• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub Bikes - Review thread

Wait....what? Has this been confirmed?

Yes. It's in the patch notes and you can see it in the game menu

CS0p_LlUcAAQE6s.png:large

Jamesways

Yes. It's in the patch notes and you can see it in the game menu

CS0p_LlUcAAQE6s.png:large

Nice models too!

Adds support for the EBR Expansion (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free expansion for DRIVECLUB BIKES on Nov 17) - which includes the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and EBR Tour Pack.
» The EBR Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the EBR Tour to earn a bonus Livery.

Deband

GamesRadar - 4/5

"This isn't just great DLC - it's the best bike racer in years"

I don't know if I'd go that far. In terms of what? Fun? Graphics? Realism?

I love bike games, and personally I'm finding DC's bikes to be so much damn fun. And they look absolutely incredible.

But I do enjoy the physics of the Milestone's MotoGP/SBK/Ride games. And they're great representations of the sport they convey. For a motorsport bike fan, MotoGP 15 is one of the best yet IMO. Man, if they only looked half as good as DC...

But for fun, yeah, DC's mode is amazing. Can't wait for the EBR pack later this month.

How would you compare 2015 to any climax moto gps. Starting on og xbox with moto gp, but especially moto gp 2?

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Oh man been dying to try this ever since it got announced but waiting for my $15 credit to come in. The struggle is real!!

Just bought it.

Hope it lives up to the hype. Offroad like motorstorm would be crazy but they would need the right terrain on the roads and not just the offroad cars.

Jamesways

How would you compare 2015 to any climax moto gps. Starting on og xbox with moto gp, but especially moto gp 2?

They are some serious differences physics wise.

The first Climax game I played was 06 on the 360. And I loved it. Then I went back and played previous iterations, 2 was b/c. It was fun, but I enjoyed 06 and 07 more.

07 was fantastic. 60fps, better cockpit views, and I actually enjoyed the career and extreme modes.
My favorite last gen though was 08. I just preferred Milestone's physics and cockpit views. You couldn't tap the rear brake to powerslide around which I know people loved.

Monumental did a great job with 10/11 too. Another one at 60fps, with great graphics and large grids across the classes.

I also played all of the SBK games that were released in NA or region free to import.

15 keeps a lot of the same Milestone physics as their previous MotoGP and SBK games. They did make it a bit tougher on Pro physics, you can easily lose it simply from changing from first to second gear from the bike stepping out.
They finally improved the graphics to make them closer to a next gen release, Milestone games have always been lacking in graphics, mostly the trackside details and lighting effects. Bike and rider models and animations have been typically been really good though.
Not too shabby-
19620624605_9ccfce11da_o.jpg

18998039794_35a4171a12_o.jpg

15 has a huge bike list, the full 2015 and 2014 MotoGP, Moto2, and Moto3 rosters. They also have a Redbull Rookies cup class as DLC, and historic packs including 4 stroke and 2 stroke bikes and riders. IMO, it's one of the best MotoGP games yet.

RIDE is fun, but really lacking in graphics for a next gen game. Super long load times too. But it has a great street and SBK type bike list. 15 tracks with multiple ribbons and you can customize your bikes and rider too. It's the only place to race Imola and Road America on a bike this gen.

Playing the same bikes between DC and RIDE is really jarring. It's amazing how good DC's bikes look.

So, long answer to your question and a unplanned rundown of bike games this gen I guess.

I played MotoGP 14 the most of any racer this gen so far. Went through the main tour of DC but a ton of DLC to finish. And I just don't have the time yet to play more 15 and pCARS.

Between MotoGP15, pCARS, WRC 5, and DC, I'm set for racing games for a long time.

GodofWine

I want DriveClub Boats.

I believe that all the in game rivers and lakes are fully developed, they rise and fall with the rain, bet they could drop boats into their "world".

I want to see them swap asphalt for dirt and add rally cars,seems like a "mod" that is at least imaginable

The_Monk

Impressions seem pretty positive so I might get this later on. I still have to buy the Season Pass first. While I'm not a fan of buying those I have to admit that the ratio of price & content is really good and even better with the price drop not too long ago.

Either way I can't wait, Driveclub came a long way considering how rough it was on release day.

Another 8/10 review - "Driveclub Bikes is a new experience" Netguide.co.nz

And yes, we've got the free EBR expansion coming for BIKES owners this month with 2 new Bikes, 6 new Tour events & 3 new trophies :)

It's said often but bears repeating. The way in which you and the rest of the people at Evo have turned around DC and its rocky start and brought this behemoth to bear is astounding. So much great content for DC. Thank you for the way in which you've supported it.

Shadybiz

Nice to see that people are liking it. I haven't played Driveclub in a few months, but would like to check this out..hopefully I'll get some more time on my hands soon.

Oneself

Although I'm buying everything DC related (even if I'm not into bikes), I was also expecting new tracks to be available before the end of the year.

Still, this is easily my favorite racer this gen.

Another 8/10 review - "Driveclub Bikes is a new experience" Netguide.co.nz

And yes, we've got the free EBR expansion coming for BIKES owners this month with 2 new Bikes, 6 new Tour events & 3 new trophies :)

It's awesome work as usual, Rushy. - didn't click initially but I'm adoring the bikes now.

Let me echo the call for some kind of Motorstorm tie in to the driveclub "service." Driveclub Rally? God, please make that happen!

Alright! Great reviews so far. I love the DriveClub Bikes DLC.

C'mon...let's have DriveClub Motorstorm and DriveClub WipEout DLCs!! Will buy in a heartbeat.

Protome

'the best bike racer in years'
Genuine question - how are the other bike racing games available at the moment?

Strong praise either way. I wish there was some way of trying this before splashing the cash.
RIDE is okay, Motorcycle Club was terrible and the MotoGP games clearly have absolutely no budget are pretty fun if you can look past it.

It's not really a crowded space.

Putty

Terrific addition. Coupled with the latest update the game simply continues to give....Though i do think we are ready for another location.......maybe MAYBE even 2!.................

I don't think I like it as much as PGR4 which was smoother and you can race against cars (and its pretty balanced!) but its still really fun and the physics fit the tracks. Like, to be fair, PGR4s physics wouldn't work with these super wide tracks. I had a lot of fun with a friend doing private lobbies 1 v 1.

spwolf

patch with brake help works good too... cant really play on controller for crap so this helps a lot to get some enjoyment out, plus you def end up slower.

NeoRausch

Bought it and love it, but I have a question for a friend:

He only has the free PS+ version of Driveclub and only wants Driveclub Bikes (Standalone) but if he goes to the store (Germany) Hr only gets the 14,99€ version.
What's up with that? Can you buy the 14,99 extension for the PS+ version and it will work?!

VMAN01

love the bikes, completed all the tours already. They are also amazing to experience in first person view

nzsle3r.png

Lfp0SCZ.png

PulseONE

If they DO release the VR version of Driveclub + the first person bike cam, I think I'll have a heart attack

Top Bottom