• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFootball

The Multiplayer Events list finally loaded for me...! Looks like I'll be finally racing tonight.

Gaz, Vivek, feel free to join my session ;)

ibn7bLVnOmISuo.gif

oSoLucky

One thing that fighting game training modes has spoiled me on is having a button combination to reset to neutral. This game has easily the best loading times of any racer that I've played but I really wish that I didn't have to go into the menu when I'm trying to perfect some of the challenges. Small issue, but would still shave off seconds of downtime for me.

Loudninja

To sum of some of the stuff they working on or fixing.

1.Changes to the penalty system *collision penalty issues*
2.Custom lobbies
3.Sound Mode for headset
4.Replay mode
5.Photomode
6.New HUD options
7.Throttle and brake on right stick *in discussion*
8.Weather *Rain, snow, thunder and lightning *
9.Some cars not working offline
10.Slight Freeze at the end of a race

viveks86

Lol.. I only managed to participate in ONE race... Has been failing ever since =

Yeah MP is still flaky. Clubs have been super stable though. Gonna take a break. The BHR track day event makes me want to hang myself in shame. Done 20 laps or so and still can't get gold! :'(

Antti

I dunno what the hell you guys are doing but I just did a 3:32.516 on my first try and it felt slow as hell lol

3:29.289

3:27.455

Has anyone had any luck returning the digital version of this game on the fact that he online stuff is so fucked?

Monad

GUYS, NEW 1.04 UPDATE WITH FREE CARS (JAGUAR F-TYPE FTW), WEATHER, PHOTOMODE AND SERVERS ARE NOW ONLINE, EVOLUTION DO IT AFTER ALL!!!!!!!

GO GO GO!!! LOOK AT THIS

15505622511_34628862ef_o.jpg

Nah, just kidding, still offline here. :(

Sulaco

With the latest update there are borders around the screen now (I have just scan on my TV). Doesn't seem to be 1080p anymore.

VanWinkle

GUYS, NEW 1.04 UPDATE WITH FREE CARS (JAGUAR F-TYPE FTW), WEATHER, PHOTOMODE AND SERVERS ARE NOW ONLINE, EVOLUTION DO IT AFTER ALL!!!!!!!

GO GO GO!!! LOOK AT THIS

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5610/15505622511_34628862ef_o.jpg[/IMG
[/QUOTE]

Did the graphics get a downgrade, too? :(

nasanu

Banned
Whats your time and car? See if I can top it.
prolly not

3:44.162. Not all that great! :)

Oo. I got 3:41:553.
I'll go again. That one is fun. I had a spin out on the last turn. Think I can shave one more second off.

Edit: Nice. 3:40.895.

It's so intense! My legs start straightening near the finish line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJGYorOn9k&feature=youtu.be - I stupidly forgot that I had sound through the controller, so.. Yeah silent video :(

3:37.506

Wrong car dude... But whatever, I'll switch cars. Should be able to smash that, I was tried and a little drunk when i set my last time. But who knows maybe that is when I am best haha.

"The recordings were so accurate that BMW and Mercedes-Benz AMG requested copies to replace their existing library."

Ok that's pretty impressive

and yet, we have people says that car sounds are bad ?! I don't understand it anymore, 99% of negatives about this games seems baseless to me (AI - Open World - Sound), hell some people went to say some abstract things just to bash the game like character and feeling. I bought the game and I was seriously astonished by the amount of detail and polish that Evo put in it. Gameplay has exceeded my wildest expectations...I'm having a blast with this game similar to how I felt playing GT2 on PS1.

DC is not perfect, not even close but I can say with complete confidence that its a pretty damn good racer. actually on of the best I played in the last 5 years or so.

Loudninja

and yet, we have people says that car sounds are bad ?! I don't understand it anymore, 99% of negatives about this games seems baseless to me (AI - Open World - Sound), hell some people went to say some abstract things just to bash the game like character and feeling. I bought the game and I was seriously astonished by the amount of detail and polish that Evo put in it. Gameplay has exceeded my wildest expectations...I'm having a blast with this game similar to how I felt playing GT2 on PS1.

DC is not perfect, not even close but I can say with complete confidence that its a pretty damn good racer. actually on of the best I played in the last 5 years or so.
I do see some legitimize criticisms though alto which they are already working on.

But yeah I agree.

I dunno what the hell you guys are doing but I just did a 3:32.516 on my first try and it felt slow as hell lol

3:29.289

3:27.455

Holy shit! What are you driving.? I had like a flawless run and 3:37 I though was good, 3:27? Holy balls!. I will try and top that when I unlock the RUF. No way in hell could I do that with the Vanquish or Lotus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZJGYorOn9k&feature=youtu.be - I stupidly forgot that I had sound through the controller, so.. Yeah silent video :(

3:37.506

Wrong car dude... But whatever, I'll switch cars. Should be able to smash that, I was tried and a little drunk when i set my last time. But who knows maybe that is when I am best haha.

3:38.019
in the aston vanquish
lots of mistakes just have to string together one without any....

Wish I could tell the difference between the green and yellow (I have color deficiency; even the red is sometimes hard to tell apart). :(
I'm not colorblind so forgive my ignorance, but haven't other games figured out pretty easy solutions to this? It has to be frustrating that these simple implementations are missing.

nib95

Banned
Anyone else feel this game has some of the best tracks ever put in a racing game? Just did one of the Canada tracks, I think a reverse one, which was downhill the majority of the track and quite long to boot. Suffice to say, just sublime. The back drops, awe inspiring scope, visuals, details, foliage, choice of corners, elevation changes, extreme speeds etc. Magnificent stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom