• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read factory paint was in the garage, is there a way to enable it?

Cars have the default factory paint on, you have to use one of your slots to pick a different color, just edit one and remove the design layer, then change the paint color. Unfortunately you can't do it on a per car basis.

sbrew

Banned
Tell me about it, I tried to make a positive comment the other day, and even mention the fact that I could also not get online with Forza Horizon 2 the first 3 days after launch, which was completely the truth for myself, many of the online features of FH2 did not work for me initially (turns out it was an issue for those in the Preview program) and you would think I assaulted peoples mothers personally or some shit. It is insanity.

To be fair, problems you had because of the preview program (of which the express purpose is for finding and fixing glitches) shouldn't have been brought up in defense of Driveclub's issues. Although I'm sure they were raging asses about it on Facebook... that place has turned into Youtube comments level of depravity.

benzy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRq_MdJ7XGs

Was sweating throughout the whole race. lol

200_s.gif

Kilau

Gold Member
After being online for several hours lastnight, this morning was a total connect failure. I love this game but I really want to get my GAF club setup.

Totally agree with this.
First impression wasn't that good, but after almost 3 days i'm quite in love with the game, Driving "feels" very good. Some races are quite bland but others are absolutely spectacular.
Once dynamic weather drops in, the variety of race conditions will really give each race it's own story.
The game is good,has the right amount of challenge for me,and i'm doing the late hours because of the "one last try" effect.I'm having fun with it.

To close this post in sincere honesty, i find ridicolous to not have been able to do a single race online after 3 days. I'm sorry Rushy and all Evo team, i don't know what went wrong, but after dropping my 70€ for the game + 25 for the season pass, i'm not happy at all with the online broken and no signs of fixes\improvement as i'm writing.
This is a big letdown for me.

I'm in the same boat with you. Once the the servers are up and the weather drop this game will be beast. I have a Logitech G25 and a wheel stand pro that I can't use. This game is tempting me to drop $500 on the Thrustmaster T500RS. Paid for the Season Pass already. It's just SO good this game. Fuck the bad reviews.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm already scared. Only done the rookie cup, wanted to get all the stars before moving on, and I'm almost dreading faster cars. Maybe the tracks open up a bit to accommodate the higher speeds?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Love the way the sun interacts during a race but sometimes it backfires completely.

In a Merc AMG GT S, 12:00 on Nilgiri Hills, India.

How did you get the merc? My three cars on the notifications give errors as soon as I select them. Do you redownload them from somewhere

I'm already scared. Only done the rookie cup, wanted to get all the stars before moving on, and I'm almost dreading faster cars. Maybe the tracks open up a bit to accommodate the higher speeds?

They have some wider tracks but get used to the tight tracks. They stick around. You'll get better about navigating them and getting around the cars though.

Is it now the time to expect a compensation? I keep getting booted even from solo games due to the server problems

That's weird. I don't think I've heard anybody having that problem. It normally just tells you and you keep racing. What is it doing or saying?

CodeTalker

Neo Member
They have some wider tracks but get used to the tight tracks. They stick around. You'll get better about navigating them and getting around the cars though.

That's weird. I don't think I've heard anybody having that problem. It normally just tells you and you keep racing. What is it doing or saying?
it displays a box saying there was a network problem then sends me right back to the main menu. Happens randomly during a race in Tour mode

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
How did you get the merc? My three cars on the notifications give errors as soon as I select them. Do you redownload them from somewhere
No the AMG GT S is a separate DLC car from the preorder ones for EU, check the related items.

Still can't download the preorder cars.

Mullah88

The US (Hennessey venom gt) vs uk (mclaren P1) was fun

Lol 29 now, at work but can't stop thinking about drive club and how to get 7200 points drifting the pagani lol (last run was 7125 smh)

Theecliff

Banned
The sense of speed is fucking incredible. My god.

Been enjoying this game since last night, level 14 now. Wish the online was working though.

Is it just me or does it look better in .gifs than when playing? Though I suppose that's because one concentrates less on graphics when in the middle of trying to win races/challenges :p.

Also I restate my question from earlier. Is anyone else also getting an option to buy the game, despite having already bought it? I guess it has something to do with having bought it using the PS+ discount pre-order price, and the PSN database registers that as a separate purchase?

NHale

Evolution might have the most incompetent network engineers in the business but their circuit layout artists should get a raise. Every closed circuit track I played so far could very easily be on a Gran Turismo as a fictional track. Elevation changes, offcamber corners, fast corners mixed with tight chicanes, very technical circuits that demand complete precision. It's very hard to make fictional tracks that actually feel good to drive and Evolution seems to know how to make tracks that flow naturally.

viveks86

So what's the general view on this game? Shall I pick it up despite some of the reviews?

In general, I'd say it's very positive. Few mixed and fewer negative impressions. That's expected for any game. Now is that good enough for you to pick it up? I don't know. If you aren't sure already, then you should check the PS+ version first, whenever it's out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom