think Kahseral is a particularly great design, especially in his General oufit. Kind of a shame that he's not wearing it in the tournament.

NeonZ

Doesn't this kind of undermine his thing of "tactics bridging the power gap" if they just make him super strong now

After the Trunks arc, I wouldn't be surprised anymore by the themes of the story clashing with the actual story outline.

Botamo is back

or the Metal guy

one of those weren't known to be returning I think

Only Mageta is in the opening, but Botamo was shown when they talked about the teams and showed many silhouettes.

Zalman

I'm not really a fan of a big chunk of the character designs for this arc. I'd love to know which ones actually come from Toriyama (other than the gods of destruction). Caulifla is cool though.

NeonZ

I'm not really a fan of a big chunk of the character designs for this arc. I'd love to know which ones actually come from Toriyama (other than the gods of destruction). Caulifla is cool though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Caulifla so far and the others only had descriptions at best, if they weren't completely created by someone else. It'd be weird to avoid showing Toriyama's artwork for the one marketed as the main antagonist of the arc, for example. Then again, Toriyama seems to have designed the Babarians and Gowasu, and we never got his original artwork for them. On the other hand, considering how different anime and manga merged Zamasu look, it's pretty clear Toriyama only made a description for it and both Toyotaro and Yamamuro put it together in different ways.

I guess if Jiren really isn't a Toriyama design though, it suggests the tournament itself really won't be the end of this arc.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Caulifla so far and the others only had descriptions at best. It'd be weird to avoid showing Toriyama's artwork for the one marketed as the main antagonist of the arc, for example. Then again, Toriyama seems to have designed the Babarians and Gowasu, and we never got his original artwork for them. On the other hand, considering how different anime and manga merged Zamasu look, it's pretty clear Toriyama only made a description for it and both Toyotaro and Yamamuro put it together in different ways.

No, we've seen Toriyama's merged Zamasu design, the anime version is faithful to it while the manga is not. Grotesque Zamasu seems to have been a Toei original though.

At the very least I think Toriyama designed Jiren and Ribrianne.

CryptiK

Those preview shots look baaaad. I guess the good animation has to take breaks ever now and again. U6 is missing some, but we know one of the unrevealed is a
Yardrat
and the other is unknown.

Slaythe

Yeah not gonna lie 90% of the newcomers are dumpster fire.

I guess it makes U7 look that much more badass, and we might not regret most of them when they get obliterated.

NeonZ

No, we've seen Toriyama's merged Zamasu design, the anime version is faithful to it while the manga is not. Grotesque Zamasu seems to have been a Toei original though.

Huh, you're right. Due to the heavy shading, I thought the preview art for merged Zamasu was from Yamamuro, but it seems different from his character sheet, although the differences are very small (mostly a rounder face and a few different clothing lines and fingers), so it's probably Toriyama art.

CryptiK

Nah no way Toriyama did Jiren and Ribrianne neither fit his style.

Nah no way Toriyama did Jiren and Ribrianne neither fit his style.

Ribrianne 100% fits his style.
Jiren's muscle detail doesn't match Yamamuro or Toyotaro, but it is very similar to the way Toriyama detailed Goku and Vegeta's muscles in his F arc.
Yeah not gonna lie 90% of the newcomers are dumpster fire.

I guess it makes U7 look that much more badass, and we might not regret most of them when they get obliterated.

71bf4186f2fd86fe7990f814bb956dd6d77d68ee46e6de9d981f02268d87422f.jpg

I enjoy a lot of the new designs we've gotten this arc.

ElFly

Those preview shots look baaaad. I guess the good animation has to take breaks ever now and again. U6 is missing some, but we know one of the unrevealed is a
Yardrat
and the other is unknown.

here's hoping for a human

or maybe the ... boar? guy is a earth animal guy

some of those drawings are rough. in the frieza/frost one, frieza doesn't even have earholes?

NeonZ

I think there are two silhouettes behind Hit. One small with a round head and another taller one wearing a coat and with pointed ears. The smaller one is probably the Yardrat from the preview, and I guess the final U6 member might be a Namekian?

CryptiK

here's hoping for a human

or maybe the ... boar? guy is a earth animal guy

some of those drawings are rough. in the frieza/frost one, frieza doesn't even have earholes?

Well its the dude on the right that hasnt been revealed and he certainly doesnt look human.

Best part about Freeza in the group photo is that he is Drawn like Golden Freeza but coloured as 4th form Freeza.

Zolo

Unless they are old he hasnt. I guess the one new Angel can count I think he designed all those, but I highly doubt he designed most of these Fighters.
Not sure age is really relevant when Ribrianne comes off more as an alien creature than an old woman.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't designed most. Ribrianne fits his style though as far as being a parody character poking fun at magical girl/idol conventions like the Ginyu force made fun of Tokusentai conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom