• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
Cool Spot Remastered
latest

"They just don't make 'em like CoolSpot anymore!"

Actually I haven't really been optimistic at all about seeing anything for Battlefront or Mass Effect but some people's optimism have kind of gotten me excited, wishful thinking maybe, but hype is fun.

Eolz

That tweet is showing a lot of cockiness from the DICE of last year who were humbly trying to do their best at such a well love franchise (and after BF4 MP fiasco).

I remember their horrible tweets about the WiiU and BF4, but this doesn't sound like cockiness. Just like devs really happy with their work after spending hours tweaking a little bit here and a little bit there of a level.
Nothing wrong with that, especially since it's a dev account, and not an official one.

GameSeeker

Battlefront coming along well ;)

a7ENltp.png

Given that Battlefront is BF 4.5 (Hardline being BF 4.1), it's not surprising that it's coming along nicely. DICE just needs to finish the Star Wars skins, sounds and music. It will play just like BF4, so they don't need to change netcode or game logic.

The Star Wars veneer will cause this to sell much, much better than Hardline.

Wrynnax

Sony:

- Naughty Dog collection announced: Crash 1/2/3, Jak 1/2/3, Uncharted 1/2/3 and TLOU, all HD versions or remasterd, coming this Q4 2015 (this one is a bit over the top I think)
- Followed by UC4 gameplay showing a set piece, and then...multiplayer demo. Looks to have learned a lot from Last of us multiplayer.
- Guerilla's Horizon gets a trailer and gameplay segment shown: Q1 2016
- Destiny expansion shown, there's a story this time!
- Star wars Battlefront timed DLC for PS4
- First big PS+ games are coming starting with AC: Black flag in July and then in August Infamous: Second Son
- Morpheus segment: final specs and price revealed
- No Man's Sky confirmed for Morpheus, maybe as a pack-in game.
- The Witness finally releases this fall, already future proofed for Morpheus.
- London studios Morpheus game
- Indie montage for Morpheus
- Indie montage for non-Morpheus
- 3rd party production manager (Gianni Corsi?) comes out and amazes us all with unexpected ports
- Tim Schafer on stage: Psychonauts 2 is coming; PS4/Vita Exclusive (and that's the only time Vita will get mentioned)
- More details on Wild, gameplay shown.
- One more thing: Teaser for the Last Guardian, more info to come at TGS.

Microsoft:
- Halo, Halo, Halo: they will hammer this in your throat. It's te exclusive to get on any platform this holiday season
- Tomb Raider: Gameplay shown and trailer
- Quantum Break: more gameplay and release date confirmed to be in 2016
- Forza
- Joe Montana Football: the surprise announcment GAf already knows 3 months n advance.
- Hololens also coming to Xbox One, spearheaded by Rare
- Unprecedented partnership with EA, just not for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Indies!
- One more thing: Gears of war Collection, teaser for the new one

Nintendo:
- They're the wildcard, it's anyone's guess what they will announce. So this is a complete unknown.
- Zelda officially named and a release date in 2015
- New Star fox trailer
- New new super Mario bros U announced
- One more thing: Metroid teaser

TheKeyPit

Banned
Ubisoft announcing a game developed with the UbiArt-Framework engine is my guess. It will be either a Prince of Persia game or a new IP.

Xbro

14th page prediction, but I'm just going to say that this is the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem, so we will most likely get Fire Emblem If footage.

And SMT X FE footage.

photogaz

I've been thinking about this for the last few days:

Sony:
  • Last Guardian - 2016
  • Gran Turismo 7 (or 6 Remastered?)
  • Sony Bend's New Game - Nov 2015
  • Media Molecule's New Game - 2016
Sony (unlikely):
  • Shenmue 3? Developed by Sony?
  • God of War 4
  • Guerilla's new game

That's way too early surely? Unless another team has been developing it during development of the original?
It would be a over a year after the original.. FC4 took only two years to come out, and AC tends to take one so it's possible.
I just want that rainbow six!

Turkoop

Banned
I've been thinking about this for the last few days:

Sony:
  • Last Guardian - 2016
  • Gran Turismo 7 (or 6 Remastered?)
  • Sony Bend's New Game - Nov 2015
  • Media Molecule's New Game - 2016
Sony (unlikely):
  • Shenmue 3? Developed by Sony?
  • God of War 4
  • Guerilla's new game
Shinobi already teased that Guerilla Games RPG will make his debut at E3

Jotthah

Microsoft:

- Gears *something*
- Fable Legends
- Halo 5
- Rare's new game (gameS?)
- Quantum Break
- Scalebound
- a big push for a 3rd party shooter (SW Battlefront or something similar)
- a new RPG IP in the vein of Fable or Gothic (just wishful thinking)

Nintendo:

- Zelda U
- Star Fox
- Xenoblade X
- SMT X FE
- some 3DS stuff maybe more F2P like Pokemon Shuffle

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Does anybody think that Nintendo will talk about smartphone games at all?

Lemondish

I think Sony will have a surprise Q4 game, whether it be an uncharted collection or a timed exclusive 3rd party.

I think it could also be an internal studio release. They were burned early (just like everyone else) when they were showing games too soon. I imagine the lesson from that is to hold announcements back until they're closer to release. A surprise fall release from someone in WWS doesn't seem far fetched to me.

Jotthah

I think Sony will have a surprise Q4 game, whether it be an uncharted collection or a timed exclusive 3rd party.
looking at the PS4 reveal and the GOW III remastered teaser, they could go hard on nostalgia, but two remasters for christmas seems kind of dumb. A timed exclusive or another Street Fighter situation seems more likely

Sid

Sony:-
Indies
GG's new IP
Uncharted 4
Battlefront exclusive
marketing
Some 3rd party multiplatform game

Euron

looking at the PS4 reveal and the GOW III remastered teaser, they could go hard on nostalgia, but two remasters for christmas seems kind of dumb. A timed exclusive or another Street Fighter situation seems more likely
I wonder how far in development GT7 is or if we'll get a GT7 Prologue this holiday. They'll probably get exclusive marketing for Battlefront in addition to MGS5 but will there be anything else? They might just end up relying on remasters, exclusive marketing for big games, and the Destiny Expansion this fall. It sounds like Horizon and Bend's game are both 2016 titles and God of War 4 might not even be there (probably a March 2017 Game). And is No Man's Sky going to release this year or will it coincide with the Morpheus Launch?

supergiz

How popular does your blog have to be to get into e3 under media registration? I have a mobile gaming related blog I started last year that I have been taking pretty seriously, but it had about an average base so far although it's growing.

WonderzL

Banned
Gonna say a new Kid Icarus game. It could be Uprising for Wii U, of course. But a Kid Icarus game to be released very soon

Microsoft

.Halo 5 campaign and upgraded multiplayer demoed on stage
.Rise of the tomb raider demoed and dated
.call of duty
.Forza 6 demoed, shows off new weather features and day and night races
.some fable legends garbage
.Inside release date announced
.Battletoads the comeback is announced as a 20 dollar downloadable game done by way forward, availible right after the show type deal.
.banjo is back, rare developed banjo threeie will hit Xbox live as a 30-40 dollar downloadable title in the same vein as scream ride, and will be set for release in September.
.The first major retail games with gold games are announced for July and August, dead rising 3 and Ryse: son of Rome.
.Gears of war 4 is shown off set for release holiday 2016, the gears collection is announced simultaneously for release in spring 2016
.quantum break is officially dated for q1 2016
.scale bound is demoed and announced for spring 2016.
. Crackdown demo is shown off
.new phantom dust developers announced with release window
.indie showcase
One last thing fable 4 rpg is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom