• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Outlines Origins Usage on Wii U [Nintendo Network ID confirmed]

Nintendo Network ID
tumblr_ma75srb6CQ1qhn549.jpg

Anth0ny

Less than a month from launch and we are still speculating on the Wii U online capabilities. Just release the info already, Nintendo. This is getting beyond annoying.

Wouldn't be surprised if online isn't accessible immediately at launch. Nintendo's made that mistake in the past.

"Nintendo Network for Wii U coming in Launch Window Spring 2013! Stay tuned for more details!"

Fantastical

Death Prophet
FCs were never a problem.

I disagree (if you're saying FCs are the only way to add someone), but I think a really big problem is the fact that both people need to add each other's FC before either is added to a friends list. If only one person had to send a friend request and the other person could accept it (like any normal system would use), it would be much better.

I haven't been keeping up with Wii U very much, but I don't think we've heard if this is the case with Wii U. I'm not holding my breath though.

Shambles

So in order to play EA titles on any console you not only need to sign into your console account but into an EA account as well?

lolololol?

I find it amazing that were less than a month out now from launch and Nintendo still hasn't bothered to tell us this stuff yet. You'd think they would be excited to.

Wouldn't be surprised if online isn't accessible immediately at launch. Nintendo's made that mistake in the past.

"Nintendo Network for Wii U coming in Launch Window Spring 2013! Stay tuned for more details!"

Not going to happen... There would be a lot of day 1 DD people who would be VERY upset that they put a lot of money into making launch just to not be able to sell their games.

I wouldn't doubt not having a web browser though....

How would the online-enabled launch day games and eShop titles work then?

tkscz

Think I'll use my steam ID, "Tk likes fat chicks". And to this day people on steam think I'm trolling.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So in order to play EA titles on any console you not only need to sign into your console account but into an EA account as well?

lolololol?

Pretty much, at least it is that way on PS3 and Xbox 360.

they probably friend codes. masking it with an EA name would be super. and then Ubi can use their ubiplay ID too for their UBI titles.

If you sign up to play EA games through a Nintendo Wii U console, your Nintendo account information will be provided to EA so that we can establish an Origin Account for you. You need an Origin Account to play EA’s titles online. By signing up to play EA’s titles, you agree that limited user account information can be transferred to EA. Information transferred to EA includes your Mii information, email address, Nintendo Network ID, friend list, country, language and date of birth but does not include credit card number or other financial account information.

Those two bolded ease just about all of my concerns, I wonder what feature of the online they are trying to hide from the competition. If it is just like XBL, PSN, or Steam from what we have heard already, why haven't we seen more?

ASIS

I disagree (if you're saying FCs are the only way to add someone), but I think a really big problem is the fact that both people need to add each other's FC before either is added to a friends list. If only one person had to send a friend request and the other person could accept it (like any normal system would use), it would be much better.

I haven't been keeping up with Wii U very much, but I don't think we've heard if this is the case with Wii U. I'm not holding my breath though.

Oh yeah I forgot about that bit. LOL that was also pretty terrible.

Ridley327

I don't really use my PS3 anymore but I've never had to make an EA account on any of my older console titles. (I'm pretty sure my memory isn't -that- bad.)

Well, if you've already made one, you don't have to make another one; the last EA game I played on the PS3 was Dead Space 2, and that had the EA log-in box.

Hell, if you had an account from their games back during the PS2 days, you could use it.

Linkup

Kind of thought we already knew this was happening to both 3DS and Wii U. Just need a confirmation that you can send friends request. ND here we go.

nickcv

why does EA take the friend list from Nintendo but not from Microsoft and Sony?

am i the only one who finds this really weird?

piteru

Banned
we are already expecting a nintendo network id.the whole point is if it is an account about my games/vc/online stuff and if it is unified with a 3ds(?) account
come on ninty,just copy the account system from xbox live and ill be happy for 10 centuries in the row..!

But I don't want EA has my Mii information =(

I doubt that will be a problem (it's not as if EA are going to release anything that isn't better on other platforms)

I see the ban didn't stop you ignoring things that have been confirmed by a few different companies.

Need for Speed Most Wanted and yes Mass Effect 3: Special Edition is all you are getting out of me EA
LLShC.gif

I need to check on my old Need For Speed World account, I want them to match I wonder if Origin was updated to NFS World

Just to spite Nintendo my first WiiU friend is going to be Pedobear
The 3DS doesn't work like this, why would the WiiU?
I like what Nintendo's done with 3DS online but as others have already said in this thread they have to get the friend invite system revamped. I've got like 30 people in my 3DS friend list who never got around to adding my code :(

DR3AM

It's kinda sad when a 3rd party publisher has to tell us about Nintendos online palns. Why is Nintendo so quiet when it comes to online?

If you sign up to play EA games through a Nintendo Wii U console, your Nintendo account information will be provided to EA so that we can establish an Origin Account for you. You need an Origin Account to play EA’s titles online. By signing up to play EA’s titles, you agree that limited user account information can be transferred to EA. Information transferred to EA includes your Mii information, email address, Nintendo Network ID, friend list, country, language and date of birth but does not include credit card number or other financial account information.

Not content with just getting XBL accounts hacked?

Top Bottom