• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest press event to be held on 7/28 in Japan, livestreamed, "main series"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wasn't DQ9 announced years before the official release? If anything the announcement is way too late.

Only because they changed the battle system mid-development and had to dealy the game a couple of times. DQ XI hitting next year is a guarantee and they cant afford to miss the 30th Anniversary. They have been working for a long time on the first "tradition" HD DQ RPG...sounds like everything is coming together now.

Philippo

ALL ABOARD THE DQ HYPE TRAIN
ONLY FOR PS4

18j1fto1vem9tjpg.jpg

BadWolf

Only because they changed the battle system mid-development and had to dealy the game a couple of times. DQ XI hitting next year is a guarantee and they cant afford to miss the 30th Anniversary. They have been working for a long time on the first "tradition" HD DQ RPG...sounds like everything is coming together now.

FFXV, Star Ocean 5 and DQXI in the same year would be amazing.

Hugstable

Banned
Some of you seriously sound more excited about platforms rather than the actual fact that we are getting a new Dragon Quest game :(

I'll take anything DQ, but I'd have to say I really want an epic game like DQVIII for PS4.

But whatever it ends up on ill be happy. It's freaking DQXI.

Oregano

Some of you seriously sound more excited about platforms rather than the actual fact that we are getting a new Dragon Quest game :(

Well as a European I can't be too sure about that fact.:p

I'm interested in what kind of party setup it will have. I imagine they might go with defined characters but I wonder if there will be a job/class system or more predefined roles.

cw_sasuke

FFXV, Star Ocean 5 and DQXI in the same year would be amazing.

Even crazier ...KH3 looks like it could hit next calendar year as well. SE dropping their 3 big RPG series in one year would be...well. Yeah they really wanna sell those JD J-RPGs. Better support them if you were complaining about lacking support from them in the last years,

Takao

Banned
gotta suck for spike chunsoft to reveal their new seemingly big rpg next week when this drops

unless they're developing dq again

Aeana

DQXI HYPE !!!
Too bad some people seem more interested in platform choice.

It's not any different than usual. If all of the people who descend on Dragon Quest discussions to fantasize about it being on their favored platform would actually buy the games, it wouldn't be on such shaky ground in western markets to begin with.

Kouriozan

DQXI HYPE !!!
Too bad some people seem more interested in platform choice.
Indeed.
Dragon Quest X is on 3 consoles + PC and still nowhere to be seen outside of Japan.
I just want to play/get the latest Dragon Quest, those last few years have been super painful as a DQ fan, even the new mobile games are Japan only.

200.gif

This is it. This is how DQ came back to Playstation.
Please

technically, it alread did with Dragon Quest Heroes, but you know what I mean.

Jigorath

Banned
So they're revealing the game in the livestream and they'll have more info in the magazine?

Alright, pretty exciting.

Still holding out hope for a DQV remake though.

Eolz

Well, I admit being wrong about the last DQ game not being DQXI :p
Thread will be fun, already people being mad about platform choices when none are announced yet.
The thread for IX was something to remember.

Hope it'll be a good game without many controversial choices.

Hugstable

Banned
Well as a European I can't be too sure about that fact.:p

I'm interested in what kind of party setup it will have. I imagine they might go with defined characters but I wonder if there will be a job/class system or more predefined roles.

Oh god I would love a new job system style with story beats like DQV, World Map of VIII, Map Encounters and Alchemy Pot like IX. Almost all my starting exposure to Dragon Quest series has been the job system games (3 GBC and 7PS1) so i really really want an expanded job system for VII and IX (don't know if X expanded it at all since I never got to play :()

If it's on the 3DS it's ignorable
like DQ9 is.

Why are you trying to start this shit :(

BadWolf

Even crazier ...KH3 looks like it could hit next calendar year as well. SE dropping their 3 big RPG series in one year would be...well. Yeah they really wanna sell those JD J-RPGs. Better support them if you were complaining about lacking support from them in the last years,

That would be insane.

Love how SE is going all in this gen, hope it pays off for them.

Oregano

It's not any different than usual. If all of the people who descend on Dragon Quest discussions to fantasize about it being on their favored platform would actually buy the games, it wouldn't be on such shaky ground in western markets to begin with.

I did my part. I even bought Boom Street and DQ Wars!

cw_sasuke

I think SE having more realistic expectation for the IP in the west wouldn't be so bad either. If even Bamco was able to maintain and keep the Tales of series afloat in the west while steady building a fan base...there are plenty other examples as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom