• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

Maiar_m

I'm trying to go in with the lowest of low expectations as I've never been pleased with Nintendo E3 events (Treehouse aside). I think they're more focused on sprinkling infos through the year with Directs now and expending on third party titles through the Treehouse stream, which is fine if you're keeping it in mind.

dickroach

Now it's going to end in 1-2 Switch DLC announcement in a fireworks minigame.

like I said, steal E3
Nintendo's 2012 E3 press conference was the GOTY. that's why they haven't been back since. Reggie wanted to go out on top with those fireworks.

Bahorel

I'm trying to go in with the lowest of low expectations as I've never been pleased with Nintendo E3 events (Treehouse aside). I think they're more focused on sprinkling infos through the year with Directs now and expending on third party titles through the Treehouse stream, which is fine if you're keeping it in mind.

I'm trying to set my expectations low but my inner excitement can't be doused. I still have high hopes.

Again though I feel like we can't lose. If one cares about Mario it's going to be exciting no matter what.

Hasney

like I said, steal E3
Nintendo's 2012 E3 press conference was the GOTY. that's why they haven't been back since. Reggie wanted to go out on top with those fireworks.

Steal E3 like Waluigi will steal your hear in Waluigi Sneak N Love, later today.

Also, my new mouse came and I have bubble wrap to pop, so I'm happy whatever now.

sinonobu

Banned
you know how Microsoft's conference was good because it was just game, game, game, game, game, game.... but then it kinda wasn't good because in the back of your mind you're thinking "yeah, but I can play this on PC and/or PS4 also, so so what?"

Nintendo's in a situation where, obviously any first party game (unless it's another Federation Force) is going to be a "holy shit," but also any third party game is going to be a "holy shit."
it's going to be so easy for them to steal E3 right here.

And they won't like always

plz be good Nintendo

Maiar_m

I'm trying to set my expectations low but my inner excitement can't be doused. I still have high hopes.

Again though I feel like we can't lose. If one cares about Mario it's going to be exciting no matter what.

Yeah if you're going in expecting Mario Odyssey, Arms and Splatoon last-minute pushes, more 3DS than you'd like to see and an agonizingly short sizzle reel for anything else then you're sure to hit those notes.

If you think that's all there is to Monster Hunter, you're in for a huge shock.

I don't think a game trailer needs to tell you everything about its game mechanics but MH one did show a lot of cool stuff without the need of someone explaining what we were seeing. It was pretty obvious and self explanatory.

Not even their 2014 E3 show impressed you? I thought that year was the Digital Event at its absolute finest.

I don't think we can expect a similar caliber show here, but I bet it'll at least beat years 2013 and 2015.

Charamiwa

Banned
Listening to Waypoints impressions of Sea of Thieves and them digging it is making me realllllyyyyy need to hear Jones talk about it.

The overall negativity this game gets on Neogaf and youtube comments (lol) is really strange. During the conference on GAF people were saying "RIP Rare" and other things to that effect.

I'm glad Jones, Waypoint, and more people are positive on it.

I just hope they announce a game that plays like this

tumblr_oo220tyusW1qjoleso1_500.gif

Maiar_m

Not even their 2014 E3 show impressed you? I thought that year was the Digital Event at its absolute finest.

I don't think we can expect a similar caliber show here, but I bet it'll at least beat years 2013 and 2015.

Yeah, you're right, 2014 was nice. I think I've got a bad representation of their E3 digital events because despite what I may have felt while watching them I still held on to the hopes I had for licenses long dead or because of how the games turned out to be or to be delayed after the fact. I'm expecting leagues below that level anyways!

Sony yesterday really felt like a Nintendo show. Mostly info on known games (that look really good and are first party exclusives), Monster Hunter, some exciting gimmicky stuff (VR, in Sony's case.)

Hopefully Nintendo today can feel more like Sony has for the past couple years.

Well its interesting to know people feel that way

KingBroly

Banned
I don't think a game trailer needs to tell you everything about its game mechanics but MH one did show a lot of cool stuff without the need of someone explaining what we were seeing. It was pretty obvious and self explanatory.

You're really just proving my point. A lot of people who buy the game on that trailer alone are going to HATE it.

I don't understand why after the positive response of the bombshells of the last two years, pretty much every company came to the conclusion that being more grounded and inmediately focused was the right path forward.

No idea. I'm watching E3 conferences for the hype.

Bahorel

I don't understand why after the positive response of the bombshells of the last two years, pretty much every company came to the conclusion that being more grounded and inmediately focused was the right path forward.

Praying the reason is because they want to announce things next year that are more like Fallout 4 style drops (in the case of say Sonys missing announcements) but I'm being optimistic

ShadyK54

Yeah. I'm all for seeing new things from games we know about, but you know the majority are waiting for that next big megaton.

ShadyK54

Huber's probably taking a well deserved break/rest, or getting ready to go to the convention center.

Show floor opening would also explain why the suit game is non existent this morning lol.

Top Bottom