• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
- I dislike the AI, it's too aggressive and I've lost countless of points due to them bumping into me (WTF). They're not afraid to push you of the road if you happen to drive in their driving line.
Is it just me or does the AI change based on how you drive? I've only had them slam into me and push me off the road when I was being a dick beforehand (using them for cornering etc :p). If I drive nice and friendly they usually brake/steer the other way before contact.

- A more of a personal issue why is there no AI setting for the tour mode?
Isnt it normal for games to get more challenging the further you progress? Otherwise it would just be the same stupid AI in faster/better cars, no?

And what's up with being unable to unlock the club cars if you're not in a club, I know it's not the point of the game to play solo. But for me as a solo player that greatly annoys me. Evolution could've at least made it possible to unlock them as a solo player by (for example) reaching level X as an alternative.
Thats a very good Idea. I bet they could still implement that since they said they would evolve the game around the community :)

Serious question time. Seriously.

Why are people calling this a arcade game? Is it just because there is no tuning?

Keeping the AI as a seperate topic. If I drive a car in DC like I'm supposed to the car responds like it's supposed to. Some cars are more forgiving while others will kill you. These tendencies are in line with their real world counterpart.

Resetting to the track because you went off course for three seconds is arcade to me.

Really enjoying it so far but my only gripe is the fact you can't change your colour of each car seperately. And you only have 4 customs to change for your entire set of cars :( Was hoping you would have 4 custom designs for each car!

baconcow

I did it on tour, next time I'll try it on single event.

It is very difficult on tour as you have to beat the 3 star target time and THEN beat the target time an additional 2 times. Whereas, you can drive in single event time trial like a super slow grandma and then slightly less super slow grandma and then middle-aged person, then full-out teenager to get it.

Caayn

Isnt it normal for games to get more challenging the further you progress? Otherwise it would just be the same stupid AI in faster/better cars, no?
True, however I can crank the difficulty up or down in every other game when I feel that the game isn't challenging me or is too challenging. That way a player can still enjoy all the content a game has to offer. I do understand why the option is not there, it's more of a personal peeve of mine because I never managed to complete Motorstorm pacific rift because the AI got too hard for me :(

Thats a very good Idea. I bet they could still implement that since they said they would evolve the game around the community :)
I really hope so, alternatively they could also allow one player clubs. Plenty of options available.

Dawg

Are you doing this in tour mode? Try a single event time trial on one of the circuit courses. In tour mode the time to beat is the fastest of the star times, as shown in the upper right corner. In the single event, it will show no time to beat if you've never raced that track and your first lap will set that time. Then you just need to beat your ghost on each subsequent lap. I did this last night, no problem.

But... I've been doing it in single events :(

I'll try the "no internet" thingy later today :p

I'm thinking I'll dive in too. Think I can handle no online stuff for a couple days. What's the word on visuals though? Gaf seems to be split between gorgeous and average. That's a big selling point for me with DC

You won't be blow away the first few races but as you race more and more locations and tracks open up, everything clicks and it is a sight and sound to behold. Lighting is out of this world and makes a real difference here. Racing is white knuckled and handling is spot on. I highly recommend getting the game for those on the fence. Sucks that the online is not working for me though. :(

Topi

Banned
Finished the campaign with all stars. I guess I'll do it again when I get my club online. Will I get less reputation points from events I've already completed?

Finished the campaign with all stars. I guess I'll do it again when I get my club online. Will I get less reputation points from events I've already completed?

Each star you earn nets you a bunch of fame, so redoing events you've earned the stars in won't get you as much.

DirtyLarry

Anyone know the event in SP mode that has the lightning people are talking about?
I have not had a ton of time so I just got through all the Rookie events last night, but want to see this lightning in action for myself.

XGoldenboyX

Quick impressions from my phone!

- love the game, very cool handling and when you get your hands on the audi rs5 for the first time, it's grin inducing.
- seems like there's a solid amount of content even when the online doesn't work.
- only graphical hitches I've noticed is there's a bit of aliasing. Would something like that be patch able in places?
- I'll agree with the reviewers that in later stages the AI gets very aggressive (rammy). Don't like losing thousands of points by other racers ploughing in to me.
- game looks beautiful during overcast.

Really enjoying the game.

Thank you
I miss Ridge Racer so I guess
Im buying it : )

-Amon-

At level 23 now.

Things are starting to get rough.

Knowing tracks by hand is becoming more and more important, ad it should be.

The more i drive, the more i like it.

When we'll have the complete package as intended, it will ne epic.

kyser73

Ok, I think level 11 isn't a bad start and a good time to give my son his dream feed bottle & go to bed.

I've been bake to join my Gaf club, but I'm still getting used to the handling model before I go online...don't want to disgrace myself!

Have had some real Wooooo! Moments when I've strung corners together or really held my nerve on a high speed corner...well, high speed for the hatchbacks. I can't begin to imagine what the Hypers are like!

I'm not kidding, I'm loving this game. It's just all there for me-

Looks gorgeous - I've never played a driving game where lighting really makes as much a difference to the racing. When I was doing the Scottish TT event in rookie class there was one moment when the clouds parted, full on god rays on the road. I've never seen something like that in a video game.
Handling & physics are great.
I like the AI and there may be something in the point made above about it reacting to your driving style.
Presentation ally it's great - the menus site quick & easy, and the load times & being able to just restart the event is something really special.

Right - baby bottle!

I'm also in that region which sucks. The servers still not working is really bad.
time to go cold turkey on the Tour and spend my time setting up custom events until the servers get sorted. I'm east coast US, and have only managed to get online once, for a grand total of 3 minutes.

I really want to get a club set up... fearful all the good names will be taken by the time I get online.

JamboGT

Is there actually any advantage to manual in this game? Normally it gives you an edge because you get to choose to stay in a certain gear longer or shorter but with the arcadey nature of DC it feels like more of a hassle.

I always pick manual but so far DC hasn't convinced me of the benefits.

Don't know if there is an advantage, I just like using it. I guess out of some corners you could drop a gear when required. Even in auto you can use the manual buttons to override anyway though.

Holy shit. I finished the semi-pro tournament without any problem. Then I started the next challenge and... O.O what the fuc* at the difficulty. I can barely keep the car on the road, lmao.

A friend of mine is having an error where he owns the game but when he tries to launch it, it says that he needs to buy the game.

Anybody here with the same error?

Anyone else playing with motion controls?

It feels really good. We need to build some sort of base for it to feel like a proper wheel and not a wheel you hold up in the air.

JamboGT

What even are DRS and KERS? What do they do?

DRS, Drag Reduction System, flattens the rear wing reducing drag and increasing top speed.

KERS, Kinetic Energy Recovery System, harvests energy used when braking and stores in a battery, is then used to power the driven wheels by an electric motor when the button is pressed.

Both came from F1.

le-seb

A friend of mine is having an error where he owns the game but when he tries to launch it, it says that he needs to buy the game.

Anybody here with the same error?
Looks like the license isn't attached to its console.
He may need to restore the game license or make his PS4 the main one, maybe?

Certinty

Played an hour or so and I can't understand the bad reviews, I don't think the game is great but it's definitely above average.

Anyway the colours on my game don't seem as bright and vibrant as they should be, I would turn up my TV brightness up but that would mess up the settings I have for other games which makes them look good. Is that my only option?

Leunam

What even are DRS and KERS? What do they do?

Drag Reduction System and Kinetic Energy Recovery System.

DRS reduces drag which lets you go much faster flat out at the cost of downforce.

KERS harvests energy from braking and is used as a boost to horsepower on demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom