• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

A few suggestions for improvements / expansions to driveclub popped up in the online sesh we had the other night so I thought I'd share the wisdom(!?!) on here to see what peeps think / likelyhood of them happening etc...

1. AnythingBut - Paid track editor app. If they made one would you buy it? How much would you be willing to pay? GPS version so you can drive a real life road and get it accurately mapped into the game?

2. Shannow - Block players. I believe some games allow you to block a player that you've had issue with so you never have to race against them again. The ability to block some of the worst online bashing cheaters or just render them ghosted would be great for those of us who like to race clean.

3. Ainsz - Why don't online time trials count towards the records? It's not like you can draft or get any kind of advantage and it'd be good to see where your laps rank in the world at the end.

4. IKizzLE - Not mentioned in this sesh but several times before, please can we have a lap time summary at the end of a race...

Anyone else got any to add?

I'd love Evo to rip off Gotham TV from PGR3. Being told your MP race was being featured on Gotham TV was really cool. Some nights I'd just watch MP races on Gotham TV. More action than F1 these days

dreamstation

Gold Member
I forgot about this afterwards but Ainsz and I got hit by the mysterious corner penalty bug on the private server sesh we had the other night.

Check out the vid from the 2:10 mark and see Ainsz get ghosted whilst never leaving the track and I seem to be a bit harshly punished too.

Did you have penalties set to relaxed by any chance? We've had the same issue in our private lobby a month or so back where we were all getting hit by random corner penalties when we were smack bang in the middle of the track. It happened to most people in the private lobby and nearly always at the same spots. We were on the same track as you were too, Cayoosh. I mentioned it to Rushy who asked for a video but I never got any response after that. Leaving penalties set to normal we don't seem to get it anymore.

This video is what I sent to Rushy. It doesn't say corner penalty on the screen as this footage was captured from the replay. But it did say corner penalty on the screen when it happened and everyone was mentioning it over voice chat wondering what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrFkFERUCs

Did you have penalties set to relaxed by any chance? We've had the same issue in our private lobby a month or so back where we were all getting hit by random corner penalties when we were smack bang in the middle of the track. It happened to most people in the private lobby and nearly always at the same spots. We were on the same track as you were too, Cayoosh. I mentioned it to Rushy who asked for a video but I never got any response after that. Leaving penalties set to normal we don't seem to get it anymore.

This video is what I sent to Rushy. It doesn't say corner penalty on the screen as this footage was captured from the replay. But it did say corner penalty on the screen when it happened and everyone was mentioning it over voice chat wondering what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrFkFERUCs

AnythingBut was the host but I'm pretty sure that you're right and the penalties were set to relaxed - it actually happens to you a little further on but in the same general area. Sounds like you done some research into this, good catch :)

If it was a early on race then they were set to relaxed, changed to standard later on.

Side note, got a set of hyperx cloud's today, bloody lovely sounding set of cans, thought my gold's were ok but in a direct comparison these are just a different class!

NJShadow

I was really happy with these, for some reason. I've got a few different color variations for each (with the exception of the first) if anyone needs it for a red DRIVECLUB theme.

CZ8QX1QUEAA8FA_.jpg:orig

CZ8Qf97UkAEU_dS.jpg:orig

CZ8RLz3WcAAFXie.jpg:orig

AMG

Neo Member
On a side note, I really wish Evo could offer alloy wheel options for the cars that have them so that we can choose the one we like best out of the manufacturer official options. I was looking at an AMG GTS with different wheels and it looked different just because of the wheels and because almost everyone else has bought one with the matt black mesh/crisscross design. lol!!

So have they said anything about fixing drift cheaters in the near future? Seems like the way drift score is recorded should be a top priority at this point.

I was really happy with these, for some reason. I've got a few different color variations for each (with the exception of the first) if anyone needs it for a red DRIVECLUB theme.

CZ8QX1QUEAA8FA_.jpg:orig

CZ8Qf97UkAEU_dS.jpg:orig

CZ8RLz3WcAAFXie.jpg:orig

Those are very nice!!

Bouniter

Just managed to push myself up into third in the challenge Sirenity and Ainsz are just a a little to quick for me so props guys your blisteringly fast.

Still as I don't own bikes and having only spent an hour or so on them before this challenge I'm really happy with it. Fingers crossed I can keep it.

Just managed to push myself up into third in the challenge Sirenity and Ainsz are just a a little to quick for me so props guys your blisteringly fast.

Still as I don't own bikes and having only spent an hour or so on them before this challenge I'm really happy with it. Fingers crossed I can keep it.

Very well done bud, especially as you dont own the bikes yet! You're gonna need it for the next challenge tho...

Another bike challenge? :(

Well the plan at the moment is to keep switching the type of challenge, and we haven't done a motorbike skill challenge or a race event with either vehicle. We've done 2 car events and then 1 of 2 bike events, changing the challenge type every time.

It's still a learning experience at the mo for the best way forward, but the drift challenge proved a lot more popular than I expected and brought new guys in, maybe the bike skill challenge will do the same.

farmerboy

That's a creepy avatar Ainsz.

Did I come last again? LOL. Not a real fan of the bikes, though I probably should at least play them a bit more.

OK firstly thank you to everyone who entered, and very well done to Sirenty in claiming his first win. Ainsz put up a great fight only to fall short by 3 hundreds of a second and Bouniter claimed a surprise 3rd considering he doesn't even own the bike expansion! Vaga and Sigswat551 closed out the top 5 with another couple of strong performances.

So the leaderboard now looks like this, with the 3 event winners filling the top 3 spots - Ainsz leads with Sirenty 2nd but their consistent top performances have given them a sizeable lead over PDogg in 3rd. Vaga and Sigswat551 are the two best competitors not to have won a challenge yet.

Screenshot_2016_01_31_20_34_21.png

OK as hinted at earlier, this week is a bike skill challenge using the Bimota BB3 on Holmastad.

https://youtu.be/5M1Ih1SHWZ8

Within 15 mins of posting this it'd already been beaten by xrnzaaas and Ainsz by a sizeable margin so you probably won't find this too hard to beat!

The challenges have all been sent so you should've received yours - as usual any problems then let me know and I'll forward it on to you.... And of course if you fancy having a go and aren't on the list just message me and I'll get you added.

Sirenty

Well done Sirenty, was a good battle we had there. On to the next one!

Yes, definitely a good one. You had me by 3 thousandths last night and I kept hosing the bridge trying to get it back. Knowing how good you are on the bridge, I've been nervous all day since I couldn't play. :)

Captured on a private lobby race the other evening with vix,ainsz and a few others, 1st time i noticed the low lying mist over the trees. :)

eWx5s5q.png

desu

Captured on a private lobby race the other evening with vix,ainsz and a few others, 1st time i noticed the low lying mist over the trees. :)

Was the low mist in some of the stages present from the first day? I noticed it last year and was surprised I had never seen in like the 6 months I had played DC before.

Skill mode gives me such bad aches in my hand from gripping too tight.

Was the low mist in some of the stages present from the first day? I noticed it last year and was surprised I had never seen in like the 6 months I had played DC before.
Yes. I think it depends on the cloud cover type you select, and also time of day. Pretty sure that was spot used in one of the pre-release trailers.

xrnzaaas

I'm lovin' the current challenge. What's great about it is that I can fight for a good result in most runs and not have to worry about messing everything up in the end like in the last one. ;p

JamboGT

Seen this video before in it's original form, is a from a clip video for the Isle of Man TT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcSnu-zyUl4 thought that video has footage from a few other races in it. Also there is one particularly bad crash in that video, that was Conor Cummins who has recovered and is racing again after breaking his back and multiple other bones.

One final thing is that Polyphony Digital teams were on the Isle of Man scanning the track, so.......

One final thing is that Polyphony Digital teams were on the Isle of Man scanning the track, so.......
Nice! One of the GT Sport fotos was on the roads surrounding the Nürburgring (the area that was the Südschleife maybe?). It was a in-game car photoshopped into a real world image for promotion.

Bouniter

OK firstly thank you to everyone who entered, and very well done to Sirenty in claiming his first win. Ainsz put up a great fight only to fall short by 3 hundreds of a second and Bouniter claimed a surprise 3rd considering he doesn't even own the bike expansion! Vaga and Sigswat551 closed out the top 5 with another couple of strong performances.

Thanks for the shout out DHC honestly it was a huge surprise to me as well, when I first tried the challenge I couldn't even break the 1:38 barrier and it wasn't until the last day that I got the first corner down.

That being said now I've been peer pressured into buying the Bikes =b its time to see if I'm any good at the skill challenge. Any tips or quirks I should know about in the scoring system for this one as a complete newbie?

I have to unlock the bike to ahhh time for some endurance races.

Thanks for the shout out DHC honestly it was a huge surprise to me as well, when I first tried the challenge I couldn't even break the 1:38 barrier and it wasn't until the last day that I got the first corner down.

That being said now I've been peer pressured into buying the Bikes =b its time to see if I'm any good at the skill challenge. Any tips or quirks I should know about in the scoring system for this one as a complete newbie?

I have to unlock the bike to ahhh time for some endurance races.

If I remember correctly you unlock the BB3 pretty quickly on the tour - just checked it out and its the 3rd one you get so shouldn't take you too long. I'm prolly not the best for tips on skill events, just be aware that the events are timed so you can't take too long (lesson learned from the drifts?) and its best to start your wheelie or stoppie before the zone starts to maximise your time.

Hey, DHC:

dcwismq.jpg

luigi.gif

Lol I guess first one with the score retains the position :)

As I need some incentive to get back to Driveclub, could you please add me in? My PSN is Tommi_84 (original, I know ;) )

Righto, I'll get it sent as soon as Psn comes back up.

I'm lovin' the current challenge. What's great about it is that I can fight for a good result in most runs and not have to worry about messing everything up in the end like in the last one. ;p

Hmmmm.......the last long stretch after the wheelie part is actually very important. You have to be super smooth in order to maximise your speed when hitting the speed trap just before the finish. It adds a fair amount to your score.

xrnzaaas

Hmmmm.......the last long stretch after the wheelie part is actually very important. You have to be super smooth in order to maximise your speed when hitting the speed trap just before the finish. It adds a fair amount to your score.
Well yes :) what I meant is that not doing great in the last sector will result in losing "only" a few hundred points, not in getting a pathetic result like in the last one :)

Well yes :) what I meant is that not doing great in the last sector will result in losing "only" a few hundred points, not in getting a pathetic result like in the last one :)

That's true. In the previous challenge the last two corners after the bridge were the all or nothing point for a good score.

xrnzaaas

Scratch my last comment... this is last week's challenge all over again. I'm doing fine in the first three parts (on par or even +100-200) and wasting good results in the final speed trap (up to -600-800). :p

Scratch my last comment... this is last week's challenge all over again. I'm doing fine in the first three parts (on par or even +100-200) and wasting good results in the final speed trap (up to -600-800). :p

Haha....you need to get the exit of the wheelie super clean. No wobbles or tire spin and then a clean line without too much banking of the bike towards the finish. Good luck!

Yeah challenges always get like this as you get closer to the limits :) The last challenge was more of a git as the bridge section was so tricky to get perfect.

xrnzaaas

Yeah this week isn't so bad on my nerves and I'll be trying to improve my score from day 1. Last week I just gave up after one loooong evening of setting times, because I kept destroying my promising attempts in the bridge section. ;p

Haha....you need to get the exit of the wheelie super clean. No wobbles or tire spin and then a clean line without too much banking of the bike towards the finish. Good luck!
I found the need for a good exit from the wheelie section wasn't needed. The bike can get up to speed quickly enough, more down to as you say how much you're banking as you take the last bend.

You really need to straighten yourself as much as you can as you pass the trap for that extra couple of MPH.

Are you still in the lead? What MPH are you typically passing it at? I'm going 163-165.

Top Bottom