• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA makes some online passes free on XBL [Up: Is removing them universally]

smr00

Banned
Trying to gain some good will before a huge heel turn.
It's Bash at The Beach all over again.

Sony vs Microsoft, Microsoft has a mystery partner who comes out at the end of the Sony conference (right before the MS conference) and the mystery guy turns out to be Peter Moore and he hits Jack Tretton with a steel chair and Peter then proceeds to rip his suit off revealing a XBONE-4-LIFE shirt.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Neat, downloaded Alice. Maybe I'll buy/beg/borrow AMR someday, but if it never happens no skin off my back. Thanks for the heads up OP.

This is gonna be kinda handy for me. I have 2 360's and everything gets downloaded on my gamertag, so I can at least get my GF to download on hers on the secondary console and we won't have to worry about having me signed in if she wants to play Skate or something in the bedroom.

So transparent if they don't announce the same thing for PSN's next week update.

Does EA really think gamers are that stupid?

Maybe they aren't on PSN because PSN only updates once a week versus XBL's daily update?

#teamnofun

Sony vs Microsoft, Microsoft has a mystery partner who comes out at the end of the Sony conference (right before the MS conference) and the mystery guy turns out to be Peter Moore and he hits Jack Tretton with a steel chair and Peter then proceeds to rip his suit off revealing a XBONE-4-LIFE shirt.

If I had the GIF-making prowess of half of GAF, this would have been made already!

old

If it's the EA I know, they're probably about to close down some of those servers anyways.

Ban Puncher

NU-NU-NU-NEW GAMES ONLY

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm not too familiar with online passes, so how do they work with singleplayer games like Dragon Age 1-2? I thought online passes were needed to play online multi player modes. Thanks.
Story content, like the Catwoman DLC in Arkham City. It's pretty ridiculous in DA cause they added an NPC in your camp whose sole job is to entice you to buy the DLC if you don't have it.

PVs2qP2.jpg

Raonak

Banned
Would be neat if this is foreshadowing about the PS4's lack of DRM nonsense.

But Im pretty sure it's just because PS store only updates weekly.

izakq

I had bought a used copy of Dead Space 3 for PS3, and was hoping/holding out that they would get rid of the online pass. $10 online pass, my ass.

no upcoming DRM :)

Nah, it's clearly because in the absence of MS' DRM, Sony and third parties on PS4 will stick with this generation's online pass method, which is the same thing.

Seriously, it's probably just a slight delay in getting the PSN equivalents changed to being free.

larvi

Thanks OP, free stuff is always nice. I went to xbox.com and grabbed all of these with the exception of the MoH and ME2 ones where it says I can't purchase them from this device. I'll try getting them from my 360 later this evening.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How kind of them to make these old games free to play online. I'm sure the online communities are totally still thriving.

AkuMifune

Banned
Time to check back in with Bad Company 2 again.

Might as well, it was the best multiplayer shooter the entire generation. Aw hell, why stop there? Best multiplayer shooter of all time. At least, my favorite then.

Shame what happened to that series. Fucking shame!

Mitsurux

Actually tempted to get the ME2 one.... are you still required to create a EA login to access the cerberus network.... (i refuse to do that)

Top Bottom