• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had the luck of witnessing an aurora borealis yet?

Yep. There is an easy way to pull it off. This is from a website:

"Want to see it on your own PS4? It’s actually pretty easy. Load a single event and select Sentraltind Reverse in Noway. Then edit the event settings as follows:

Time of day: 01:00 (you can put 2 if you want to wait less, but you risk missing the beginning of the show)

Weather: clear

Time Compression: x60

Start your race and drive as quickly as you can past the first two corners (one is a gentle right corner without flags, the second is a medium right with yellow flags) and beyond two hills on both sides of the road, then stop in the location portrayed below. Wait a few seconds (up to a minute) and the Aurora Borealis should appear and continue for a little bit. As far as I noticed, it comes every single time."

Here's the spot you should be in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nmV1mgN7us

Man, I'm having problems with drift too.
I really like the concept of drifting and can maintain it pretty well once it starts, but not really sure how to initiate it properly.
I just want to do cool stuff like this... (maybe some eurobit in background would help?)

Dawg

Wait, you wrote them down? Your fastest time should show up on the top left and right of the screen iirc.

Are you sure you arent playing the Crew? ;P

;P

You're right, I forgot. But that still wouldn't explain why the trophy isn't working :(

Could it be related to the servers being down or something? I've had some weird problems with target times and scores.

Example:

BziARVpIUAADm7p.jpg:orig

Dawg

Disconnect your PS4 from the internet. Then it'll work.
You need 4 laps, each faster than the one before. Trophy will pop right away.

Any reason it would work without internet? Good advice though, wouldn't be surprised if it'll work given the server issues.

;P

You're right, I forgot. But that still wouldn't explain why the trophy isn't working :(

Could it be related to the servers being down or something? I've had some weird problems with target times and scores.

Example:

BziARVpIUAADm7p.jpg:orig
Umm.....

Thats a Drift challenge.

Arent we talking about the Trophy for the Time Trial??

You know one thing someone should emphasize? How quick it is to get from starting the game, to a race, and from one race to another.

Reviewers complained that it seems sparse, but it was designed that way so you can focus on the game itself, rather than spend it in menus. I hope someone should do a comparison about it with other games. One of my favorite things about Driveclub.

I hope they do more when it comes to the livery though.

The weather will not be incorporated into the existing tour events, so you can safely play all those for now.

The weather will be used in the 176 season pass events and of course we can play with weather in single event and multiplayer.

:/ That's really disappointing. I was hoping to play FH2 until the weather patch came out for DC, then play through the solo campaign with the weather.

Certinty

Not sure if I can be bothered to wait for the PS+ edition anymore, activated a 48 hour trial for PS+ and can get a £35 PSN code for £30 at CDKeys, surely the game is worth that much even in its broken state, right?

red731

Not sure if I can be bothered to wait for the PS+ edition anymore, activated a 48 hour trial for PS+ and can get a £35 PSN code for £30 at CDKeys, surely the game is worth that much even in its broken state, right?

It is worth everything.

And man, it is not broken - just that the social aspect of it is offline.
Game, its Tour and other offiline stuff is awesome.

Two more hours....

bombshell

:/ That's really disappointing. I was hoping to play FH2 until the weather patch came out for DC, then play through the solo campaign with the weather.

It would fuck up the leaderboards if they suddenly added weather to the events. You wouldn't have a chance against times set before in dry weather.

eznark

Banned
No connection at 3 am, no connection at 8 am, no connection since launch.

What's the secret to actually making this piece of shit work?

Aiii

So not worth it

Stop waiting for it, play the single player to master the game and enjoy the online when it comes.

red731

man, i've been trying to get online to invite you to the club, and this shit is not working

I will gladly wait for them to polish their shit, but yeah - we'll keep in touch and when it will work, it'll be clubbin time!

Gaining experience and skills in the meantime :)

Yeah, I have since stopped playing the game and onto day 4 now. I refuse to play until everything is fixed. I want to go through tour mode while I level up my club at the same time or else what's the point?

wapplew

I was the same since launch, but an hour ago, during my tour session, green text "connected to driveclub server" popped.
Go into club, everything unable to load, go into multiplayer, fail to join any game.
Disconnected 30minites later.

Baby step I guess.

baconcow

I find this game a very solid 8/10 in my experience to level 12. I find the 5.9 user Metacritic must be a result of haters and whiners, because (I know, opinions) there is no way this game is that bad. It has descent graphics (could use a little brightening of the chosen colour pallet) and a great car model (while unrealistic when hitting things, feels great).

R&R

Some nice liveries I made:

Brumos / Gulf collection inspired livery:
rkHsh62.jpg

Legendary Gulf livery
9W50BmI.jpg

Classic US Racing colors
xc4SypW.jpg

Moozo

I've never played a racing game before that so well nails the feeling of putting your foot down in 2nd out of a slow corner. In the hatches at least. Haven't progressed to anything quick yet.

I think I love the A-Class.

red731

Oh man, I was just thinkerino while pisserino -

are there any non contact MP time trials lobbies? (like in GTAO)

You know, get a group of people and try to beat each others times while on the same track, same conditions, in maybe some time resticted window like 30minutes.

After that there will be the one with the best time in his/hers glory.

Pls, tweet to Rushy. Ty xoxo <3

Readvacancy

Neo Member
I was able to get online and create a club. If anyone is interested in joining Blitzkrieg let me know and add me to your friend list.

PSN: READvacancy
Region: US East

It is worth everything.

And man, it is not broken - just that the social aspect of it is offline.
Game, its Tour and other offiline stuff is awesome.
I'm enjoying the offline tour stuff, but the game is definitely broken right now IMO. Half the menus can't even be accessed and major things they pushed as part of the game experience are completely inaccessible. Guess it depends on how you interpret "broken" though.

Moozo

I did it on tour, next time I'll try it on single event.
I unlocked it first try on the Mercedes time trial Tour in India. I beat the target time first time and then it was a natural progression of improving. Maybe not pushing hard enough won't trigger it or something? I don't think I did it on consecutive laps either, it was more like over 5 laps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom