• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online revealed - PS3/PS4/PC, MMO-ish, F2P, 4-player parties

I want more dragon dogma ...but happy to see a proper game ;; but i'm unsure about the co-op focused aspect of the game.dragon dogma was a fine rpg where i could explore at my pace. I'm unsure whenever this will be intresting with friends. Hopefully, more weapons/moves/gear will be added.

F2P is a shame , but i can keep my expectation s in check. PS3 is a no. The performance issues were fine last gen , now it's time for a more stable framerate ( PC or PS4 )
Well, I believe they said the pawn system is still in, so I'm guessing you can choose to only play with AI partners if you like and play at your own pace. Guessing you can go completely alone like the original game as well.

oti

Banned
More Dragon's Dogma is all I want. Make it F2P if you have to, I don't care. Make it a great game and I'm all in.

I want more dragon dogma ...but happy to see a proper game ;; but i'm unsure about the co-op focused aspect of the game.dragon dogma was a fine rpg where i could explore at my pace. I'm unsure whenever this will be intresting with friends. Hopefully, more weapons/moves/gear will be added.

F2P is a shame , but i can keep my expectation s in check. PS3 is a no. The performance issues were fine last gen , now it's time for a more stable framerate ( PC or PS4 )

I believe it days you can go out with 4 other people of pawns

So basically offline if you choose all pawns

le.phat

dragons dogma. 4-player co-op!!!!!!!

edit: Just take a loooong hard look at Warframe capcom, and you will have my axe, aswell as my left kidney.

cheesekao

Are DD's graphics on PS360 really that bad? I mean, I played through Dark Arisen without the second DVD patch and wasn't too concerned by the graphics.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yes yes yes!
Loved the character create in DD

It does sound nice. DD's equipment system was a lot more dense than most games, and I loved it for that. Only I know that this F2P business is going to lock a butt-ton of options behind grossly priced microtransactions. I'd probably have to spend more than the price of a regular game just to get all the customization stuff.

Are DD's graphics on PS360 really that bad? I mean, I played through Dark Arisen without the second DVD patch and wasn't too concerned by the graphics.

It had a lot of good art/environment design going for it, along with some really nice weather and lighting effects, but on the flip side, it had a poor resolution, a letterboxed image, bad pop-in/draw distance, and very sub-30 framerate to top it all off.

I still loved it though.

Airan

This is probably the closest we'll ever get to a MH on PC in the west (unless Tencent decide to be charitable...) so I'm ok with this. DD was awesome and if it's simply DD with f2p and 4 player I will be down for this so hard.

This could be really amazing with a good F2P model, but this is Capcom and that isn't going to happen is it? :\

I'll check it out either way though because it's Dragon's Dogma.

SparkTR

Well, looks like it's Japanese-only at the moment. And ya know, Xbox sales in Japan aren't so hot.

People were saying the same thing about SFV. If they're talking about a PC version now they would also be talking about an XBO version if one was planned. It's probably cross-play or Sony blocking it.

Mooreberg

Is Deep Down still a thing? I need to play more than the hour I put into Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on PS3. I must have ADHD when it comes to games like that.

HeelPower

F2P Yikes!!
giphy.gif

Oh well was never really a huge fan of DD anyway.

i cant wait to do this shit in 1080p at 60fps because it's on mt framework for sure and that engine is fucking magical

The original ran on MT Framework, and part of the reason it performed so poorly is that that engine wasn't really designed to handle a huge expansive world.

Qvoth

they literally just announced the game few hours ago in japan, what else do you expect? of course they're going to say no plans yet

JNA

Banned
You know what? Let them keep it. F2P MMO DD was and is and will always be a terrible idea anyway.

But still...just why? :(

Seyavesh

The original ran on MT Framework, and part of the reason it performed so poorly is that that engine wasn't really designed to handle a huge expansive world.
is that the reason? where'd ya get that from? why did re6 perform so poorly on console while performing astonishingly beautifully on pc though

what i'm saying is mt framework is magic you can't fool me

also for everyone freaking out about the capcom eu statement: dragon's dogma online was discovered by folks from an EU trademark registration, cmon ya'll

omg this info I just read...and scans I just saw...

character creator has received a considerable upgrade...

pawns can create items n shit...

the open world will be expanded little by little through large updates...

tumblr_lqcektZWEc1qzi64q.gif

Soriku

they literally just announced the game few hours ago in japan, what else do you expect? of course they're going to say no plans yet

Can't count the number of times people freak out over those statements, only for the games to be announced for a localization at a later date. Like clockwork.

The lead staff are the same as Dark Arisen. Itsuno didn't direct that either. Kinoshita was the lead game designer for Dragon's Dogma, and he took over as director with Dark Arisen.

And Dark Arisen actually had superior level design. Itsuno has made an amazing core game with Dogma, I'm totally OK with other people iterating on that design.

EGOMON

I can't believe it! it is real! THANK YOU Capcom and I LOVE YOU this is the game i always wanted am so happy right now i don't know what to say

Dark_castle

I still don't know I feel about this. More Dragon's Dogma is definitely good, but I personally would much rather have a traditional single-player title with online multiplayer as extra component, with one fixed price and DLC/expansion. F2P (with Capcom no less), online only, multiplayer-focused, microtransaction...ugh.

Top Bottom