• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest: Builders Review Thread

Lynx_7

If this had a PC release and online multiplayer I could see it selling really well for a DQ game in the west. As it is, I still hope it does well enough to guarantee we'll get any future sequels over here.
Unfortunately I have too much on my plate already and too little money to spend so I'll have to pass until a sale.

Better than Ocarina of Time confirmed.

I'm actually surprised it's reviewing as well this early. Based off my time in the demo, I knew I'd love it but thought it might be a bit too simple or "boring" for a larger audience that aren't invested in DQ games already.

DKHF

Good to see this game is reviewing well, I wasn't very interested initially but seeing all the praise on GAF/in reviews I will get it.

Owensboro

Glad to see the demo wasn't just a flash in the pan according to the reviews. I loved the demo but was worried I would get bored with it after an hour or two like I did with Minecraft. I wish progress from the demo carried over to the game, but it's no deal breaker. Thank god I didn't try to kill that green dragon!

ys45

One of my most anticipated game this year, I imported the Japanese version because I thought this had no chance of coming here but when I learned about the localization I decided to wait for the English version .
Having played a little bit of the Japanese version and the English demo last week, I can definitely say I will spend a lot of time on this game :p

Really happy to see the game getting good reviews, this should help the Dragon Quest Series (I hope) in the West .

Unsurprising after having been enraptured by its charm and addictive qualities through the demo. I can't wait to get the full game.

On Demand

Banned
Those who have no interest in this game and have not played the demo, play it! It might change your mind. It sure made me ready to buy it where before I didn't think I would like it because of the building aspects and never having played a DQ game.

Kremzeek

Woot! Just preordered this today, after playing the demo this weekend.

I hope it sells enough to get a sequel with online co-op!

Happy to see its reviewing well. Ordered my PS4 copy a couple of days ago for €44.50. Was going for the vita version at first, but after playing the demo i felt like the ps4 version was the way to go. The fact that its only a little bit more than the digital vita version really helped too.

Little bit more than a week to go!

Was expecting good critical reception, but not a great one like this. Looks like being the game I was hoping for and finally a Minecraft I can get into.

Now everyone BUY THIS GAME.

Please.

Thanks.

Hadn't even wasted a thought on this game, but tried the demo out of boredom and was hooked. Really thinking about getting this together with Tomb Raider next week.

Elandyll

Banned
I was going to wait closer to Xmas to buy, but might as well take advantage of Prime discount given the good reviews.

kevin1025

Banned
Wow, this game wasn't even on my radar but after the reviews and watching some videos, I'm super interested now! I won't be able to pick it up till later on (crazy busy fall!), but I'm definitely going to jump on this one when it's a little quieter so I can put a lot of time into it.

Played the demo a bit this weekend on a whim and was instantly hooked. Had to turn it off so I don't get attached to the save file! Looking forward to Tuesday

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Demo sold me on this, when prior to that i was only mildly interested.

Awesome to see the good scores, and i cant wait to get this next week!!!

Stencil

If anyone is curious, download the demo. My interest was ever so vaguely piqued, but when I played the demo it become a Day 1 purchase, no questions.

I'm glad it's reviewing fairly well!

Do we know if the game is localized in any language other than English? How do the past Dragon Quest games fare on this matter?

Top Bottom