• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Engadget: Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Xbox One this year, Halos 1-4

Bessy67

Considering any one of the Halo games remastered on their own would probably cost $60, if we're really getting 4 that's a steal.

border

Stinkles mentioned here that it is still playable and he would love to see something be done with it. This was before the H2A rumors heated up.

I think they've pretty much admitted that the whole Halo 2 E3 demo was kind of smoke and mirrors.

If they were to include it in this package it would certainly be playable, but doing anything differently outside of the stuff that was obviously scripted to happen would probably break it.

Genio88

I could definitely pick that up ahead of halo 5, i'm curious to see if they'll be just a 1080p port or a complete remastered editions though

sja_626

$100 AU is standard retail price for games in Australia and the equivalent of $60 US. If that Dick Smith listing is accurate it's completely reasonable.

That's standard price for a new release game here. They can be $120. You'd be an idiot to pay that and normally you can find cheaper deals, but $100 is pretty standard

I feel like there will be some Halo online multiplayer added to them all. One general mp package you can connect too from any of the halo hd remakes. Seems weird they would severely cut up the mp player base by putting such different MPs together with each of these remakes.

Makes more sense for them to just introduce a new global MP that will be updated over time. But who knows ! =D

Str1ke4

You guys saying that you would pay $100 for the collection should know that it would be even cheaper for you since thats the Australian price. I actually expected it to be around $200.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
I want Narrows. Loved that map.

I don't think the collection will be more than $100.

Easily one of the maps that made me hate Halo 3so much. Terrible IMO.

Vhagar

Neo Member
Game prices here in Australia here do not have a set price like they do in the US. On release day, Watch Dogs was going for between $65 AUD to $99 AUD. Only the uninformed buy at EB for $99. I wouldn't be concerned about Dick Smith pricing it at $99.

catmario

$100 AU is standard retail price for games in Australia and the equivalent of $60 US. If that Dick Smith listing is accurate it's completely reasonable.

Oh Was that price standard at austrailia?

Now I understand. I was confused when it shows 100 "$". I forgot AUD and USD is different. :)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
$100 AUD seems fine, works out to £55 and that's like the standard now. I'd have no problem buying at that price.

Would be cool if they put out a multiplayer demo after the presser to give a sneap peak at the multi :p

Was thinking this earlier. Would be great if they put out some demos like they did back in 2006.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
LOL at dat price.

What?

3-4 HD Remasters in one package and you think $100.00 is too much? No.

Halo CEA 60FPS@1080p, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 1080p@60 and Halo 4 60FPS@1080p, and you have a package I would EASILY pay $150.00 for.

Hell H2A they could easily market for $60, same with Halo 4 if they put any more into it than 1080p, and 60FPS.

Halo CEA and Halo 3 Remastered could easily go for $30-40 a piece separately.

$99.00? Fucking sold.

$150? Still fucking sold.

catmario

What?

3-4 HD Remasters in one package and you think $100.00 is too much? No.

Halo CEA 60FPS@1080p, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 1080p@60 and Halo 4 60FPS@1080p, and you have a package I would EASILY pay $150.00 for.

Hell H2A they could easily market for $60, same with Halo 4 if they put any more into it than 1080p, and 60FPS.

Halo CEA and Halo 3 Remastered could easily go for $30-40 a piece separately.

$99.00? Fucking sold.

$150? Still fucking sold.

HAHA... I just confused between USD and AUD.

But I'll buy this no matter how this will priced. Even I'm okay that this priced at $149 (USD). :)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I have said it before, but I hope they reveal Halo 2 Anniversary in an awesome way that plays off our nostalgia in some way.

Like remaking the original announcement trailer completely in the new Engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FPuIH35Hg

A remaking the E3 Demo walkthrough in the new engine, fully integrated into the new game (or even as an extra).

That would melt faces.

Kelsey

Banned
Those saying they'd pay 100 just show the disconnect between a place like GAF and everyone else.

Those looking at the price listed and complaining are showing their ignorance when it comes to Australian pricing. 100 dollars is what CoD and BF sell for there.

Kssio_Aug

Well, if it means something like 60 US dollars, Im buying on day one.
Anyway! Expecting a lot for this announcement today! Never played Halo before, so Im really thirsty for this collection!

Top Bottom