• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

EYEL1NER

matmanx1 said:
I only have about 750 kills online but I'm already at 60 missions completed. Focus more on the bosses and less on the fodder! =)

Euro PSN has the DLC but not us? I wonder what's up with that?
Yeah, I know I can get through Ultimate Enemy in ~30 seconds depending on who is in there with me. I have only really gone online so far to rack up cash though. Someone like Glemy or Seabook or someone that I don't care about pops up for a History mission and then I grind some money to pay for a Rank 4 suit and the 30,000G training to unlock their full combo chain.

This weekend I'll probably grind out the other missions I need online, before it starts getting harder to get into games.

daffy

Banned
OP Update :

283978_10150319874211163_48306691162_9892008_5983335_n.jpg

$.99 | € .99
Mission 01 - “Fortress Infiltration: Blaze of Glory” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. This is a top secret mission. Infiltrate the enemy fortress and retrieve any information you can find about the “Legend of the Mysterious Planet.” Work together with a certain ace pilot and do your best to find the information. Defeat the enemies guarding the fortress and help the only other person that managed to make their way into the fortress before you!

Mission 02 - “Fortress Infiltration: Solo Assault” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. This is a top secret mission. Infiltrate the enemy fortress and retrieve any information you can find about the “Legend of the Mysterious Planet.” Work together with a certain ace pilot and do your best to find the information. Fight off the enemy forces into the depths of the fortress and provide support for the single pilot coming in after you!

Mission 03 - “Proving Your Worth as an Ace Pilot” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. In this mission you must destroy 1,000 enemies to prove your worth as an ace pilot. In this mission, your offensive approach is vital. By advancing forward without fear not only will you grow one step closer to becoming an ace pilot, but you will learn how to take it to the next level when necessary.

Mission 04 - “The Time of War” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. Have you earned the title of the True Dynasty Warrior Gundam? Or are you still in training under your master…? In this mission you follow the story of an ace pilot who is striving to become the True Dynasty Warrior Gundam.

Mission 05 - Acguy vs. Acguy” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. This is a mission for Acguys only. Take control of an Acguy, defeat the enemy Acguys, and lead the allied Acguys to victory!

Mission 06 - “The Legend of the Fastest, Strongest Mobile Suit” Extra Mission – This is an extra mission. Tune your Gundam to perfection and prove to the world that you are the fastest and the strongest. The race starts whenever you are ready!

dwg3dlc004.jpg

€ 3.99 | $5.99
Mobile Suit Pack 01 - Unlocks Susanowo and its pilot Mister Bushido from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 as a playable character!

Darn I forgot who his identity was in the anime, I barely even started season 2 and my memory is hazy on the ending of season 1. Definitely will pick up on pay day, if I remember in two weeks.

Ken

Dedication Through Light said:
Darn I forgot who his identity was in the anime

It's
Graham Aker, the guy who piloted a bunch of Flags in S1 and was constantly infatuated with Gundam.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There is no real point they just provide commentary. There seems to be some specific dialogue lines with certain pilot / operator combinations which is kinda cool (unless I'm going crazy and just imagining it).

Finally platinumed this game last night. Last mission was really intense. Wish there were more that difficult.

darkside31337 said:
There is no real point they just provide commentary. There seems to be some specific dialogue lines with certain pilot / operator combinations which is kinda cool (unless I'm going crazy and just imagining it).

Finally platinumed this game last night. Last mission was really intense. Wish there were more that difficult.

But... You need a lvl 5 friendship to get most the operators, wtf is the point in that?! I had hoped it would be something cool/useful...

S. L.

i don't know. i just can't stop playing.
there is something immensely satisfying about plowing trough endless amounts of enemies.
pretty close to platinum now - the first game i'll ever platinum :D

Tizoc

Does difficulty affect how much EXP I gain?
Started doing Memorial missions after having completed the first 2 'story' missions, had I known what bonuses they offered, I would've played them sooner lol.
Good thing I started with them before doing Collection missions at least.
Rather enjoying it, but...I will most likely not platinum it (and will sell it off when i finish getting enough trophies in it).
Non the less it's fun blowing up other robots ^_^v

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't think it does, honestly though definitely hit the online play at least as soon as you unlock Rank 4. The XP is a ton better and so is the money. If you're going for the online play trophies just grind out the giant mecha missions, they will literally end in like less than a minute.

The Platinum is a serious grind. I definitely put in a little more than a 100 hours for it.

Tizoc

darkside31337 said:
I don't think it does, honestly though definitely hit the online play at least as soon as you unlock Rank 4. The XP is a ton better and so is the money. If you're going for the online play trophies just grind out the giant mecha missions, they will literally end in like less than a minute.

The Platinum is a serious grind. I definitely put in a little more than a 100 hours for it.
Really? OK then I'll try playing online 2morrow thanks.

S. L.

i think i got the platinum with around 80h
the only time it felt grind'isch to me were when i tried to unlock the zaku II / ball challenge missions, else it was fine

Tizoc

Got a question for those in the know of Gundam; what's the deal with Char's eyewear/helmet in the early series? Why did he wear it at the time, and why did he stop wearing by the time of Char's Counterattack?

Tizoc said:
Got a question for those in the know of Gundam; what's the deal with Char's eyewear/helmet in the early series? Why did he wear it at the time, and why did he stop wearing by the time of Char's Counterattack?

Mostly to hide his identity, but there's probably also psychological aspect too. He doesn't wear it when he's acting out his own intentions either.

Tizoc

33-Hit-Combo said:
Mostly to hide his identity, but there's probably also psychological aspect too. He doesn't wear it when he's acting out his own intentions either.
Hiding his identity sounds understandable for the first series seeing who he really is.

I need some help with licenses =_=
Mainly, I want to know which MSes belong to which Pilot, like what are Jerrid's MS that have a license I can unlock.

One more thing: Are there missions that unlock once I play with an MS for a certain number of time?

MechaX

mintylurb said:
Kshatriya hands down. Servaee's attacks are slow and nowhere as destructive as Kshatryia's.

I bought the Kshatryia and at first I was pretty lukewarm on the unit.

But then I started to upgrade it and leveled up Marida (I had a shit load of money to spare, thank god for the training option) so she can learn the full combos and charge moves.

Now all I have to say is holy sheeeeeet son. This thing is a monster.

Tizoc

Could someone help me out with some stuff please?
1- How do I unlock the Friendship missions for Scirocco, Haman and Gym G.? I need to get these 3 to Level 5 Friendship in order to finish some History missions.
2- What must I do to get Musha Gundam I and II in the Lab for development?
3- Any tips for completing the Challenge missions? Who's the best pilot and MS to use for them?

Tizoc said:
1- How do I unlock the Friendship missions for Scirocco, Haman and Gym G.? I need to get these 3 to Level 5 Friendship in order to finish some History missions.
2- What must I do to get Musha Gundam I and II in the Lab for development?
3- Any tips for completing the Challenge missions? Who's the best pilot and MS to use for them?

For friendship, just play as them and use them as partners. Try not to use training much. To actually unlock their friendship missions it seems to be fairly random. You just need to do missions and also rank up friendships. I've gotten to the stage where I have no new missions, but still have to unlock some.

To get the Musha's you just need to fight and beat them to get plans. To fight them, they're mostly found in the Challenge missions.

To complete MS specific challenges, be sure to get a rank 4 plan with lots of addons, then pimp the shit out of it. Also make sure to buy pilot power ups too. Finally equip a half decent partner and rely on them as an interruption in boss battles, rather than for attk dmg. For the initial challenges, STICK WITH YOUR BOSS!

Tizoc

33-Hit-Combo said:
For friendship, just play as them and use them as partners. Try not to use training much. To actually unlock their friendship missions it seems to be fairly random. You just need to do missions and also rank up friendships. I've gotten to the stage where I have no new missions, but still have to unlock some.
Thanks, would playing as the characters I want to unlock Friendship missions, online, help in having them show up?

To get the Musha's you just need to fight and beat them to get plans. To fight them, they're mostly found in the Challenge missions.
Odd I fought against both Musha's when their mission showed up but didn't get their plans. Will play again and see if I get them.

To complete MS specific challenges, be sure to get a rank 4 plan with lots of addons, then pimp the shit out of it. Also make sure to buy pilot power ups too. Finally equip a half decent partner and rely on them as an interruption in boss battles, rather than for attk dmg. For the initial challenges, STICK WITH YOUR BOSS!
Heh that seems to be my plan ATM.

BTW I've only got Challenge missions ATM, how do I unlock History missions for Post ZZ and Turn A?

mintylurb

Tizoc said:
Level 4 almost maxed out burning Gundang + Domon. Then spam c4 = profit.

TGMIII

Quick question, me and a friend want to play this co-op but all I'm seeing are 15 co-op missions right now. Is that really all there is or is there more to unlock?

S. L.

Tizoc said:
Thanks, would playing as the characters I want to unlock Friendship missions, online, help in having them show up?
yes - but i think it is slower (or at least it feels slower)

Odd I fought against both Musha's when their mission showed up but didn't get their plans. Will play again and see if I get them.
you have to beat the Trials of xxx challenge missions for them to unlock

Heh that seems to be my plan ATM.

BTW I've only got Challenge missions ATM, how do I unlock History missions for Post ZZ and Turn A?
lots of friendship lvl 5

sixclaws

Banned
awwyeahgurrl said:
Quick question, me and a friend want to play this co-op but all I'm seeing are 15 co-op missions right now. Is that really all there is or is there more to unlock?

There are a lot more co-op missions then the 15 you're seeing. To unlock more you need to complete some of the co-op missions, do some single player missions, or unlock some by meeting certain requirements like playing certain suits a number of times.. All the story missions are co-op too. Though take note that the history missions are single player only.

Tizoc

mintylurb said:
Level 4 almost maxed out burning Gundang + Domon. Then spam c4 = profit.
Haha I thought Burning Gundam's S, S, S, T combo was useful, but the Burning Gundam I had wasn't THAT buffed up.
Will go make one soon.

Coxy

Tizoc said:
Haha I thought Burning Gundam's S, S, S, T combo was useful, but the Burning Gundam I had wasn't THAT buffed up.
Will go make one soon.

use the magnetism skill and mash triangle, it's ridiculous

Tizoc said:
Will go make one soon.

If you are having difficulty, and you can select unique suits, Unicorn. Pimp it's final special and sniper. The machine is GODLIKE and way overpowered. Can easily do challenges using low level characters too!

Also my mistake on the Musha unlock info. I did all the challenges in one go, so am confused. Obviously once you unlock one plan, you can use it and unlock more.

Tizoc

Played some Challenges and at long freaking last I managed to get Haman and Scirocco's friendship missions, as well as more History missions.
lol @ Seabook having only 1 History mission.
Gonna go play some more Challenges to try and unlock more stuff.
BTW does the amount of G you acquire start to decrease if you go from playing in Hard to Easy/Normal? I was playing some challenges and getting 15k+ G, but when I went to play History missions on Easy, I only get 5k-9k.

Finally; any tips to make fighting the giant MSes easier? Friggin' Big Zam killed me =_=

Again... Use Unicorn :D It'll beast everything including big bosses.

As for other suits, I'd recommend starting your chain combos further away than usual, so you can execute your triangle attack before it tries to counter you. Also build up SP using the fodder on the other side of the arena.

Also add ons and skills obviously.. If there's a normal suit in there too, be cheap and just shoot it from outside the arena.

S. L.

Finally; any tips to make fighting the giant MSes easier? Friggin' Big Zam killed me =_=[/QUOTE]
little giant skill
and better mobile suit :p

Tizoc

I keep forgetting I bought that skill XD.
OK finished all History missions and now I got no missions to do, so I'll be playing online from now on =/
Will rack up G and then purcahse all licenses and develop MSes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How come only the price of the X360 version has dropped in the UK, this sucks.

Anilusion

This game is on sale for £15 on Zavvi/TheHut right now. I'm thinking of picking it up, but I have no gundam experience what so ever, and I've played a few hours of Dynasty Warriors in my life (pretty enjoyable hours though). Would you recommend this game? I've heard some people say it's repetitive? Which version would you recommend, 360 or PS3?

Netto-kun

The Hut shipped my copy Wednesday. Should get it in 10-30 days.

Anilusion said:
This game is on sale for £15 on Zavvi/TheHut right now. I'm thinking of picking it up, but I have no gundam experience what so ever, and I've played a few hours of Dynasty Warriors in my life (pretty enjoyable hours though). Would you recommend this game? I've heard some people say it's repetitive? Which version would you recommend, 360 or PS3?
I am in the same boat as you (my only experience with Gundam being the original and G Gundam). I've only played a few hours of co-op Dynasty Warrior 6 and co-op Sengoku Basara 2/3 and enjoyed all of them. Just keep in mind that it might get repetitive in the long run. As for which version to buy; no idea about the technical stuffs, at least PS3 version has free online play.

Edit: Late typo fix.

Neki

Tizoc said:
DAMNIT ARTHUN I USED YOU IN 7 ONLINE BATTLES, BE FRIENDLIER WITH ME ALREADY!
it's because his heart hasn't found what it really wants, and his inner struggle with himself is preventing him from being friends. ;)

Xater

Ultimoo said:
it's because his heart hasn't found what it really wants, and his inner struggle with himself is preventing him from being friends. ;)
I laughed, then cried...

Has anyone gotten the Platinum in this? I kinda stopped playing after 60 hours. Enough bang for my buck to be honest.

Coxy

Xater said:
I laughed, then cried...

Has anyone gotten the Platinum in this? I kinda stopped playing after 60 hours. Enough bang for my buck to be honest.

I got it, it was really fun right up until the last few missions I had to unlock by
doing 20 missions each in suits like ball and kapool :(

Top Bottom