• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook has acquired Oculus VR for 2 Billion US Dollars

Xone9

Banned
7j13f.gif

Card Boy

Banned
I would say Sony will save us but i don't like the idea of a PS Camera and Dildo Controller. unless those 2 things are not mandatory for Morpheus to work.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
wow, buyout was inevitable but didn't expect it to happen before they released a product and not to facebook...not sure this will work out well (for gamers) Facebook is pretty good at letting people get on with their business, just as long as it ties into Facebook somehow.

Toad.T

Banned
So is Morpheous the only VR exclusively for games now? The PR says otherwise, but Facebook's never been known for it's immersive game experiences. (Hell, isn't Farmville on Ios now anyway?)

megalowho

Obligatory knee jerk reaction: Palmer Luckey sold out before even bringing his first product to market. Going to be interesting to hear the story and spin behind this one. Goddamn though, huge news.

fade_

steve-carrell-office.gif

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

This could actually be very good for them to have a way bigger budget as long as Facebook stays hands off.

demolitio

I can't wait to read my friend's dramatic posts on FB in VR with each "FML" popping out at me like they're attacking me and looking away only brings up his earlier posts.

It's a nightmare I tell you.

Top Bottom