• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub Bikes, a standalone expansion, is coming to PS4. Today.

rawd

Soon as you go into tour... there are 2 window options now... DriveClub and Bikes... Bikes takes you to the store.

tusken77

What I'm doing right now

image.php

What I want to be doing

dcbike9psm0.gif

Good grief, that looks amazing.

pottuvoi

Banned
My guy actually crashed after the finish line and was skidding along the floor on its side in the after race camera change. But there is crashes but the driveclub logo just flashes up before you see anything and then you're back on track at 0mph.
Yup, crashes are there although they do not show what happens afterwards.

I wonder if Ironman mode would be a good idea for Driveclub, certainly should clean up some online races. ;)

thenexus6

Bikes should be better for racing online - smaller vehicle area for other drivers to try and smash you out of the way. I swear this game is a nightmare to play online people just ramming everyone as if they're playing Burnout.

Bought it.

So far the bikes definitely feel incredibly unrealistic. There's no pressure in handling your throttle properly in corners and you brake just like you would in a car.

Kind of disappointed but it's still fun and I'll probably get this Platinum too :V

Shaneus

Thankfully, the controller setup options are different for bikes and cars, so you can setup gyro/motion sensing for bikes and regular controls or whatever for cars. It'd take some getting used to, but I can see the optimum control setup for bikes being motion sensing. It felt pretty great.

I definitely expect a $30-50 physical holiday release: Driveclub + Bikes + Current Season Pass and DLCs. Then theyll make way for a new Season Pass which includes new Bike and cars, and new events and tracks.

C'mon Rushy! Spill it!

You didn't play Driveclub?
It may not be full sim but let's not kid ourselves here, Driveclub is a slightly more accessible sim. Using the brakes for anything but drifting is the least arcade shit ever

(not a knock on the game, but people shouldn't be misled into thinking it's something it isn't)

Bikes sound appealing but I'm not sure if it's worth the $15 solely as an add-on to the Plus version at the moment, especially when Need For Speed is out next week

Dammit, trying to curb my spending, but this looks great. Been waiting for a great Bike game, and don't want to bite on MotoGP 14 or 15 yet.

Putty

SSOO good! Picked up the handling straight away! Every viewpoint is much bang on the money so something for everyone. Already putting in some strong times against my GAF chum ski's. Super update....Keep bringing the good stuff Rushy.

autoduelist

It may not be full sim but let's not kid ourselves here, Driveclub is a slightly more accessible sim. Using the brakes for anything but drifting is the least arcade shit ever

lol, it's super simplistic but as a general rule it's so true -- do you use your brakes to do anything but drift?

If yes, it's a Sim!
If no, it's an Arcade racer!

Damn the middleground.

Team Arcade here, but I still love me my Driveclub - it's definitely more accessible than most sims/semi-sims, now that I've trained myself to [horror of horrors] brake.

Arttemis

I definitely expect a $30-50 physical holiday release: Driveclub + Bikes + Current Season Pass and DLCs. Then theyll make way for a new Season Pass which includes new Bike and cars, and new events and tracks.

C'mon Rushy! Spill it!

I'd much rather have a second season pass and THEN have an updated physical update.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh shit you guys, DRIVECLUB compatible with PSVR? How they hell would they manage to run that? :O Decreased visuals I'm guessing? Either way, this has sold me on PSVR, esp. with some lofty claims on Twitter like 'I've been very lucky to try Driveclub VR and it's the best gaming experience I've ever had in over 20 years simply amazing #PlayStationVR'

https://twitter.com/kieran_30/status/659392627675168768

Who is Kieran?

JP

Not spent that much time with this but I'm really poor when using the bikes. I really struggle to get around some of the corners at really low speeds sometimes which is putting me off somewhat.

Looking at the positives, I seem to remember really struggling in the car campaign at first and then it suddenly got easy, so I'm hoping this eases up at some point for me.

Has anybody else struggled with the bikes?

Jamesways

Nah people all forgot about how he torpedo'd Sete Gibernau back in the day, they'll forget about this too

He just needs to win more and people will brush over it.

Not spent that much time with this but I'm really poor when using the bikes. I really struggle to get around some of the corners at really low speeds sometimes which is putting me off somewhat.

Looking at the positives, I seem to remember really struggling in the car campaign at first and then it suddenly got easy, so I'm hoping this eases up at some point for me.

Has anybody else struggled with the bikes?
I'm having to unlearn the mechanics of MotoGP and Ride for this. But it clicks after a few laps. Strange pushing so hard without the fear of a high/lowside.

If you don't brake enough into a turn, tap the rear brake, you'll initiate a slide making it easier to get through a tight turn. Not the fastest way around the apex, but if you miss your regular braking point, this can save you last minute.

JP

I'm having to unlearn the mechanics of MotoGP and Ride for this. But it clicks after a few laps. Strange pushing so hard without the fear of a high/lowside.

If you don't brake enough into a turn, tap the rear brake, you'll initiate a slide making it easier to get through a tight turn. Not the fastest way around the apex, but if you miss your regular braking point, this can save you last minute.
Thanks, I think I'm just going to play around in the Time Trials for a while so that I can try a few things out without having to worry about making mistakes.

Jamesways

Thanks, I think I'm just going to play around in the Time Trials for a while so that I can try a few things out without having to worry about making mistakes.

TT is great, and you can really rack up the fame points from stoppies/wheelies while tooling laps too. It really speeds up the level unlock process.

I unlocked 2 bikes last night just playing around in TT.

pixelbox

More likely that it's the long awaited Private Lobby stuff being finally added to the game.

Would be great if 60fps would be an option even if you didn't own Morpheus.

It will be cool if they can have custom races with reduced vehicles and details at 60fps./

60 fps update?

Rushy mentioned some graphics update a little while back. Hopefully, it's 60FPS Standard, 30FPS with increased AA,AF, Shadow, and LOD. My dream will be complete with that.

Oh shit you guys, DRIVECLUB compatible with PSVR? How they hell would they manage to run that? :O Decreased visuals I'm guessing? Either way, this has sold me on PSVR, esp. with some lofty claims on Twitter like 'I've been very lucky to try Driveclub VR and it's the best gaming experience I've ever had in over 20 years simply amazing #PlayStationVR'

https://twitter.com/kieran_30/status/659392627675168768

Shiiiii no way!!! JustTakeMyMoneyNow.jpg !!!!!!!!!!

Please announce the release date for PSVR.

Guys, they got the VR demo running with only 8 racers and no rear view mirror. I doubt they'd update the game so soon for 60fps (if ever, outside of VR mode).
I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Top Bottom