• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

JoeInky

I don't think bethesda or sony even really needed a conference this year, they both used the stage to talk about 2 times and they didn't even last long or say anything worth saying. Would have been fine with a digital event.

The live orchestra and low rent cirque du soleil do nothing for me.

Kinsei

Banned
The biggest problem I had with Sony's conference was that they didn't really show off the games. Take Monster Hunter for example, that game really needed a gameplay demo with someone to explaining the systems on stage.

So far I'd rank the conferences

Bethesda
Ubisoft
Sony
Microsoft

EA.

Hasney

The biggest problem I had with Sony's conference was that they didn't really show off the games. Take Monster Hunter for example, that game really needed a gameplay demo with someone to explaining the systems on stage.

No. There's plenty of time to explain things. Don't put me to sleep when it's already 3am at that point.

Format is great. They just needed more #content.

So far I'd rank the conferences

Bethesda
Ubisoft
Sony
Micrsoft

Ea.

The MH video demonstrated its game mechanics very well without a single word.

Kyle was genuinely delighted by God of War but other than that...he seemed more snarky than usual?

i'm not sure if it's the trademark 'leak' that started it, but i got the impression he was upset about something

Hasney

Kyle was genuinely delighted by God of War but other than that...he seemed more snarky than usual?

i'm not sure if it's the trademark 'leak' that started it, but i got the impression he was upset about something

He was upset about the conference if anything. Kyle is snarky and what they showed was easy to be snarky about.

Well everyone did tell him that he shouldn't spoil it ahead of time then after it happened everyone once again said that they were glad he didn't spoil it but he wanted to talk about it.

Axass

So far:

Ubisoft
Sony - Microsoft
Bethesda
PC Gaming Show
EA

I'm confident Nintendo's going to be above or just below Ubi. The Mario trailer alone will be bonkers plus there will certainly be unannounced stuff.

Deimo5

It's not helped by the fact that their new format is really rigid. Trailer after trailer is cool but some games really need a sales pitch or at least a dev coming to talk about their vision. The one that was hurt the most by this format is Days Gone I think. The demo was much better than last year but we still have no context for all of this, just a vertical slice. A dev telling us how the quests or story work, how you travel, how the open world fits would really help to understand this game. Detroit was hurt by this rigid format too.

I think they need to shake things up next year, or at least dial back the game after game after game aspect. And maybe bring some smaller games too, Ni No Kuni 2 or Yakuza would have been a breath of fresh air in this conference.

Yeah I know it's cool to be all games, games, games / no talking allowed but it can be taken too far. A giant trailer reel can create a disconnected feeling.

Huber comment about "too much marvel" also did not make sense to me, because a) he loves marvel and b) Spider-man is the first (and currently only) triple A game under the new marvel video games initiative.

Hasney

Huber comment about "too much marvel" also did not make sense to me, because a) he loves marvel and b) Spider-man is the first (and currently only) triple A game under the new marvel video games initiative.

He's not talking games, he's talking Marvel everything. Like I could take a dump later and I'll half expect Iron Man to come out.

Plus Marvel Heroes Omega, Marvel V Capcom, Lego Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy games in just games this year... Doesn't matter if it's AAA or not

Did he say that? lol. After defending Assassin's Creed by saying it's like the MCU to him? Haha.

I actually went to bed after Ubisoft last night. Couldn´t make it trough the whole night (i miss my early twenties -.-) so watched Sony just now.

Was a good conference, good games. Monster Hunter looks cool, the rest was basically just updates on games that were announced a year ago (yes i count the SotC in that too).
I like the whole game after game after game thing, though it felt like some of them needed some time to breath. Explain some systems etc. i don´t know. That theater stuff they were doing was cool at first but went kinda stupid as the conference went on.

Rankings thus far.

Ubisoft
PC Gaming
MS - Sony

Big space between

EA

Big space between

Bethesda - 2 games - wasn´t needed.
Devolver - It´s time to stop.meme

Time for Nintendo to steal the show. I want some nukes to go off.

WarRock

I cracked the code:

HAL is porting Tropical Freeze.
Double means Crystal Chronicles is back, both in 3DS and Switch with crossplay.

Hasney

A double double is basketball, which is Golden State, which is where Gold Mario is from who's chief rival is Waluigi.

Waluigi Sneak N Love confirmed.

Also, I just bought Wolfenstein The New Order for 6 quid and it somehow still came with the pre-order content.

Hasney

I really don't ask much from Nintendo today.

Just more info about the announced games, and maybe a Smash port and I'll be ok.

Yeah, came in wanting Mario looking good, Zelda DLC and Splatoon 2 with maybe 1 announcement and I'll be happy. I'll stick to that.

luchadork

I'd like to see him on the nintendo panel if not hosting it. But I understand if he remains on desk. He's damn good at keeping the ship running smoothly. And also providing the freshest memes.

Elandyll

Banned

I need to watch their version today.

Man, the Gamespot pannel was so down on the show you'd have thought someone shot their collective dogs.

I think after 2015 and 2016 the expectations were too high, but the presser would imo hsve been better by including the preshow in it.

Have no idea why they split that...

Hasney

Was Damiani on any of the panels so far? Think he prefers being on the desk.

I'd like to see him on the nintendo panel if not hosting it. But I understand if he remains on desk. He's damn good at keeping the ship running smoothly. And also providing the freshest memes.

He was supposed to be on the desk for the PC show with Kyle running XSPLIT, but as Kyle came a bit late, Damiani just ran it even when Kyle offered to switch. Even if he's not on the main desk, I'm sure he'll have things to say, but he has always seemed to be a guy who prefers to absorb the information and then give a measured response rather than react with hot takes.

emb

Sony yesterday really felt like a Nintendo show. Mostly info on known games (that look really good and are first party exclusives), Monster Hunter, some exciting gimmicky stuff (VR, in Sony's case.)

Hopefully Nintendo today can feel more like Sony has for the past couple years.

Joqu

I really don't ask much from Nintendo today.

Just more info about the announced games, and maybe a Smash port and I'll be ok.

Yeah, because of the 25 minutes thing I'm actually keeping my expectations pretty low, Sony helped too with that. Show me some of that Mario Odyssey goodness and I'll already be pretty pleased

Bahorel

Thanks. Wonder if Damiani will be hosting it

So far they've had 3 of the 4 podcast hosts do a panel. It would seem right for him to host his subject but I can also see him choosing to do comp duty

So excited for Odyssey, hoping we get to see a new environment that hasn't been shown yet in the trailer

Hasney

Listening to Waypoints impressions of Sea of Thieves and them digging it is making me realllllyyyyy need to hear Jones talk about it.

dickroach

you know how Microsoft's conference was good because it was just game, game, game, game, game, game.... but then it kinda wasn't good because in the back of your mind you're thinking "yeah, but I can play this on PC and/or PS4 also, so so what?"

Nintendo's in a situation where, obviously any first party game (unless it's another Federation Force) is going to be a "holy shit," but also any third party game is going to be a "holy shit."
it's going to be so easy for them to steal E3 right here.

Top Bottom