• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryke

Really? Even though Ono said that Street Fighter V wasn't in development due to budgetary issues 2 years ago?

Between Dead Rising 3 and SFV (even the F2P games like Deep Down and DDO), Capcom have made it pretty obvious they're not funding any AAA games that aren't named Resident Evil by themselves anymore.

I'm very well aware of his rants on twitter.

He also said Capcom demanded a minimum 2 million requirement to greenlight a AAA sequel, a threshold SFIV passed very easily.

They rather shouldn't announce DS 3 already imo, they're running a pretty big risk of oversaturating the market.

OT: I just saw someone on youtube talking about a supposed rumor of MS getting GTA V story DLC first and announcing that at E3. Anyone know where that came from? That's got to be one of the stupidest rumors I've ever heard. Lol

Not really as stated before Xbox 360 got GTA IV's story DLC first and you know how MS likes to do these kinds of things therefore It's likely but MS would probably have to pay a truck load.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/39947-mic...will-receive-early-access-to-gta-5-dlc-in-fu/

Not that I disbelieve you but what exactly is a public photo on the company website's studio tour meant to prove? Not really sure I understand how that's meant to show the validity of your insider status.

Not seeing the PS version of a CoD title was one of the common things to happen while MS co-marketed it. Journalists didn't get to play that version early or even see it. We didn't know what PS versions of the game looked like until the game was released. One of the rare exceptions was with Ghosts when IGN First played the game on the PS4. But aside from that it was strictly Xbox and sometimes PC. But even if you ignore that, something has changed just based on the fact that the beta will be available on the PS4. No previous CoD beta has hit a PS platform. They were always 360 exclusive or timed exclusive to the 360 and later released on the PC.

The fact that they've confirmed that multiplayer will be playable at E3 probably means that it's what they'll show at whichever press conference it pops up at. So that'll at least be a change of pace for those that don't like seeing CoD campaigns during press conferences.

I'm very well aware of his rants on twitter.

He also said Capcom demanded a minimum 2 million requirement to greenlight a AAA sequel, a threshold SFIV passed very easily.

Maybe Capcom's execs looked at all the SFIV re-releases and thought the fighting revival was dying? I dunno, you'll have to ask Ono for the answer to your questions, all we know is Sony's helping fund development and that's why it's exclusive.

stryke

Maybe Capcom's execs looked at all the SFIV re-releases and thought the fighting revival was dying? I dunno, you'll have to ask Ono for the answer to your questions, all we know is Sony's helping fund development and that's why it's exclusive.

Right, obviously Sony is putting money into it but I still think the franchise would continue to exist without their help. At the very least, I can somewhat buy into the narrative that the SFV dev schedule was pushed forward.

Adachi

Banned
Not really as stated before Xbox 360 got GTA IV's story DLC first and you know how MS likes to do these kinds of things therefore It's likely but MS would probably have to pay a truck load.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/39947-mic...will-receive-early-access-to-gta-5-dlc-in-fu/

First: Sony had co marketing with GTA V

Second (and most importantly): GTA IV timed DLC exclusivity was announced before the game was out, to influence peoples decision of which platform they want to go with, GTA V has been out for over 1 1/2 years and sold over 45 million copies, people have made their platform decision. What would MS hope to achieve with timed exclusive GTA V story DLC? That people that already own the game on another platform go out and possibly even buy an X1 and GTA V on X1 for the timed DLC? That'd be utterly ridiculous.

RexNovis

Banned
Not seeing the PS version of a CoD title was one of the common things to happen while MS co-marketed it. Journalists didn't get to play that version early or even see it. We didn't know what PS versions of the game looked like until the game was released. One of the rare exceptions was with Ghosts when IGN First played the game on the PS4. But aside from that it was strictly Xbox and sometimes PC. But even if you ignore that, something has changed just based on the fact that the beta will be available on the PS4. No previous CoD beta has hit a PS platform. They were always 360 exclusive or timed exclusive to the 360 and later released on the PC.

The fact that they've confirmed that multiplayer will be playable at E3 probably means that it's what they'll show at whichever press conference it pops up at. So that'll at least be a change of pace for those that don't like seeing CoD campaigns during press conferences.

I have no idea what this has to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong post? I was just asking how posting a publicly available photo was meant to prove his insider status. Like I said I don't disbelieve the claims about CoD marketing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I have no idea what this has to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong post? I was just asking how posting a publicly available photo was meant to prove his insider status. Like I said I don't disbelieve the claims about CoD marketing.
He claimed Microsoft didn't have co-marketing any more, was challenged on that point, then posts evidence that supports that they do not have co-marketing. Simple.

You don't see all the PS4's in that picture?

Chobel

PS4 controllers.

Hellshy.

You can see the ps4 in that pic and I think that proves that Ms has no deal with them

RexNovis

Banned
He claimed Microsoft didn't have co-marketing any more, was challenged on that point, then posts evidence that supports that they do not have co-marketing. Simple.

But the quoted post said he was "nobady" so I assumed his response was meant to address that.

You don't see all the PS4's in that picture?

PS4 controllers.

You can see the ps4 in that pic and I think that proves that Ms has no deal with them

Are you guys even reading what I said!?! I asked how the picture was meant to negate the claim he was "nobody" and assert the validity of his insider status. A publicly available photo doesn't really do that. Maybe I misjudged the intent of his post but pointing out the presence of a PS4 has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Shabad

Are you guys even reading what I said!?! I asked how the picture was meant to negate the claim he was "nobody" and assert the validity of his insider status. A publicly available photo doesn't really do that. Maybe I misjudged the intent of his post but pointing out the presence of a PS4 has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Maybe he is saying that we should trust him because there are proof - or at least serious hints - right before our eyes ? Why should he prove himself an insider when the only thing he is claiming is, as you say, public knowledge ?

RexNovis

Banned
Maybe he is saying that we should trust him because there are proof - or at least serious hints - right before our eyes ? Why should he prove himself an insider when the only thing he is claiming is, as you say, public knowledge ?

Of course that's a reasonable assumption. Like I said before maybe I misjudged the intention behind his comment. Even still, I would certainly appreciate it if people actually read what I write so as to avoid responses to questions I never asked or implied. That's all I was trying to say.

But the quoted post said he was "nobady" so I assumed his response was meant to address that.

It wasn't a great question, so it's understandable we all jumped to a different conclusion. The claim that he was a nobody didn't make much sense in the first place. If he were talking out of his ass, he'd be banned.

Circinus

Updated my predictions. ^.^

Nintendo:

Android/iOS (in partnership with DeNA):

- Super Mario: Coin Rush (Brief gameplay teaser, holiday 2015)
- The Legend of Zelda: Quest for Hyrule (2016)
- Mario Kart (2016)

Wii U:

- Super Smash Bros. for WiiU/3DS DLC (trailer, holiday 2015)
- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 3 (trailer, holiday 2015)
- Mario Maker (trailer, course creation demo, information on sharing levels. Release: September 2015)
- Yoshi's Wooly World (trailer. Release: July 2015)
- Devil's Third (trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (trailer. Release: 2016)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Star Fox (gameplay debut, trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Project Giant Robot and Project Guard will be incorporated in Star Fox
- New Sonic game (trailer. Coming in November 2015 and will be multi-platform)
- New Animal Crossing (trailer)
- New 3D Super Mario (trailer + gameplay demo, coming in spring 2016)
- New 2.5D Metroid game by Next Level Games (teaser, coming in the first half of 2016)
- Metroid teaser, in development at Retro Studios (coming in 2016/2017)

3DS:

- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (trailer)
- Fire Emblem if (trailer), coming to EU and NA in the first half of 2016

Microsoft Studios / Xbox & Windows:

- Halo 5: Guardians (media briefing opener, single-player gameplay demo + trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Halo 5: Guardians Xbox One limited edition bundle announced
- Forza Motorsport 6 (trailer. Release: September 2015)
- Fable Legends (trailer, gameplay features. Release: August 2015)
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- The Division (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- Windows 10 and Xbox One cross-platform gameplay and ecosystem synergy talk
- ID@Xbox sizzle reel (Windows 10 and Xbox One), featuring:
--- thatgamecompany's new game
--- Gigantic
--- Inside
--- Ashen
--- Divinity: Original Sin
--- Cuphead
--- Space Engineers
--- Below
--- Superhot
- HoloLens talk, featuring a couple of gameplay proof of concept demos
- Battletoads coming to Project Spark
- New Battletoads game, developed by Twisted Pixel Games (coming in 2016 to Xbox One and Windows 10)
- Joe Montana Football 16 (debut trailer, coming in July 2015 to Xbox One and Windows 10)
- Age of Empires IV (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Xbox One and Windows 10)
- Halo Wars 2 (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Xbox One and Windows 10)
- Quantum Break (trailer. Release: spring 2016)
- Scalebound (gameplay debut trailer. Release: spring 2016)
- Crackdown (gameplay debut trailer. Release: holiday 2016)
- New Banjo Kazooie game, developed by Rare (coming in 2016)
- Gears of War (Xbox One edition, gameplay trailer. Release: holiday 2015 with GoW IV multiplayer beta access)
- Gears of War IV (teaser trailer, conference closer. Release: holiday 2016)

Sony Computer Entertainment / PlayStation:

- Montage (media briefing opener)
- Star Wars: Battlefront (. Release: November 2015)
- Ratchet & Clank (gameplay demo + trailer. Release date: November 2015)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (gameplay demo + trailer. Release date: Spring 2016)
- Tearaway Unfolded (trailer, release date: August 2015)
- Destiny: Comet (trailer, release date: September 2015)
- Mad Max (trailer, release date: September 2015
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (trailer, release date: September 2015)
- Project Morpheus announcements and general information:
--- Zindagi Games' VR game (trailer, coming in the first half of 2016)
--- Demo collection announcement (The Deep, London Heist, Jurassic Encounter, Street Luge, The Castle, Magic Controller, Toybox)
--- No Man's Sky (trailer and will be compatible with Project Morpheus, coming in 2016)
- PS Vita and PS4 independent games sizzle reel
- PS Now and PS Vue talk:
--- PS Now continuing to expand its catalogue and will be rolling out on Android and iOS. First on Xperia devices, with other Android devices and iOS to follow
--- PlayStation Vue launching in North America, fall 2015
- PlayStation original series announcement
- Ratchet & Clank film trailer (release date: August 14)
- Rime (trailer, release date: October 2015)
- Until Dawn (trailer, release date: September 2015)
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (trailer, release date: August 2015)
- Gravity Rush 2 (trailer, coming to PS Vita and PS4 in 2016. Original Gravity Rush also coming to PS4 in 2016)
- Horizon by Guerilla Games (short CGI teaser by visual effects studio Plastic Wax. Coming in 2016. Media briefing closer)

EA:

- Star Wars: Battlefront (gameplay debut and multiplayer demo, conference opener. Release: November 2015)
- EA Sports shocase:
--- FIFA 16 (trailer)
--- Madden NFL 16 (trailer)
--- NFL 16 (trailer)
--- NBA Live 16 (trailer)
--- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour (trailer)
- Need for Speed: Underground (trailer. Release: November 2015)
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (trailer. Release: spring 2016)
- Mirror's Edge (trailer. Release: spring 2016)
- Mass Effect (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New extreme racing game by Criterion Games. First-person, has ATV's, boats, helicopters etc (teaser trailer, coming in 2016)
- New Star Wars game by Visceral Games. Story-driven 3rd person action-adventure game featuring characters from the Star Wars spin-off film (short teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Ubisoft:

- Assassin's Creed: Victory (gameplay trailer. Release: October 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: The Division (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)
- Tom Clancy's: Rainbow Six: Siege (gameplay trailer and gameplay demo. Release October 2015)
- Toy Soliders: War Chest (trailer. Release: August 2015)
- Child of Light 2 (trailer. Release: early 2016)
- Just Dance 2016 (trailer and demo. Release: fall 2015)
- Anno 2204 (trailer. Release: fall 2015)
- Splinter Cell: String Theory (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Rayman 4 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 (trailer, coming in 2016)

Square Enix:

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (trailer, coming November 2015)
- New Hitman game (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Just Cause 3 (gameplay demo, coming in October 2015)
- Star Ocean 5 (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Final Fantasy XV (trailer, coming in 2016)
- Kingdom Hearts III (teaser trailer, coming in early 2017)

Bethesda Softworks:

- Doom (debut gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- BattleCry (trailer, release date: 2015)
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (new content and features trailer)
- Fallout 4 (trailer and expansive gameplay demo, coming in 2016)
- Dishonored 2 (teaser trailer. Release: holiday 2016)

GTAV dlc coming first to Xbox is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Please do not believe that rumor, its so obviously not true and it makes zero sense from any party involved.

Servbot24

Banned
GTAV dlc coming first to Xbox is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Please do not believe that rumor, its so obviously not true and it makes zero sense from any party involved.

Yeah, seems like a bizarre deal to make. Everyone already owns GTAV for their chosen platform. Timed exclusive DLC would be pointless at this juncture. If GTAV were debuting this fall it might make sense.

image.php

6_Studio-Tour_MMroom.jpg

COD Ghosts was demoed on PS4 pre release a bunch as well.

So where a lot of Microsoft co marketed games since the gen switch. PS4 becoming the lead platform for a lot of studios does that. Just like the 360 last gen.

Lets wait and see what presence the game has at E3 and if console idents start popping up on trailers.

But yes. it is interesting there isnt a bunch of Xbox all over this already. Maybe that deal is indeed up.

vin-buc

I wonder if Acti are fishing for a marketing partner. It's still up in the air but there is a disclaimer about the systems the MP beta will be on, right?

Circinus

I think Sony Computer Entertainment can potentially definitely show a lot of stuff at their E3 media briefing:

First-party games (retail release):

- Ratchet & Clank
- Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
- Tearaway: Unfolded
- Hot Shots Golf / Everybody's Golf
- Until Dawn
- Gravity Rush 2 (PS Vita + PS4) (maybe)
- New Sly Cooper by Zindagi Games (unlikely)
- New Jak & Daxter (by Sumo Digital, Lucid Games, nStigate Games or someone else) (unlikely)
- New Wipeout (by Firesprite Games and Evolution Studios) (unlikely)
- God of War IV (unlikely)
- The Last Guardian (unlikely)
- Guerilla Games' new game (maybe)
- Quantic Dream's new game (maybe)
- Media Molecule's new game (unlikely)
- SCE Bend Studio's new game (unlikely)
- SCE Guerilla Cambridge Studio's new game (unlikely)
- Gran Turismo 7 (unlikely)

First-party games (digital download release on PSN only):

- Rime
- Alienation
- The Tomorrow Children
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- Fat Princess Adventures
- Kill Strain
- Wattam
- Drawn to Death
- What Remains of Edith Finch
- Wild
- Guns Up!

Project Morpeheus:

- Final name announcement and information
- Zindagi Games' VR game
- Novarama's VR game
- SCE Japan Studio's VR game / demo(s)
- SCE London Studio's VR game / demo(s)
- Supermassive Entertainment's VR game / demo(s)
- Demo collection announcement (The Deep, London Heist, Jurassic Encounter, Street Luge, The Castle, Magic Controller, Toybox)
- 3rd party games (EVE Valkyrie, The Assembly, War Thunder etc)

Games by 3rd party publishers:

- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Destiny: Comet
- Street Fighter V
- Dead Island 2
- Mad Max
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Persona 5
- Assassin's Creed: Victory

Independent games (sizzle reel or not):

- No Man's Sky
- Rocket League
- Volume
- ABZÛ
- Pavilion
- SOMA
- The Forest
- Hollowpoint
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Snow
- Salt & Sanctuary
- Trine 3: Artifacts of Power
- Amplitude
- Let it Die

PS Vita sizzle reel:

- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
- Volume
- Salt & Sanctuary
- Bastion
- Super Time Force Ultra
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Broken Age: The Complete Collection
- Shantae: Half Genie Hero

TV shows and film:

- Powers Season 2
- New PlayStation original series announcement
- Ratchet & Clank film trailer
- Sly Cooper film trailer
- Uncharted (casting announcement)

Other:

- Xperia Z4/Z5 trailer, Remote Play demo
- PS Now continuing to expand its catalogue and coming to Europe
- PS Now coming to Android and iOS. Will be first on Xperia devices
- PlayStation Vue rolling out in North America, fall 2015
- New PlayStation Vue channels
- PlayStation Vue will also have access to PlayStation Originals (e.g.: Powers)

Okay. :)

Microsoft Studios / Xbox & Windows:

- Halo 5: Guardians gameplay demo (conference opener, Release: October 2015)
- Halo 5: Guardians Xbox One bundle announced
- Forza Motorsport 6 (trailer. Release: September 2015) I'm hung up on whether or not I think this game will be showcased before E3 and will be held out of the conference for time
- Fable Legends (trailer, gameplay features. Release: August 2015)
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (trailer. Release: October 2015) I think this is too soon, maybe an announcement that a third season has been greenlit but no trailer
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)Definitely a given
- The Division (gameplay demo. Release: November 2015)Definitely a given
- ID@Xbox sizzle reel, featuring: (Xbox One and Windows 10)
--- thatgamecompany's new game
--- Gigantic
--- Inside
--- Ashen
--- Divinity: Original Sin
--- Cuphead
--- Space Engineers
--- Below
--- Superhot
- HoloLens talk with a couple of game concept demosI don't believe Hololens will even be at the show TBH (I hope I'm wrong tho)
- Joe Montana Football 16 (debut trailer, coming in July 2015 to Xbox One and Windows 10. Cross-buy and cross-play)If it truly exists 95% sure it will be there and tbh I'm expecting an incredible looking football game
- Age of Empires IV (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016 to Xbox One and Windows 10. Cross-buy and cross-play)
- Quantum Break (trailer, coming in spring 2016) I thought they said this would not be at E3, am I mixing this up with last year?
- Crackdown (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016) I really hope so, with some crazy destruction demo
- Scalebound (gameplay debut trailer, coming in 2016) I think this is a given
- Battletoads coming to Project Spark
- New Battletoads game, developed by Twisted Pixel Games (coming in 2016)
- New Banjo Kazooie game, developed by Rare (coming in 2016) I think this could be a collaborative game with a lot of their IPs all in one game in an attempt to satisfy everyone. It will definitely be something creative but I don't think it will be a straight sequel to just one of their franchises.
- Gears of War (Xbox One edition, gameplay trailer, coming in 2016)
- Gears of War IV (teaser trailer, conference closer)
Depending on the state of the game I think this and Halo could switch places with this starting and I also expect this game to be incredible.
[/QUOTE]

I think this would be a good show, but honestly I think there will be a couple of more surprises that are anywhere from 1 year to 1 1/2 years out. This conference prediction would be more in-line with the mattrick era of leaning on your trusted IPs and not what seems to be Phils approach. Who knows tho...

Anyone think that the HTC/Valve headset makes an appearance in any of the conferences (not just the big 3)(I know it won't be in Sony's)? Do you think it will even a presence at E3?

delSai

You guys think we might see another Double Fine/Sony collaboration? Last years E3 had Grim Fandango and PSX Day of the Tentacle... Now it's time for Full Throttle Remastered.

All of them delivered games the past 1, 2 or 3 years.

And they all have multiple teams which haven't released something within that time frame either.

A lot of what's been released since the PS4 launched seems to have been handled by B (and in some cases C) teams rather than the big heavy hitter teams within studios.

I wasn't trying to complain and say Sony hasn't released anything at all in a while, but we've known several studios to be working on *something* secret for a good while now and I'm personally getting very anxious to see what those things are. That's all.

I think they already have enough for the holiday season (Forza 6, Halo 5, Tomb Raider?), might as well be for the first half of next year.

They pushed Quantum Break into 2016. Scalebound will probably be early 2016. I don't think there will be much of a drought for Microsoft Games Studios published games on the Xbox One in 2016.

Circinus

And they all have multiple teams which haven't released something within that time frame either.

A lot of what's been released since the PS4 launched seems to have been handled by B (and in some cases C) teams rather than the big heavy hitter teams within studios.

I wasn't trying to complain and say Sony hasn't released anything at all in a while, but we've known several studios to be working on *something* secret for a good while now and I'm personally getting very anxious to see what those things are. That's all.

Only SCE Japan Studio has multiple teams I think.

Sure, among most studios there's probably always one smaller group prototyping next games when production of the studio's game ramps up, but that isn't really a 100% independent full size production team with artists, designers, programmers, writers, modelers etc.

Only SCE Japan Studio has multiple teams I think.

Sure, among most studios there's probably always one smaller group prototyping next games when production of the studio's game ramps up, but that isn't really a 100% independent full size production team with artists, designers, programmers, writers, modelers etc.

There is also Guerilla Games and Guerilla Cambridge

El_Chino

I think they already have enough for the holiday season (Forza 6, Halo 5, Tomb Raider?), might as well be for the first half of next year.

They wanted to focus on first party stuff this year, the new Gears might release next year so why two Gears game in one year? Also, given they've had a closed Beta recently I'd say the game is progressing quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom