• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

After three hours live they're finally close to impressions. Honesty nightmare scenario. People say the podcast was fun - would impressions not have had the same exact vibe as the podcast did? Confused by the sentiment.

Tsosie

Fantastic show. Just amazing. I knew tonight would get me out of the slump I was in from the lackluster press conference.

That was good work Kyle (though he lost it himself several times LOL), given how crazy everything went.

I have no idea how they're going to do impressions if they're still like that LOL

Yeah, parts were pretty awkward or at least distracted at times.

Not usually a fan of that kind of roller-coaster, but there were good parts and funny parts too.

Here we go

They are scheduled from 8-12 all night this week, going to midnight was always the plan.

Yeah, was hoping impressions would be a little longer than an hour tho?

Edit: two seconds in to Blood's bit and this is already so much better than the podcast BrokeBack

Dmax3901

Yeah, parts were pretty awkward or at least distracted at times.

Not usually a fan of that kind of roller-coaster, but there were good parts and funny parts too.

One moment I caught was Kyle telling Damiani (who was offscreen) something like "was that a necessary thing to say right now, Damiani?"

Shit got heated!

Yeah, was hoping impressions would be a little longer than an hour tho?

Edit: two seconds in to Blood's bit and this is already so much better than the podcast BrokeBack

Yeah. Conference reveals thoughts and floor game impressions is always the anticipation, always want more of this.

So they are cutting things off for the night. Really annoyed at that three hour podcast now.

Edit: Oh thank God they're doing Wolfenstein. Salt gone, night redeemed.

Tsosie

So they are cutting things off for the night. Really annoyed at that three hour podcast now.

Edit: Oh thank God they're doing Wolfenstein. Salt gone, night redeemed.

I am glad you got it. That podcast was off the rails. I was all in for the podcast, but I am also here for the impressions. EZA is the gaming media I trust the most, so this stiff is important to me.

I am glad you got it. That podcast was off the rails. I was all in for the podcast, but I am also here for the impressions. EZA is the gaming media I trust the most, so this stiff is important to me.

To be fair Nintendo told them to via the Mario Odyssey musical theme:

Here we go, off the rails,
Don't you know it's time to raise our sails?
It's freedom like you never knew!

B.O.O.M

What is this Death stranding reaction video they r talking about? Did Kojima productions do a video on it?

edit:

Kyle: Hey Jones remember when I asked for a clean wrap up?

Jones: You're not gonna get one

lol

Plum

Watching the Nintendo reactions and it's weird to see so much negativity surrounding MP4. What makes it different than Shenmue 3 and FFVIIr other than the lack of some frivolous CGI trailer?

Watching the Nintendo reactions and it's weird to see so much negativity surrounding MP4. What makes it different than Shenmue 3 and FFVIIr other than the lack of some frivolous CGI trailer?

Probably because because you know what you're being presented more concretely with a trailer than a cloud of promise.

Shenmue 3 shouldn't really be compared to either since it's a totally different situation.

As for VIIr, I would say it's indeed that Square threw money and effort into the reveal (CGI trailer) and it being a project people didn't expect to happen (especially after the PSX troll).

That said I have no doubt MP4 will release before the first episode of VIIr lol.

Plum

Probably because because you know what you're being presented more concretely with a trailer than a cloud of promise.

Isn't that exactly what reveals like Shenmue, Death Stranding, the original BotW reveal, etc do? Outsourcing a CGI trailer or showing some very early in-engine footage is as much a clear show of intent to make a game than MP4's reveal.

Isn't that exactly what reveals like Shenmue, Death Stranding, the original BotW reveal, etc do? Outsourcing a CGI trailer or showing some very early in-engine footage is as much a clear show of intent to make a game than MP4's reveal.

MP4 lacked pretty much any and all details. Shenmue is a different comparison because it was a Kickstarter. But something like Death Stranding atleast gives you a feel for the tone and story of that universe. Something to nibble on.

Metroid Prime 4 was just a logo. No details what so ever until a little while later that confirmed that it wasn't Retro. It tells you absolutely nothing other than it exists. If it had CG, at least you'd sort of get the feel for stuff like design aesthetic, character designs, potentially story threads etc.

Maximo

MP4 lacked pretty much any and all details. Shenmue is a different comparison because it was a Kickstarter. But something like Death Stranding atleast gives you a feel for the tone and story of that universe. Something to nibble on.

Metroid Prime 4 was just a logo. No details what so ever until a little while later that confirmed that it wasn't Retro. It tells you absolutely nothing other than it exists. If it had CG, at least you'd sort of get the feel for stuff like design aesthetic, character designs, potentially story threads etc.

A Logo with *Now in development* thats less then nothing, to me it felt like why fucking bother at all and just wait till they have something...anything to show.

Death Stranding needs to do that though because it's a new IP, whereas you know what to expect from a Metroid Prime 4.

They mentioned some details like a feeling of isolation, internal team, etc.

A Logo with *Now in development* thats less then nothing, to me it felt like why fucking bother at all and just wait till they have something...anything to show.

Pokémon and Prime 4 are both checklists to assuage the people who keep asking the questions on whether or not those franchises have a chance on the Switch as early as possible (also probably because the backlash against UltraSun and UltraMoon for 3DS probably prompted Pokémon Company to try and make a statement about it).

Plum

Why is Shenmue different? Surely it being a Kickstarter and therefore even further away from being realised would make it a more premature announcement? The comparison is even more apt in my eyes when you consider that the hype for Shenmue 3 came not from the KS reveal as a whole but from the worlds "Shenmue's story was left unfinished."

The idea that the MP4 reveal would somehow be "more informative" and "more hype" if Nintendo outsourced some twenty second teaser of Samus walking down a space station hallway (which is essentially what FFVIIr's reveal was; a more realistic Midgar and then Cloud and Barret) is just silly to me frankly and is more a justification of a base cynical reaction than anything. At the very least we know we're getting one instead of having to endure another year of waiting and hoping, as someone in the other thread said we're also very likely going to get this before FFVIIr, Death Stranding and KH3. Having a negative reaction to this is fine, but taking that reaction and using it to determine whether the reveal was "good" or not just seems, to me, to be incredibly arbitrary.

Metroid Prime literally showed its title and that was it. You can see the underwhelming responses from everyone as soon as they realise there is nothing else. If FF7R and Shenmue did the same thing they would get similar responses, because while their existence is a great announcement, so little presence means said existence feels small.

FF7R had one of the best CGI trailers in recent years, with beautiful direction, clever dialogue and an ending that provided bounties of excitement. Calling frivolous seems to be a cop out to being unable to understand why certain CGI trailers are so meaningful. Look at Beyond Good and Evil 2 for instance.

CGI trailers are not shallow. They provide story, a feel for the world, an introduction to characters and their relationships....ultimately they provide a feel for the entire game (if handled well).

Shenmue 3, had the creator express his long lost love for his series on stage and countdown to its official start as well.

Top Bottom