• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno teases new game announcement [Up: Was DMC4:SE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Dengeki PlayStation this week features a questionnaire with 107 game developers, including the director of Dragon’s Dogma, producer of its Dark Arisen expansion, and the producer of the Sengoku Basara series.

Here’s what they had to say:

• Dragon’s Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno: “We’ve got several games in the pipeline right now. One of them is even in the last stages right now. We should be able to announce it soon.”
  • Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen producer Minaeu Matsukawa: “We’re working really hard to get ready for people to learn about what we have coming up in 2015 and get them excited to play those games.”
  • Sengoku Basara series producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi: “2015 will mark the 10th anniversary of the Sengoku Basara franchise. You can expect a lot of exciting announcements and developments in light of the occasion.”
  • It might be worth noting that Dragon’s Dogma Online was trademarked last week, and there was an interesting news post at the game’s official site last week (which was since removed).

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/dragons-...-announcement-coming-soon#X6g65m7X3BQ9vY94.99

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
please be dragons dogma. please release on xbone

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Please let this be different than Dragon's Dogma Online.

Dragon's Dogma with an online component would be fine; people have been asking for that since the game released.

Dragon's Dogma as an online-only f2p sort of thing with microtransactions and premium services out the wazoo would not be fine.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I clicked on the news post on their website and it seemed to link out to a third party fan blog, so I'm guessing it was an auto scrapper for community news.

Arion

Itsuno is secretly one of the best japanese game developers. I don't think he gets enough praise. Looking forward to whatever it is but i really just want DMC5.

Reknoc

Interested to see what it'd and hopefully Dragon Dogma related, even if it was just a port.

Basara news will be cool as well.

Dragon's Dogma with an online component would be fine; people have been asking for that since the game released.

Dragon's Dogma as an online-only f2p sort of thing with microtransactions and premium services out the wazoo would not be fine.

I hate to say it, but any game with the word "online" in its title is more than likely going to be the second one you listed.

I'm thinking Capcom will call it "Dragon's Dogma: Tears of Every Arisen Who Will Play a Sequel and not a Horrible Cash-Grab."

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
DD was a game that I feel was kinda like SOTC on PS2, in that it pushed the hardware to breaking point to its own detriment. A more online-orientated revision on current gen tech is a lip-smacking proposition imho.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It still seems a little soon for Dragon's Dogma 2, especially given that the first game did not break sales records (but did well enough, all things considering). Of course, that is what I'd like to see the most from this game announcement.

However, I wouldn't mind Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen remastered for PS4, Xbone, and PC. If they sorted out a way to give it proper online co-op, all the better.

I really hope It's Dragons dogma online and that its just a Re-released dragons dogma for next gen, but with the pawn system expanded upon to allow for proper coop.

Pretty please?

Expect Dragon's Dogma Online, probably DD gameplay + co-op multiplayer which might be cool.

This would be awesome but if it turns out being an MMO take on the series ala Elder Scrolls Online/KOTOR, I imagine most people won't be happy.

I'm really hoping that doesn't happen but I have a gut feeling...

Lux R7

DD2 to be announced soon for XB1 and PS4.

tumblr_inline_naep0038sH1s4189g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom