• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 screenshots

Hopefully it gets localized at all. DQH1 didn't exactly sell like gangbusters.

I've been enjoying watching the 'day one edition' drop $10 every month or so here in Australia.

Started on.... $79 or $89 I believe, now it's $39. One more price drop and I'll buy it I swear.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
56BA00064225750015

The best thing about this design, other than the awesome Proto Man scarf, is how well the color of the patterns on his swords match his outfit. Dual wielding also >>>>> sword and shield

Famassu

They said that about the first game too, but in the end it was definitely more Warriors than not.
IIRC they said that Heroes 2 would be even less of a Musou type deal than the first game. That said, people probably shouldn't expect Dragon Quest x Kingdom Hearts or anything.

Christian

I'll probably import the Vita version to start, because I'm about 99% positive that even if Square-Enix localizes the portable port, we won't get a physical version. I'll buy the PS4 game if/when it comes here, otherwise I'll import that, too. I really enjoyed the first one. I got the platinum and I still had an itch to play more. Really fun game. Can't wait for the sequel.

I wonder how they plan to fit in famous characters from the other games. In the first one it was like portals to other worlds opened up that the characters from each DQ game used or something.

I just really want to play as the hero from DQ8. Or, Nipples, as I named him.

Pyrrhus

I think the thing that looks bizarre in modern DQ, especially for female characters, is the insistence on putting contemporary hairstyles on the characters. Medieval world with lots of 80s prom hair styles for the girls and feathered, effeminate hair in the eyes stuff for the guys. Makes them look like refugees from a particularly strange set of host and hostess clubs.

I think the thing that looks bizarre in modern DQ, especially for female characters, is the insistence on putting contemporary hairstyles on the characters. Medieval world with lots of 80s prom hair styles for the girls and feathered, effeminate hair in the eyes stuff for the guys. Makes them look like refugees from a particularly strange set of host and hostess clubs.

I agree, and its one of the things about a lot of Japanese character design these days that bothers me. I'm just not seeing a whole lot of creativity and innovation. Just feathered triangles on dudes, or pony tails.

A.E Suggs

Looking good so far, hopefully we get more costumes that aren't just color swaps for all characters this time around. Jessica has alot of costumes in DQ8 and yet she got nothing but a color swap. Pathetic.

I agree, and its one of the things about a lot of Japanese character design these days that bothers me. I'm just not seeing a whole lot of creativity and innovation. Just feathered triangles on dudes, or pony tails.

I still like that style, but you gotta blame toriyama for that one cause its his style. That said you're not really seeing a lot of innovation in hair styles for western games either.

Bishop89

I like everyone but the male protagonist...

The male protagonist on the first is really annoying when he speaks.

Come on square...

Top Bottom