• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT7| Please wait for Tien to be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamel

Banned
Even after turning into a SS at the threat of death to his home planet and family, Cabba got straight bitchmade by vegeta. Can't wait to see what he accomplishes this time.

Piers

Never quite understood why fansubs in general like to go HARDCORE with the insults thrown in these shows xD

Because their inner-teen (or literally are teens) think they can supplement serious and alarming characters/scenes with serious and alarming language.
But that's still okay compared to fansubs that would really love you all to spread the terms keikaku or nakama with your friends and at cons.

LOL!!!!! Who draw this?? Those bait thumbnails work though, look at the amount of audience it has already and there's hours left before the episode airs!

Probably the same assholes that put Super Saiyan Caulifla in the thumbnail for Ep. 91. (It was a preview for Ep. 92)

Skeeter49

Watched the Kai version of Gohan vs. Super Buu. It might be better than the original.

Buu seems a lot better in Kai, though his gimmick seems to be he yells a lot. I liked his crazy spikes in modd.

L Thammy

Cabba was also taught how to go Super Saiyan, tried to teach someone else, and failed because he wasn't able to replicate the lesson. His students then upstaged him by figuring it out by himself, and their Super Saiyan forms upstaged him because they were stronger than his; he even admitted that Caulifla could probably beat him. Then he gets upstaged again because his student goes Super Saiyan 2 before he does.

Cabba is like Future Trunks in that he lives to suffer. Except when Future Trunks was introduced, he was winning.

Zubz

Banned
You better give him an appropriate tag the second cabba jobs.

They can't be keeping him around just to consistently job. Cabba needs a win somewhere. I'm willing to say that he'll get one here, too (I think I've seen all the Cabba scenes at this point?). And I'm willing to risk this turning into a follow up to that Pokèmon thread where everyone who believed in Ash got derisive avatars to prove it.

HeroR

Cabba was also taught how to go Super Saiyan, tried to teach someone else, and failed because he wasn't able to replicate the lesson. His students then upstaged him by figuring it out by himself, and their Super Saiyan forms upstaged him because they were stronger than his; he even admitted that Caulifla could probably beat him. Then he gets upstaged again because his student goes Super Saiyan 2 before he does.

Cabba is like Future Trunks in that he lives to suffer. Except when Future Trunks was introduced, he was winning.

He didn't fail. He told Caulifla about about focusing her energy in her back to transformed, something that Vegeta didn't do. Caulifla didn't figure it out herself. If anything, this shows that he's a better teacher than Vegeta.

Seriously, this is revising history.

Skeeter49

We need Kale to get God ki, so we can have the title "Legendary Super Saiyan God: Legendary Super Saiyan" in future Xenoverse games.

L Thammy

He didn't fail. He told Caulifla about about focusing her energy in her back to transformed, something that Vegeta didn't do. Caulifla didn't figure it out herself. If anything, this shows that he's a better teacher than Vegeta.

Seriously, this is revising history.

She asked him for that specific information. She was the one who came up with the idea of skipping the initial step. His attempt to teach her was to say "you blockhead" and then give up when she was getting angry, even though the point of the exercise was to make Caulifla get angry.

You're comparing him to Vegeta, who came up with a plan to get Cabba to unlock Super Saiyan without help, executed it, and succeeded without issue.

What's worse is that Cabba failed at teaching anger to an irritable student, whereas Vegeta succeeded at teaching it to a painfully calm one. Before Cabba unlocked Super Saiyan he tried to forfeit the match.

Tsunamo

We need Kale to get God ki, so we can have the title "Legendary Super Saiyan God: Legendary Super Saiyan" in future Xenoverse games.
Then get her and Broly to fuse, then we'll have Kaoli, the ultimate fusion Legendary Super Saiyan God: Legendary Super Saiyan.

We need to go deeper

HeroR

She asked him for that specific information. She was the one who came up with the idea of skipping the initial step. His attempt to teach her was to say "you blockhead" and then give up when she was getting angry, even though the point of the exercise was to make Caulifla get angry.

You're comparing him to Vegeta, who came up with a plan to get Cabba to unlock Super Saiyan without help, executed it, and succeeded without issue.

What's worse is that Cabba failed at teaching anger to an irritable student, whereas Vegeta succeeded at teaching it to a painfully calm one. Before Cabba unlocked Super Saiyan he tried to forfeit the match.

That's because he was too nice to get her angry the way Vegeta did. Even then he was able breakdown how you transformed after the rage point. She may of had the ideas to skip step 1, but she only learned step 2 from Cabba who knew how step 2 worked.

Vegeta did the common 'make them angry'. Nothing special.

Cabba taught Caulifla Super Saiyan and he did it without the whole 'get anger thing'. And what does Cabba forfeiting have to do with Cabba teaching Super Saiyan?

Like I said, revising history.

L Thammy

That's because he was too nice to get her angry the way Vegeta did. Even then he was able breakdown how you transformed after the rage point. She may of had the ideas to skip step 1, but she only learned step 2 from Cabba who knew how step 2 worked.

Vegeta did the common 'make them angry'. Nothing special.

Cabba taught Caulifla Super Saiyan and he did it without the whole 'get anger thing'. And what does Cabba forfeiting have to do with Cabba teaching Super Saiyan?

Like I said, revising history.

Saying that he's too nice is an excuse. I'm not denying that he had the knowledge of how to become a Super Saiyan, I'm saying that he's incompetent. He wasn't able to use that knowledge to get Caulifla to turn into a Super Saiyan as he was trying to. Caulifla had to figure out a different method and use him as a knowledge base. His attempts to actively teach her failed through his own fault.

Look at the context of the statement. I'm evaluating the quality of their students there. Caulifla was getting angry easily as she needed to, but had her teacher give up. Then she took control of the situation herself and pulled the information she needed out. She's a good student and she wouldn't have unlocked the form otherwise. Cabba attempted to give up, and Vegeta had to deny him that in order to get him to unlock his Super Saiyan form. Vegeta had a harder situation to work with.

Skeeter49

Then get her and Broly to fuse, then we'll have Kaoli, the ultimate fusion Legendary Super Saiyan God: Legendary Super Saiyan.

We need to go deeper

Caulifla dies after Kaoli confesses their love to her, so we get Super Saiyan Sinner Kaoli, the ultimate fusion Legendary Super Saiyan God: Legendary Super Saiyan Sinner Super Saiyan.

J4g3r

Would Caulifla and Cabba be able to fuse?

53ef346458017da2062aca5c7955946b.svg

Morlas

it was pretty obvious that vegeta had the advantage over cabba in regular super saiyan form too, i mean he took a beating from him and was none the worse for wear and just brushed his big volley aside like nothing.

NeonZ

it was pretty obvious that vegeta had the advantage over cabba in regular super saiyan form too, i mean he took a beating from him and was none the worse for wear and just brushed his big volley aside like nothing.

Vegeta had beaten up him by quite a bit before he actually got to transform though. What Cabba did to him afterwards was nowhere near what he took in the first place.

To be fair guys, I could technically be right if Cabba goes super saiyan and Gohan just goes ultimate...

...Being technically right is the ultimate form of rightness.

DDFTBsh_UMAEUm_J0.jpg

Source.

Skeeter49

So far I'm disappointed in how they're handling Gohan as the team leader, which is a shame since him getting his fighting spirit back was done really well.

I really wish he was the one to choose Frieza as the 10th fighter.

So far nothing has come from him being the team leader, and it looks like that's going to be how it is throughout the ToP.

Skii

I'm really looking forward to how they execute a massive battle royale without diluting all the characters interaction and development. There's a lot to get through.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So far I'm disappointed in how they're handling Gohan as the team leader, which is a shame since him getting his fighting spirit back was done really well.

I really wish he was the one to choose Frieza as the 10th fighter.

So far nothing has come from him being the team leader, and it looks like that's going to be how it is throughout the ToP.

They handled that whole bit poorly anyway. As for your other comment, the summaries mention
he'll be speaking up in this week's episode and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom