• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
He has 2 I thought. Which incidentally is the number it took to get a bandwagon on KK rolling. Plus i would rather speak now when he isn't in danger than speak later when it might be too late to change the flow of the votes.

2? I thought it was only nin who'd voted for me.

nin1000

Banned
He has 2 I thought. Which incidentally is the number it took to get a bandwagon on KK rolling. Plus i would rather speak now when he isn't in danger than speak later when it might be too late to change the flow of the votes.

he has just 1 vote on him atm, i corrected my vote because one of my employees misspelled his name

SalvaPot

So I am out of suspicion because I didn´t vote and that is normal SalvaPot play?

Well, I did vote, I voted for Sorian, but later retracted my vote.

There is actually a reason why I didn´t vote again that has to do with my role, I can´t hammer the vote, its just not in my persona to do so.

That said, I agree that hyper is suspicious to me, just slightly, I want to know more about his reasoning, so consider my vote a pressure vote and not a hammer vote, take to the stand, hyper.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

To expand on my vote: I find shutting down discussion on someone who people have legitimate suspicions of is a rather scummy move. Why was launch so quick to defend salva? At that point I think Cabot and nin were the two players being suspected, do he got away with it, but I still find it suspect

As to why I think this means l_p is more likely to be scum than salva, scum attaching themselves to a townie is a very legitimate strategy, and had a wagon on salva taken off, if launch/l_p was scum, they could try and point to it for their innocence.

I still take major issue with salva not posting anything of worth or note yesterday, but have decided that if we're going to be hunting scum l_p is the better candidate

So I am out of suspicion because I didn´t vote and that is normal SalvaPot play?

Well, I did vote, I voted for Sorian, but later retracted my vote.

There is actually a reason why I didn´t vote again that has to do with my role, I can´t hammer the vote, its just not in my persona to do so.

That said, I agree that hyper is suspicious to me, just slightly, I want to know more about his reasoning, so consider my vote a pressure vote and not a hammer vote, take to the stand, hyper.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Sure, happy to help.

What about my reasoning are you curious about? Actually, could you clarify what you mean by that, I'm confused as to what my reasoning is for that you're curious about

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry for the multiple posts.

This is a weird situation. Replacing someone means I'm responsible for what they said before. To be honest I didn't look too much at Launch's old posts because I know his/my role. I'll wait for Hyperactivity to elaborate on his vote, but I can't exactly tell him what Launchpad was thinking when he posted before.

I'm actually quite bothered by it, specially because Launch had been acting really suspicious, or at least he was the subject of my lengthiest posts yesterday and I never got satisfactory answers to most of the doubts I had about him. Even the way he exited the game was suspicious and it sucks that I can't go anywhere with that. I'm of the idea that everyone should always have 1-2 players they're keeping an eye on, and I feel like one of mine just slipped away and I have to start from scratch with you. At the same time I can't blame you because all you did was take his role so the game could continue. *shrug*

I'm really "not feeling" you defending me. It's only one vote. If you're trying to score some easy points with me it's not going to work. I actually find it quite odd.

I'm also sort of defending myself and a handful of players because really I don't think anyone bought KKs claim so punishing people for not believing it seems absurd.

*Splinter

? My mistake was with the final vote - it had nothing to do with cabot. Or any earlier events.
Topo is pointing out that nin only led by 1 vote, and if 1 of the votes on him "didn't count" then maybe Cabot's ability wouldn't have activated. However, as I was pointing out, you clarified (today) that this wasn't a discounted vote or anything but a simple mistake. (I hope I have this right now, sorry if I'm just causing confusion).

I included the possibility of Ouro lying purely for the sake of completeness (and I just read the explanation of Bastard Mafia)

SalvaPot

Sure, happy to help.

What about my reasoning are you curious about? Actually, could you clarify what you mean by that, I'm confused as to what my reasoning is for that you're curious about

Voting lone_prodigy and suspecting me, but I see you already answered the first one.

About me not posting anything of value... I really had nothing to add, this always seem to piss people off, since I am mostly a lurker until I find something that I want town to take notes on, even if people say its just stating the obvious.

So, to elaborate, why exactly is launch defending me suspicious? What does that mean now that he has been replaced? What would you propose is my purpose with my playstyle?

Ourobolus

Banned
Topo is pointing out that nin only led by 1 vote, and if 1 of the votes on him "didn't count" then maybe Cabot's ability wouldn't have activated. However, as I was pointing out, you clarified (today) that this wasn't a discounted vote or anything but a simple mistake. (I hope I have this right now, sorry if I'm just causing confusion).

I included the possibility of Ouro lying purely for the sake of completeness (and I just read the explanation of Bastard Mafia)

Ah, gotcha,

And no, I'm not lying. I'm not that much of a jerk. :)

C'mon, man.

El Topo

Urban dictionary tells me cack might be slang for marijuana of questionable quality? Obviously that's what you meant, right?

nin1000

Banned
I'm also sort of defending myself and a handful of players because really I don't think anyone bought KKs claim so punishing people for not believing it seems absurd.
That is true... oh wait

Also I'm going to temporarily change my vote from bananaspaceprincess to kingkitty. Because I would feel really bad voting out a new player on Day 1, and because kingkitty is just a really confusing and hard to read person. At least for me and Fireblend.

Vote: Kingkitty

Vote is subject to flip-flop.

After your vote a lot of people bandwagoned and again trying to attach yourself to Fireblend. Urgh

That is true... oh wait

After your vote a lot of people bandwagoned and again trying to attach yourself to Fireblend. Urgh

I'm confused. I voted for lingkitty because I find him confusing. He then role claimed and in the morning so I removed my vote. Then kind of saw nobody bought it because "ouro doesn't do rng in his games" and revoted for him.

Fireblend

Banned
Also I'm purposefully avoiding asking Ouro the same questions Topo is because he's already doing it, but I'm just as confused. Just wanted to say that for the record.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh...he's asking me?

Here, have a taco instead.
large_MonsterTaco.png

Huh, I hadn't noticed that. I'll have to re-read that part of the thread later to check it in context.

At that point in the game you, never forever, and burb had posted that you were all suspicious of KK because of how he acted. As I had already stated that day, I felt you were town because of how you interacted with launch (think it was him) when he was interrogating El Topo. Which also led me to think El topo is town.

My early game reads aren't going to be perfect, but if I don't act confident in them I'll spend this whole game
Flip flopping like I did in DR.

nin1000

Banned
Also I'm purposefully avoiding asking Ouro the same questions Topo is because he's already doing it, but I'm just as confused. Just wanted to say that for the record.

Maybe , the Electorate has a PR with someone who can secretly Double vote.
Saying that it does not show in the results !

nin1000

Banned
Forget my last post, i made a mistake with the double vote since it was something more like a vote that does not count and NF already chimed into that.
Sorry again

does anybody read my posts or I have I been hit with something similar to cabot

maybe? anyone care to chip in with their own thoughts/opinions? the idea that somebody's vote doesn't count certainly fits the satirical political flavour

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voteless

moreover, as part of this, the idea that your vote doesn't count may be linked to a member of the Electorate, possibly related to the role of a minority or something

idk, I don't like speculating too much

anyway, I really must get to bed, a vote etc will come tomorrow

Voting lone_prodigy and suspecting me, but I see you already answered the first one.

About me not posting anything of value... I really had nothing to add, this always seem to piss people off, since I am mostly a lurker until I find something that I want town to take notes on, even if people say its just stating the obvious.

So, to elaborate, why exactly is launch defending me suspicious? What does that mean now that he has been replaced? What would you propose is my purpose with my playstyle?

I have an issue with you because you made 4 non flavor posts yesterday, none of which said anything original. The point of votes on people like that is to get them to be more active and contribute to the thread, and it's my philosophy that if your vote manages to do that in a situation like that which i voted for you in, than your vote is successful

I do have a legitimate issue with the way launch shut down any discussion on you.

I can find the specific posts now that I'm on a desktop

(Fuck launch already has/had 100+ posts)

Low-contributors are a huge negative for us, but Salva will likely turn up. Salva is actually one of the best players to have around. I've seen him cut through bullshit like it's butter. I have loads of respect for him as a player and he most likely won't leave us hanging here. Give him a little time.

That's just one perspective I've provided. Conversely, he could be ordinary. I was very eager my first game of mafia, and I was taking the game very seriously. I would post reads periodically. I was ordinary, yet I was doing that because that was basically all I had to provide for town. It's just a matter of Carrot's perspective and you can't just boil it down to "he must be trying to look town, therefore he's mafia". He could, shockingly enough, just be town.

Read the above.

Moreover, just me pointing out that one player may or may not have a PR would be incredibly near-sighted of the mafia, but I'll keep the details of why to myself so I don't give them too many ideas.

lol

Guys, take it easy with the inactives. This is how Salva plays; he's gone for a certain amount of time, then appears with a burst of activity. That's just how he is.

I can tell you with a some degree of certainty, the mafia in this game are most likely the medium-high to medium-low range of posting. That's just me talking out of my ass, but my instinct tells me this is the case this time, as there are only a handful of true low activity posters.

First post taking issue with the salva vote because salva may not have had time to get to focus on mafia

Fair enough

The 2nd one was the one that confused me. He's attaching himself to salva by defending salva, a low activity poster that could've easily been lynched day 1 and would've probably showed up town. Nice excuse right? And if it was in the future, it still could've happened. It seems like he's attaching himself to salva at a time when it's the easiest to do so

4/10, needs more insults

By the way, isn't it a bit ironic you're going after Salva for lack of content, when you haven't said anything of worth until just now when you're going after Salva?

I misread your post, sir. I thought you were targeting Salva for low activity, I'm just trying to make a point that it's not a good metric.

Other two posts on salva, in response to me and my vote. Now in the 2nd of the 4 posts launch talks out of his ass on the activity of the likely scum players, mentioning medium-high to medium-low posters, while paying lip service to low activity and substance posters. This one's more of a guess, but he makes me people automatically think more about those posters while launch himself is already sitting in that top 3 range.

Everyone in that same situation, I was facing a similar dilemma. This is my first day 1, so the situation, while I know how day 1s typically go, is still personally unfamiliar to me. But not saying anything of substance doesn't help town whatsoever. In the next days, should suspicion come on to you, there wouldn't be anything to clear you or provide proof or evidence of your guilt.

This is likely all super obvious, but it still needs to be said. So far, all that's happened in regards to you was other people pointing out the same thing I did and launch going "nah man it's salva I know he's a good poster". There wasn't anything else on you till now

Me pointing this out yesterday in passing

Now this sucks for lone_prodigy, because it feels like he shouldn't have to be accountable for his predecessor's actions, but he in fact does, and I did not like launch's behavior yesterday one bit.

How acceptable is meta talk here because I'm fairly confident that there's some voting PR in play rather than a simple miscount. But my reasoning is entirely meta based.

does anybody read my posts or I have I been hit with something similar to cabot

moreover, as part of this, the idea that your vote doesn't count may be linked to a member of the Electorate, possibly related to the role of a minority or something

idk, I don't like speculating too much

anyway, I really must get to bed, a vote etc will come tomorrow

Iirc ouro specified that the vote thing was because of a screw up on his part already

I do find what happened to cabot interesting though, especially the only one vote thing. I could see that being an electorate ability of some sort. Cabot, can you specify anything more as to what happened to you? Is this a result of your ability?

Fireblend

Banned
I suggest we assume there's a voteless player in our midst and move on. I suppose I'll check the mafia wiki out and see where we can go from here on the subject, but other than that I don't think it will get us closer to catching scum.

Lol all this talk about mechanics. We need more mechanics talk.

Guys, I roam at night. I got a list of all the people I passed on my nightly walk. Last night I saw:

Cabot, nin, el_topo, bananspaceprincess.

im being 100 unserious right now btw

Someone who voted for kingkitty doesn't have a vote. Never Forever counted nine players casting votes for kingkitty, yet he only had eight votes.

Lack of a vote is an interesting thing. Does the person without a vote know it? Assuming it's a town role or neutral role. Actually it could be a scum role too. It weakens whatever faction it is in.

Fireblend

Banned
As long as we're discussing the existence of a voteless player I suppose it's worth mentioning we should be careful not to potentially end a day in a No Lynch due to an unintended tie (if for example someone has 4 votes on them and someone else 5 but one of them doesn't count, causing a tie).

SalvaPot

I have an issue with you because you made 4 non flavor posts yesterday, none of which said anything original. The point of votes on people like that is to get them to be more active and contribute to the thread, and it's my philosophy that if your vote manages to do that in a situation like that which i voted for you in, than your vote is successful

I do have a legitimate issue with the way launch shut down any discussion on you.

I can find the specific posts now that I'm on a desktop

(Fuck launch already has/had 100+ posts)

First post taking issue with the salva vote because salva may not have had time to get to focus on mafia

Fair enough

The 2nd one was the one that confused me. He's attaching himself to salva by defending salva, a low activity poster that could've easily been lynched day 1 and would've probably showed up town. Nice excuse right? And if it was in the future, it still could've happened. It seems like he's attaching himself to salva at a time when it's the easiest to do so

Other two posts on salva, in response to me and my vote. Now in the 2nd of the 4 posts launch talks out of his ass on the activity of the likely scum players, mentioning medium-high to medium-low posters, while paying lip service to low activity and substance posters. This one's more of a guess, but he makes me people automatically think more about those posters while launch himself is already sitting in that top 3 range.

Me pointing this out yesterday in passing

Now this sucks for lone_prodigy, because it feels like he shouldn't have to be accountable for his predecessor's actions, but he in fact does, and I did not like launch's behavior yesterday one bit.

Hmm, ok yes, this makes sense. So in this theory you assume launch attached himself to me in a ploy to make himself look more townie, since he had no reason to defend himself. Now that launch is gone and lone_prodigy has taken his place, you are continuing in this train of thought since its the lead you have.

Well, the problem is, I am town and I have no way to prove if Launch/lone_prodigy are town or not, what I can do is tell you that I have played a few times with launch by now and there has been situations where I have either saved him for been lynched when I defend his playstyle, while he defends me because of my playstyle. In a way we usually are in the same channel when it comes to reads and opponents.

Now, I don´t know if Launch was abusing this fact as to gain my trust or town trust, but when he made that defense of me it was, well, uncalled for, I had very few votes and he decides to call you out more as to inform you, rather to defend me.

In the case of lone_prodigy, I don´t think launch´s actions are a good lead into his role, since he has clearly been played different than launch do.

I have no reason to defend lone_prodigy, but he still hasn´t made something that would make me suspicious of him. But I do find your choice of following a lead into a player that has been replaced to be, well, iffy. l_p is at a clear disadvantage here, and targeting him right now seems like an easy out for a mafia player to get a town role killed, since the new player is more likely to contradict himself with what the player he replaced could have said.

Its a weird situation, since the chance that l_p is actually scum is likely too, but I honestly think he is not suspicious right now, as he has been thrown midgame and needs time to adjust. Lynching him seems like a dick move, so I won´t vote for him right now.

If the silence were a result from his own ability he probably would have mentioned it yesterday.

And if he couldn't

Cabot, just say first if you can specify more, and then if you know any more

I doubt ouro made anyone voteless. It's like the 2nd worst thing after jesters in mafia. Either someone had a role they could use during the day or cabot's role left him voteless that day

El Topo

The following players voted for kingkitty according to Never Forever:
CornBurrito
Sorian
cabot
Never Forever
Burbeting
El Topo
bananaspaceprincess
Fireblend
*Splinter

If we assume that those that voted for nin1000 all have a vote and remove them, as well as the dead and myself, the following remain:
CornBurrito
banaspaceprincess
Fireblend

And if he couldn't

Cabot, just say first if you can specify more, and then if you know any more

I doubt ouro made anyone voteless. It's like the 2nd worst thing after jesters in mafia. Either someone had a role they could use during the day or cabot's role left him voteless that day

Given how much leeway there is in the silence (he can insert a ton of text into memes, bypassing a lot of it) I don't buy that he couldn't have found some way around mentioning his abilities side effect. Even breadcrumbing. Like breadcrumb a post and make an image meme with the post #.

Like "gee all this snow and cold air makes my throat hurt. Hope I don't get sick!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom