• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evergreen State College Racism Controversy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash27

I'm confused. The OP and some later posts don't seem to be portraying the same thing at all. This post in particular doesn't seem to imply anyone was forced to stay home or whatever :

If this is merely about swapping the events' location it seems like a pretty reasonable request.

(I will say though that I'm unable to watch the videos at this time so I apologize if maybe I'm missing something)

The controversy isn't the request, although feel free to debate it if you want, it's the reaction of the campus.

Chumly

I'm confused. The OP and some later posts don't seem to be portraying the same thing at all. This post in particular doesn't seem to imply anyone was forced to stay home or whatever :

If this is merely about swapping the events' location it seems like a pretty reasonable request.

(I will say though that I'm unable to watch the videos at this time so I apologize if maybe I'm missing something)

Your not missing anything. Read the context from the student newspaper and not some right wing fanatic website. They wanted to swap locations and make it optional.

Chumly

There's video somewhere of students physically barricading the doors to the building. The interview has clips of the professor saying the President wasn't even allowed to go to the bathroom alone, which if you watch the videos of them making him put his hands down over and over, is pretty credible.

As for the homework thing,.. i actually give them a pass on that. I hated homework.

But lol at handling their own campus. Yeah that looks handled .

where is this homework myth being perpetuated from? Its not in their demands. The video does not show them demanding "no homework"

If it was optional I don't see the problem with it and the professor's email looks misguided. Not enough for a mob of students to show up and harass him, of course.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It would be really good to get an updated neutral update from a place like WashPost or NYT at this point. Each side of the debate is posting contradictory information about what each others side said or has gone through. Weinstein was saying him and his students were getting doxxed and harassed, and now cooperpointjournal is saying no harassment was being done to them, they just had a private facebook group listing Weinstein and all the students that they concluded supported him, but that the cooperpointjournal allies were the ones being doxxed and harassed.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Let's try this again with a reasonable, non-garbage source, that actually does a good job of explaining what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom