• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU PSN] New massive Summer sale (500+ items)

Loving the discounts + Summer Sale. I've been picking up quite a few VR games and plan on getting a few more before it's done. Already picked up

Statik
Psychonauts: The Rhombus of Ruin
Dick Wilde
Polybius
VR Invaders
The Brookhaven Experiment
Superhot bundle (PS+ Discount)
Fantastic Contraptions (PS+ Discount)
Tiny Trax (PS+ Discount)

Damn, Nioh went cheap. Meanwhile physical copies of Nioh are still almost full price.

I'd love to get it but I think the game may be too hard for me (the betas kicked my ass hard) so I want a physical copy at version 1.00 where I can still abuse the infinite amrita and living weapon glitches to make it easier.

The game is easy as piss compared to the betas.

Nyx

If you exploit the magic and invest heavily in talismans that slow enemy movement down, it becomes a substantially easier game. You won't be able to access that stuff right away though, so you'll still face a steep learning curve at the beginning. The first proper boss (the one in the ship) is definitely no pushover.

That boss made me sell the game lol.

Loving the discounts + Summer Sale. I've been picking up quite a few VR games and plan on getting a few more before it's done. Already picked up

Statik
Psychonauts: The Rhombus of Ruin
Dick Wilde
Polybius
VR Invaders
The Brookhaven Experiment
Superhot bundle (PS+ Discount)
Fantastic Contraptions (PS+ Discount)
Tiny Trax (PS+ Discount)

Is this what I think it is?

tusken77

Stop pressuring me! :p

Wipeout HD was the first game I bought for my PS3, so I may indeed scratch that itch again.

Ha, accurate screen name.

iMY7Fxc.png

Definitely go for it. At its original price it was brilliant value. Now it's a steal. :)

RodzTF

Tempted by L.A Noire for PS3, it's £6.99. I was expecting a remaster at some point but maybe it's not happening.

There were recent rumours it was getting a remaster, plus first person VR. I'm skeptical but you could hold tight, however if you really want to play now then go ahead, it's a brilliant game.

There were recent rumours it was getting a remaster, plus first person VR. I'm skeptical but you could hold tight, however if you really want to play now then go ahead, it's a brilliant game.

I might hold out just in case, or until it's next on sale, I don't have time to play it at the moment anyway.

How long is it? Around your standard COD campaign? 5-6 hours?

I think I took closer to 10 hours to beat it, and did only ~2 side missions. It's one of my favorite COD campaigns so far, it's awesome. You can choose if you want to do side missions on other planets, it's still extremely linear, as expected.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I think I took closer to 10 hours to beat it, and did only ~2 side missions. It's one of my favorite COD campaigns so far, it's awesome. You can choose if you want to do side missions on other planets, it's still extremely linear, as expected.

It's the first and only COD I've ever played, I picked it up based on the recommendations from GAF. I've never been interested in multiplayer COD so have avoided the series until now, but I was interested in this as I like a sci-fi setting. It's a good campaign, it's definitely got a more realistic feel to the game (despite the futuristic tech) and there's some good variation in the levels, the side missions giving different ways to play through. I will say I was left wanting more. A longer-scale campaign in this style but with more RPG elements going on would be fantastic. The story is good, but I wanted to have a bit more involvement in driving the story, hunting down people on the Most Wanted list, etc. Still, COD games are about multiplayer primarily so I can see why there wasn't that level of investment into the single player side of things.

Definitely worth a punt when there's a deal on.

Hmm. Thinking of trading a bunch of games in at CEX for store credit:

Horizon Zero Dawn for £25
Nioh for £21
The Last Guardian for £12
Gravity Rush 2 for £16

Then I'll buy them back on PSN - for a little more than the above prices, but I like having the convenience of having them on my HDD and I'm thinking of buying a Wii U so I'll put the above store credit towards it. I'm away with the family at the moment but I'll do this when I get back. Also have two old phones to trade in, so I'll be able to get the console + 3-4 games hopefully.

13ruce

Banned
Got Mirrors Edge today for 6 euro's i might aswell just buy and try it lol.

So i got Yakuza Zero, FFVII, VIII, IX and this in the sale so far.

The last time there was a really long sale (like the current one), Sony tossed in a weekend flash sale with a few decent game discounted. It might be worth paying attention to store this weekend just in case.

Staf

Thank god. When i saw this bumped today i thought they have added more stuff! Don't have time for more this month with Cities: Skylines, XCOM 2 expansion and Pillars of eternity!

I'm so glad there isn't a sale.

I just started playing stuff from the big in Japan sale.
Samen here. Bought pyre and haven't even started that yet. And that's not to speak of my backlog that's been 30 deep for the past year.

That being said, I really need Nier to go on sale soon.

Hmm. Thinking of trading a bunch of games in at CEX for store credit:

Horizon Zero Dawn for £25
Nioh for £21
The Last Guardian for £12
Gravity Rush 2 for £16

Then I'll buy them back on PSN - for a little more than the above prices, but I like having the convenience of having them on my HDD and I'm thinking of buying a Wii U so I'll put the above store credit towards it. I'm away with the family at the moment but I'll do this when I get back. Also have two old phones to trade in, so I'll be able to get the console + 3-4 games hopefully.
The PS4 treats disc and digital releases of the same game separately right? So saves don't cross over.. unless things have changed?

FDC1

Games for the new sale start to appear, nothing major for the moment: Lego games, Xenoverse games, Saint Row games, Assetto Corsa, The WItcher 3, Elite Dangerous

I'll make a new topic this Wednesday morning if nobody has done it before

Top Bottom