• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragons Dogma director Hideaki Itsuno teases new game announcement [Up: Was DMC4:SE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

Wait, so, the DMC4:SE announcement, was the Itsuno game?

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU~
c31.gif

I can't imagine that Capcom would bother making a DMC4SE if they weren't at least considering continuing the classic series. It's been 7 years.

This. What is the point of remastering DMC4 is they wanted to throw that series out. Next DMC will be DMC5.

I think talk of a DmC2 can be put to rest, honestly. Tameem has already flat out said they're not working on any sequels to their previous games. And Capcom didn't resurrect DMC4 from the grave unless their was a bigger purpose behind it. I think DmC:DE is more or less an apology for how mediocre the original versions gameplay was and a push to get that games total sales to 2 million. DMC4:SE is more likely existing to butter people up for DMC5.

Thank the lord. NT should never be allowed near the franchise again.

I'm not referring to that. Deep Down is an already announced project, and although it's a working title, it's not the project I'm referencing. I'm not that much of a prat really. If that was the only Dragon's Dogma title you were getting, I don't think I'd bother mentioning it since even without playing the original, I know it's not what people necessarily want. The project I'm referring to was a concept when I learned of it.

I think that about covers everything I have to say. No more from me on it now.

Must contain anticipation.....

Carbonox

Put me in the camp that believes Itsuno's doing a lot more with DMC4:SE than just sticking Vergil in it and calling it a day. Like with what NT has done with DmC I reckon we'll see quite a lot of changes. Maybe adding new ideas and expanding on what they did as a test ground for DMC5? The latter is just optimistic speculation though.

Fucking hyped though. That we're getting DmC Definitive Edition and Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition in the same year is a good fucking start for DMC fans personally. I'm chuffed to bits.

2016 the year of DMC5.

WHat a time to be alive.

I don't see why people are so worried about the possibility of NT working on the next DMC. DmC DE shows they are clearly listening for once.

Sesha

Guys, calm down. Read Itsuno's comments in the OP. They're working on several titles, with one ready for announcement. That was either DmC DE or DMC4SE, but probably the latter. The producer for Dark Arisen has a comment as well. Couple that with the trademark. They're obviously working on Dragon's Dogma, even if it's only DDOnline, whatever that is.

Well, there you are then. Unless he's lying, it's DMC5 by Capcom.

Insert wild card that it's Ninja Theory working on a DMC game focusing on either Vergil or Sparda.

Edit:

Hold on a second, DMC5 by Ninja Theory is still a go. He said not a sequel to their titles and they didn't technically work on DMC. Those are empty words.

I thought the same, but Capcom staff, Itsuno especially, have been clear that should a DMC5 arise, it'll be made by Capcom internally. Couple that with statements from Itsuno that he would like to work on DMC5 (this was a year ago I think), and it's clear DMC5 is an internal title.
That said, it's not impossible for NT to be working on parts of DMC5 under Itsuno's supervision. The art for DmC was positively received by most, so there's a chance they might be doing art or enviromental duties, maybe even rigging or animation work. They've been taught by Itsuno during DmC's development after all, so they do have some insight that would allow them to assist in development.

Anyway. Thanks a lot for sharing what you can and clarifying. People worried that DMC4SE is the only announcement are getting ahead of themselves. It's all in Itsuno's words in the OP, they're working on several titles. with one almost done.
Now apparently he was talking about DMC4SE given his twitter comment. But coupled with the comments from DD Dark Arisen's producer, and it's clear they're working on more franchises than just DMC. Whatever DDOnline is, they are definitely working on something DD related.

Anyway. DMC4SE has probably been in the works for a while, and DmC DE is probably a more recent development, which is probably why you didn't know about it. DMC4SE is a lot more work than DmC DE, considering a lot of the changes are fairly simple, considering they're basically adding stuff that already exists in mods. Must Style, Vergil Bloody Palace and the new difficulty modes are probably what they've done the least work on, and there wasn't any clear footage in the trailer about any of those.

What if Dragon's Dogma Online is the western title for Deep Down?

According to Verendus, that's not the case.

Corsick

Why do people keep saying this? Not only does Dragon's Dogma have nothing thematically similar to Deep Down (beyond medieval setting) , they don't even play similarly.

This is the biggest thing, it's closer to Dark Souls than DD. It looks much more plodding and grounded than DD.

I don't see why people are so worried about the possibility of NT working on the next DMC. DmC DE shows they are clearly listening for once.

If they were listening, these would of been a free patch years ago.

Most of these changes were community mods that were available a week after the PC release.

This is clearly a capcom mandate. Trying to paint this as "listening to the community" 2 years later sinks of BS.

Because I'll never forgive nor will i forget their attitude towards the original series and the fans. The Ninja Theory reputation is now poison to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom