• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayaya

I didn't know that the weather was coming in a "future update." The clips of racing in the rain are part of what sold me on the game. Any idea when this "future" will become the present?

So I have $20 in my PSN account, do I get Drive Club for $50 or get the likes of Transistor, OlliOlli, First Light etc. That is my question right now!

I am still looking for footage or the Atom in DC.

kyser73

It wasn't good enough.

I take it you're a networking person then?

There are clearly issues here, but they could be unrelated to the stress-testing done prior to launch. I know this because it happened to my company when we bought over an acquired company into our network. Everything worked on our UAT server, but when we moved them into the main farm it borked - and this was for an additional 50 people, not 100,000+.

The problem - when we found it - was a compatibility mode setting on a single laptop that hadn't updated correctly when we used a group policy update in Active Directory. Took us 2 days of pissy users to find it too, despite the fact we'd done everything exactly as MS & VMWare recommended for the project.

So unless you actually know what happened, don't make statements like 'It's not enough.' It's entirely conceivable they Evo did all the testing possible, but when out in the wild an unknown interaction happened.

MidEvlDed

I didn't know that the weather was coming in a "future update." The clips of racing in the rain are part of what sold me on the game. Any idea when this "future" will become the present?

Really? I didn't know this. What the hell. Why is that an add on? It's not that big of a deal but I don't see why that had to wait. They already delayed the game for a year. Seems like they should have been able to work that in somewhere.

Really? I didn't know this. What the hell. Why is that an add on? It's not that big of a deal but I don't see why that had to wait. They already delayed the game for a year. Seems like they should have been able to work that in somewhere.
I'm pretty sure weather wasn't even supposed to be in the game but the delay allowed them to start working on it anyway. Rushy said it should be out before the end of this year. So maybe early December if I had to guess.

I take it you're a networking person then?
I'm a customer. That alone qualifies my judgments.

As I laid out in my original post on the subject I'm not putting any extra onus on DriveClub to have a smooth launch. This generation is filled with spectacular launch failures - this is just another one of them. And that maybe Destiny really sets the best example - bring on more alphas and betas (or glorified stress tests) for multiplayer focused titles.

viveks86

Before Christmas

Assuming the servers are fixed by then :/

benzy

vphraj.gif

anddo0

Has anyone managed a lap time of 151.00 on the Volkswagen Series championship?

I can't seem to do better than 153.00.. Not to mention the next class car I'm supposed to be using is locked out because we can't do clubs yet :(

h3ro

Servers are still down?! What on earth.

Locking cars behind the Club Level is looking like a damn stupid decision.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS DRIVE THAT DAMN GTI.

benzy

These time-lapse GIF's are beautiful. I love the lighting in this game, seriously. The way the shadows retreat, revealing those dense tree-covered mountains....hnnngh. How anyone can say that this game has no soul is beyond me.

Yeah, the lighting is phenomenal. I could drive for hours just to admire the various lighting changes. That no souls comment from a review was ridiculous lol.

Has anyone managed a lap time of 151.00 on the Volkswagen Series championship?

I can't seem to do better than 153.00.. Not to mention the next class car I'm supposed to be using is locked out because we can't do clubs yet :(
I'm sure I could do it easily if I had the GTI. But noooo I have to wait for clubs and the servers to be alive to get it.

Dominator

Got invited to a club called "team bzh"

Don't even know the person who sent it lol

If anyone here makes a club and wants somebody to join, my PSN name is LiquidDom. Willing to join any club here on GAF.

viveks86

im not even doing some of the hot hatch stuf till the Golf is unlocked...

I'm not doing anything till my club is accessible again. I don't know why. Feels like I'm not playing it the way it's meant to be, so I stopped yesterday. Need them leaderboards!

arit

Has anyone beaten the Pro Trophy with one of the lesser (everything left of the BAC Mono) cars? Somehow I'm hitting a wall here.

I'm not doing anything till my club is accessible again. I don't know why. Feels like I'm not playing it the way it's meant to be, so I stopped yesterday. Need them leaderboards!
I've stopped progressing forward in tour mode until I can start earning fame for my club. I stopped after doing the Rookie trophy. I really hope the servers come up soon cause I want to continue so bad. Not that I can even do anything with my club until my friends are able to get the PS+ version..

Got invited to a club called "team bzh"

Don't even know the person who sent it lol

If anyone here makes a club and wants somebody to join, my PSN name is LiquidDom. Willing to join any club here on GAF.
Since I won't be able to fill my club with people I actually know I'll let a random in. I'll invite you.

Boogat

Was finally able to get online and create a club, but I can't level it up until at least one other person joins :( Don't think anyone else from my club can get online yet.

Phamit

So I played the game for a few hours now and I liked it alot. The driving feels great and the game looks fantastic.

Some things I didn't like so far:

The Timer when you are not on the track. It's not really necessary, you don't really get that far away either way, it feels a little bit off.

That you lose points when opponents drive into you

Oh and of course the lack of online at the moment, it's like something was cut off

Turrican2

Being a guy who played the hell out of MSR, PGR2 and PGR3 I feel amazed how similar Driveclub feels. Sure I miss my PGR cities, but after the first 3 hours it seems like I finally have a racer that I love to play again. Graphics are ace most of the time, music is Ok and the tracks are lovely.

Now give me weather, some cities (a man can dream) and the ability to walk around in my club garage and take a look at all the cars, watch some race replays on the club house tv and I am a happy man.

Seventy70

AI tried to ram me off the track right before the finish line again, but this time I managed to escape and the other car skid off the road. Got penalized, but payback still feels nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom