• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything is possible with Hennessy Venom.
Even temporary no-handed drifts, whilst pointing!

iouzik.gif

Anything is possible with Hennessy Venom.
Sony should consider some No Man's Sky cross-promotion where if you hit top speed in the Venom you just launch into orbit and launch that game right then and there.

The car actually sounds like a rocket taking off as it is. Or at minimum like starting up a Ghostbuster's proton pack. Unnervingly awesome.

Even temporary no-handed drifts, whilst pointing!
Thats what I'm talking about - best damn hands-on-steering-wheel action out there, bar none.

Just got into Challenges for the first time. You can make ones out of previous races in your Event History? That's fucking great! Means you can just play the game and make a challenge from it later down the track.

Loudninja

Sony should consider some No Man's Sky cross-promotion where if you hit top speed in the Venom you just launch into orbit and launch that game right then and there.

The car actually sounds like a rocket taking off as it is. Or at minimum like starting up a Ghostbuster's proton pack. Unnervingly awesome.
Some feed me videos of this legendary car please!

I dont think it goes like this. in fact this is my biggest problem with the game.
example (I did this test before replying to you, so maybe you can replicate):
I went and picked the maplewood motorsport park (canadian pro hotlap event)
the game always starts me in shitty light conditions where saturation is removed and I cant see shit.
BUT
if I have the ...patience to endure this ...torture, than after about 15-20 laps there is some decent light and at that point I can shave the 2 seconds I was missing all the previous time I was running in the dark.

That's the best thing about the game, you waited out on the track 45-60 minutes (approx. 3 minute lap) to post a good time. And still the time keeps changing so you'd only have a small window where the lighting is optimum.

The same will happen when the weather patch is implemented, you can wait out on track till the rain stops to post a better time. It's like F1 qualifying, especially with community challenges because there's always an end time.

In this game the variables are the lighting conditions and the weather, the non-variables are the car setups. My opinion for a game that's about setting and beating challenges that's a good choice, for you it's not.

Auctopus

It actually sounds like it's running on rocket fuel.

Some feed me videos of this legendary car please!

The gifs that Mangochutney has been posting are the Venom.

Ugh, the mood here is beginning to feel like the endless wait for the gates to be opened outside away stadiums in soccer/football when the already drunk people start to lose their patience & minds.
So come on Evo, please let us in. I wanna cheer on my club.

Phionoxx

Anyone else having any issues with Clubs after the latest patch? I was in a club pre-patch and now today it's acting like I'm not in a club. Did I get kicked out of the club or does this happen when the servers are acting up?

I'm hooked on this game. I'm enjoying just doing single point to point time trials and not actually doing the trial. Basically driving at really nice times of the day and taking in the views. It doesn't get old! Cannot wait for the weather update and photo mode to drop, and then the whole new location.

Made this just too, hope you guys don't mind me posting it. Thought it was quite relaxing to watch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0m_Qhi8lKM

EDIT: I'm bad at driving I know (I rarely play racing games)

viveks86

Norsk hillclimb was intense. One of my favorite time trials so far.

Just got into Challenges for the first time. You can make ones out of previous races in your Event History? That's fucking great! Means you can just play the game and make a challenge from it later down the track.

Whoa! I've never seen the damn thing enabled after the few hours of launch. Progress! If only I could connect...

Bought this game and am really impressed. It's got a lot of issues, but the core driving mechanics to me feel really satisfying. The graphics range from good to spectacular, depending on the time of day and subsequent lighting. I feel a little bad for Evolution because I can't help but feel that with some very minor changes and the inclusion of features that appear to be nearly finished (such as weather), the game would have been fantastic. The music is terrible though, I can't bare it. I'm confident that once everything has been ironed out, it's going to get the respect I feel it deserves. I'm having a blast with it and look forward to playing the game as it was intended.

oSoLucky

I've been online since the patch but the club level keeps updating unevenly. It says 12 on the profile and when I complete some events then it will all of a sudden go down to 10. I even "re-leveled" it from 10 to 11 and unlocked things that were already open. In the profile it still says 12 and it went back to 10 again. These are some JWong level mind games.

Norsk hillclimb was intense. One of my favorite time trials so far.
Just finished this ten seconds ago in the Lotus and damn yeah (3:43s). Its came down to handling that tunnel in the beginning - which becomes less forgiving towards the exit, the blind turn afterwards (stay right!) and the final long snow-banky bend before the checkered strip. So damn good.

oSoLucky

Trying for gold on this Spyker drift is going to make me pull my hair out. I really suck at holding long drifts. 5500-5800 most attempts, nowhere close to 6700 yet.

viveks86

No dodge cars please :p

Uh oh

Just finished this ten seconds ago in the Lotus and damn yeah (3:43s). Its came down to handling that tunnel in the beginning - which becomes less forgiving towards the exit, the blind turn afterwards (stay right!) and the final long snow-banky bend before the checkered strip. So damn good.

Nice. I'm 1 second behind. Made a lot of avoidable mistakes. Will probably go back to it later once everything starts working properly. Should be fun chasing your ghost! :)

Perhaps Evolution Studios should give up on this whole, "making games" thing. They obviously just can't do it anymore.
If they had any class or dignity they would pull the game (and the insulting season pass) from the digital store and admit they don't know what they are doing.

Maybe they should start with an iOS or OUYA game and see how that goes....

I can't believe I bought this game, sight unseen, and fell for this shit.
Lesson learned.
neogaf shit post. A lot of us bought the game as well kid, and sure, its disappointing the mp is not yet stable... But it is not as disappointing as your cry baby temper tantrum post.

I love the in car view but I never know how fast I'm going because the dials are tiny. Some cars are in kph and others are in mph which only adds to the confusion.

Loudninja

Rush mentioned that this update was only so that they could diagnose the problem and not to fix the server this time around. I am extremely supportive of Paul and his team, but this is a little worrying. I really hope they get this out in a day.
It was in the patch notes,somehow I know this and dont even have the game yet ;)

This is what the issue to be doing attacking the issue from various points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom