• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA making a "special announcement" at The Game Awards

What is EA's announcement?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not Bioware?

I'm going to guess they bought the rights off of Activision for Crash and Microsoft have paid top dollar for it to be 2nd party. That's why Origin tweeted earlier, it was a taunt.

I'll presume to speak for the person you quoted and say because KOTOR 2 is much better written than KOTOR 1.

MattyG

Banned
Whatever it is, I hope it's star wars.
iH8xjWrnZOMyR.gif

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Crazy, wild guess: all new Strike game with huge multiplayer mode.

MattyG

Banned
My far fatched-willhappenafterShenmue3 prediction; a No Man's Sky clone set in the Star Wars universe.

Gemüsepizza;141720646 said:
Isn't there also a single-player Star Wars game in development? Maybe this is it?
I think there's probably multiple. Visceral and Bioware are working on SW games (if EA's press release after the partnership was announced is to be believed), and knowing EA, they're not going to settle on just 3 games in a franchise that big. So yeah, odds are there's a couple SP Star Wars game in development. I hope this is one of them.

Squire

Banned
I think there's probably multiple. Visceral and Bioware are working on SW games (if EA's press release after the partnership was announced is to be believed), and knowing EA, they're not going to settle on just 3 games in a franchise that big. So yeah, odds are there's a couple SP Star Wars game in development. I hope this is one of them.

Only thing SW-related BioWare is on is The Old Republic. That's what that release was referring to and anything more would only be able to be in concept stages at this point. They're maintaining TOR, making Mass Effect, their new IP, that other F2P game, and Inquisition DLC.

MattyG

Banned
Only thing SW-related BioWare is on is The Old Republic. That's what that release was referring to and anything more would only be able to be in concept stages at this point. They're maintaining TOR, making Mass Effect, their new IP, that other F2P game, and Inquisition DLC.
Ahhh, shit, should've thought of that. I was hopeful that we were going to get a Kotor reboot/spiritual successor sometime soon :(

Roshin

Not a fan of EA, but it would at least be interesting if they came up with a genuine surprise and not just some platform exclusive DLC bollocks.

Any EA teams current MIA or expected to announce projects?

Mirrors Edge appearing again wouldn't be much of a shocker.

Its probably time for the Dead Space team right? Visceral has a few teams. The one Amy Henning is heading is probably the Dead Space 3 team but that was a completely diffrent team then the DS2 and 1 team I think.

Mass Effect is still a ways off and I dont think their not TOR Star Wars game is much of anything yet.

Or I dont know. Could be something utterly random Dante's inferno 2 or something from the SSX / skate guys if they even have anyone left.

Its a bit early to start hyping Need for Speed

Just make NHL better. That is all I want from EA at this point. Everything else is shit or I I'm not interested in.

Edit: OK, I do want PopCap stuff that is NOT F2P! Look, I'll pay for PvZ and Peggle . . . don't give me that micro-transaction bullshit.

Force Unleashed 3. Didn`t the second game end with a cliffhanger that never was explained?

Is it weird that I think if EA wanted to bring back Force Unleashed, they'd just do a full reboot? It wasn't that long ago since the sequel, but since Disney decanonized all the past games... I don't see them making a direct sequel to anything in that era.

Rembrandt

Banned
Whatever it is, I hope it's star wars.

Yes please. I hope it's Battlefront footage.

Jade Empire 2 by Bioware and funded Microsoft.

Would die. That would be so surprising.

Star Wars 1313 revived. Calling it.

They would be dumb to let it die, especially with the new movie(s) coming out.

Force Unleashed 3. Didn`t the second game end with a cliffhanger that never was explained?

People give the series too much shit. A next gen force unleashed would be incredible.

Any EA teams current MIA or expected to announce projects?

Mirrors Edge appearing again wouldn't be much of a shocker.

Its probably time for the Dead Space team right? Visceral has a few teams. The one Amy Henning is heading is probably the Dead Space 3 team but that was a completely diffrent team then the DS2 and 1 team I think.

Mass Effect is still a ways off and I dont think their not TOR Star Wars game is much of anything yet.

Or I dont know. Could be something utterly random Dante's inferno 2 or something from the SSX / skate guys if they even have anyone left.

Its a bit early to start hyping Need for Speed

Wasn't there supposedly some Burnout ads/posters at some show/conference this year with rumors of an announcement?

I have a feeling that it might be a reboot or Need for Speed Underground 3. Need for Speed needs a wake up call, so EA might feel more comfortable in making a new Need for Speed under their most popular Need for Speed brand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would prefer a new Jedi Outcast or Force Unleashed over 1313.
More than that, I'd like them to work Star Wars into the Mass Effect framework and make an ME-like game.
Even more than that, I'd like KOTOR3.

Will everything EA does for Star Wars now be part of the new continuity?

Possibly, though I think it will be a standalone like Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam

http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/B3tGBpQIAAARXr5.jpg[IMG]

[url]https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/539101575005093888[/url][/QUOTE]

They are doing Battlefield Zombies before Battlefield Dinosaurs?

God damn it.

Its gonna be Star wars, watch it be KOTOR !
If not please be a new rogue squadron.

Its gonna be dress my jedi for ios with microtransaction option.

saladine1

I have a feeling that it might be a reboot or Need for Speed Underground 3. Need for Speed needs a wake up call, so EA might feel more comfortable in making a new Need for Speed under their most popular Need for Speed brand.

Wasn't there a reddit post by some ex Ghost Games employee stating that there will indeed be a NFS U reboot and that it will be announced at TGA?
He gave quite a few details..

Either way, I would die for a NFSU 3..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom