• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 'jroject' if we're following the Caesar cipher.

Nothing in this screams potential for megaleak, though. Based on what we know from the message, it seems like something anybody could say to vaguely hint at nothing in particular.

I assumed it was meant to be 'project' purely because the initial text was intentionally messed up. Agree with you though on it not amounting to much. At most it was meant to be a confirmation of Guerrilla Cambridge's game at E3, but that seems like a given at this point.

It may even have been intentionally vague as well so that if it wasn't announced Zoetis could back-peddle, and insist on a different translation. I was able to produce a 'not' by translating one of the words ('KLQ') down three.

tumblr_inline_mpzoynSlfz1qz4rgp.gif

Gwyneth Paltrow's head, but that's not important right now.

Nintendo has enough announced but unreleased games (Star Fox, Fire emblem, SMTxFE, Devils Third, Fatal Frame,indies, etc) to fill their digital event and more, so I dont expect more than 2 big game reveals, Nintendo likes to focus on upcoming games after all.

I also expect they talking about splatoon updates and smash dlc .

Wakka212

The more I think about it, a personally satisfying Sony conference would mainly consist of clean gameplay footage of most of the smaller previously announced games.

At this point Uncharted, Guerilla's IP, and MM IP feel like a sure bet but I keep finding myself more excited for games like RiME, Tomorrow Children, and Rapture.

Other teases for future titles would be great but I'm not expecting any megatons. And for some reason, I'm okay with that. The icing for me would be extensive footage of the bigger japanese games like Persona and Star Ocean, although these are probably being reserved for TGS.

TLG - TGS.

BadWolf

With the Bison trailer being released early we now have no idea what/who to expect for E3, so things just got more exciting for SFV.

Zukkoyaki

It's going to be funny if Horizon isn't shown at Sony's conference considering it is the one announcement that EVERYONE is expecting from them.

Auctopus

As much as I would like to see it this year, I think Rime is a 2016 title. It wasn't on Sony's official Games of 2015 list and it's been very quiet.

If things are going well, I could see a gameplay reveal at E3 but I don't think we'll see a release date this year.

_Ryo_

What if Sony teamed up with Capcom to create "PS Stone", a spin-off of Power Stone that utilizes PlayStation characters and stages. Or it could be called "PlayStation vs Capcom."

Wakka212

I bought a PS2 with GT3, PS3 with GT5 and I will buy the PS4 when GT7 comes out.

I don't know what Sony is waiting.

Probably waiting for Kaz to give them real strides that fully utilize the new hardware.

I've always been a huge GT fan and the series has been underperforming in quality since GT5.

The next one needs to earn its rightful seat on the throne.

Remeard

Hopefully the rumored mascot brawler is more like Powerstone. I really loved that game and was disappointed that the style never really took off. Easily my favorite party brawler, Smash has nothing on it.

Sez

Probably waiting for Kaz to give them real strides that fully utilize the new hardware.

I've always been a huge GT fan and the series has been underperforming in quality since GT5.

GT5 underperformed, but 2.0 was very good.

Also, isnt 100 times easier to code on the PS4 than the PS3? I think Dec 15 it's the right time for GT7 and it will boost the PS4 sales.

Edit:
Horizon is the codename for Guerilla's RPG.
Thanks, I think too much in car games :p

Agree. Still has a legendary name and reputation, but it starts to be like Pink Floyd.

Dynomutt

I don't even want to make any predictions to "psych" myself out. I'm hoping for a good show from Sony, MS, and, Nintendo. Right now is great time for gaming. I have a Arkham Limited Edition PS4 on the way right after E3. Can't wait...

Question, So are people upset with the lack of leaks? Isn't that a good thing? Or does this mean we already know what's coming and the pipeline is dry? I.e. at least in Sony's camp. MS and Nintendo seem to be business as usual.

zlatko

Banned
I'm excited to see Ono on stage for Sony. He is super passionate so it should be a blast and tons of .gif potential.

Also I hope Nintendo is going to do a lot for the new Starfox as its something I am all for.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Question, So are people upset with the lack of leaks? Isn't that a good thing? Or does this mean we already know what's coming and the pipeline is dry? I.e. at least in Sony's camp. MS and Nintendo seem to be business as usual.

I think it's just a case of people thinking no smoke means no fire, and that if nothing is leaking there's nothing to be excited for.

The lack of leaks is good. Tighten those ships up! I want the reveals at the conference to be awesome surprises, not confirmations of stuff we've known for weeks. That being said, there's still over 4 weeks to go so I anticipate the leaks are coming.

Wakka212

GT5 underperformed, but 2.0 was very good.

Also, isnt 100 times easier to code on the PS4 than the PS3? I think Dec 15 it's the right time for GT7 and it will boost the PS4 sales.

Edit:
Thanks, I think too much in car games :p

Though GT6 was a great game, its goal was clearly to fix what went wrong with GT5. I think that focus leaves the franchise playing catch-up rather than leading the pack.

Considering they aren't porting (hopefully) a GT to PS4, I'm sure the team is finding less issues with development. At the same time, however, building an ambitious engine from ground up on new hardware will take time. A GT7 unveil will HAVE to be absolutely stunning and not only challenge other big racing sims, but raise the bar for them. That is what GT has always stood for, and it has to reclaim that position.

The biggies that gamers are wanting so bad are....

Last Guardian
Shenmue 3
Half-Life 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

...and will probably never come to be.

It's like asking somebody what they want for dinner, them telling you, and then you giving them a ton of food they didn't ask for. Most of it they could take it or leave it, but some of it they like. However, it's still not what they asked for.

All one of the big 3 has to do is bring the right order. This is why I'm so interested in Microsoft this year. I've said it before, but I really think they are going to swing for the fences.

The biggies that gamers are wanting so bad are....

Last Guardian
Shenmue 3
Half-Life 3
Final Fantasy 7 Remake

...and will probably never come to be.

It's like asking somebody what they want for dinner, them telling you, and then you giving them a ton of food they didn't ask for. Most of it they could take it or leave it, but some of it they like. However, it's still not what they asked for.

All one of the big 3 has to do is bring the right order. This is why I'm so interested in Microsoft this year. I've said it before, but I really think they are going to swing for the fences.

Would be something to see TLG and HL3 both at E3 this year. Assuming the leaked E3 intro video showing Gabe Newell was legit and TLG is ready to show/still not dead, then its possible. Leaning towards a near definite no though but it would be amazing to see.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Would be something to see TLG and HL3 both at E3 this year. Assuming the leaked E3 intro video showing Gabe Newell was legit and TLG is ready to show/still not dead, then its possible. Leaning towards a near definite no though but it would be amazing to see.

Half-Life 3 will probably never get out of production hell. Valve don't really care enough about single player titles anymore, Gabe has said this on numerous counts, and they make way more money from the likes of Dota 2 and TF2 than they would with Portal or, indeed, Half-Life.

I think the very last glimmer of hope I have for it is on the Vive, maybe releasing it as a key VR title. Other than that, what needs to happen is just have the game made by the community a la Black Mesa.

Half Life 3 would really help sell VR headsets for Valve, so yeah that's pretty much the only way I can see them release it. If Gabe is at E3 though I fully expect L4D3.

Wakka212

Half-Life 3 will probably never get out of production hell. Valve don't really care enough about single player titles anymore, Gabe has said this on numerous counts, and they make way more money from the likes of Dota 2 and TF2 than they would with Portal or, indeed, Half-Life.

I think the very last glimmer of hope I have for it is on the Vive, maybe releasing it as a key VR title. Other than that, what needs to happen is just have the game made by the community a la Black Mesa.

Agreed.

Frankly, I don't think HL3 could ever live up to what the gaming world thinks its supposed to be unless it is re-Vived with the unique mechanics VR can only bring.

ekim

I don't think there will be much surprises this year from MS/Sony. I'm keeping my expectations in check. (except for Fallout 4 - HYPE!)
Interested in the PC conference and the surprise Ubi game. EA conference will be Sports/Racing/Battlefront/Mirrors Edge.

Bringing the Gravity Rush hype.
https://youtu.be/5Ac3lcvdl1s

The 1st game was alot of fun esp trials but i know a sequel can improve so much more.

Especially if its a ps4 exclusive. We could finally go inside houses and stuff.

It cannot be overstated just how mesmerising and beautiful Gravity Rush's soundtrack is. A big draw for the upcoming sequel is that it means an entirely new OST will be composed for me to fawn over again.

keit4

Banned
So, guys, which are your 3 most anticipated games of the show? Personally i can't wait for:

1. Fallout 4: it has been a while since i visited the wasteland and after watching Mad Max: Fury Road i need some post-apocalyptic action. I can't wait to sunk several hours of my life in this.
2. Scalebound: it's Platinum and it has dragons, nothing can go wrong (i hope). In my dreams this game is something like Devil May Cry x Monster Hunter, a killer formula if you ask me.
3. Project Horizon: yeah, we barely know something about this game, but the concept art is amazing and evocative at so many levels. It reminds me to Destiny (hopefully it's a better game) but with cyber dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom