• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Gonna pick up Fallout 4 soon for PS4, just in time for mods.

OT to this thread, but can someone share what the framerate is like on the most up to date version of Fallout 4 on PS4? [Without mods] - what's the lowest it drops to and how often

I imagine some mods will hit the framerate after all.

N° 2048

Gonna pick up Fallout 4 soon for PS4, just in time for mods.

OT to this thread, but can someone share what the framerate is like on the most up to date version of Fallout 4 on PS4? [Without mods] - what's the lowest it drops to and how often

I imagine some mods will hit the framerate after all.

haha mods for PS4 aren't coming this month. I'd be surprised if we get them by the end of next month.

Us PS4 users got screwed, thanks to Sony and their stupid proprietary everything.

N° 2048

Wtf? Why only 1 gb storage? Thats bullcrap. And the sound stuff is ridiculous too. Fuck you Sony.

and no texture mods i believe
"PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update."

gossi

and no texture mods i believe
"PC textures are used. Memory and performance issues may occur. We are working with Sony on optimal texture exporting support in a future update."

Textures are in, but they are large as Sony don't currently have enhanced compression support for user generated content. Bethesda are working with Sony on the various issues. There's a beta, it won't quite launch in the same shape as XB1 (mostly because mod authors need to manually republish to PS4, too).

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Where are you seeing this lighter option? Is it another mod or an option somewhere in game?
Thx

Edit... found the mod thx

Edit 2... had to put the brighter mod below original VW in list to get it to show in game
While I don't really like the crushed contrast in VW, the lighter mod seemed to lighten it a bit TOO much. Still, it's amazingly atmospheric.

Klocker

While I don't really like the crushed contrast in VW, the lighter mod seemed to lighten it a bit TOO much. Still, it's amazingly atmospheric.

Yea I went back to vanilla + Darker nights mod where I can choose my dark level... the crushed blacks of original VW, the wash out on the new one and the red and Purple hues in it are just not doing it for me. Prefer the cooler weather of vanilla and I already have my TV with fairly warm color setting. I'll probably run it again after some more updates.

Is there a mod that removes the compass on Xbox One?

If I have that, a rucksack and tent, and the NCR ranger armor, I'm all set to go exploring.

Lokimaru

People need to calm down about PS4 Mods, shits gonna just take a little more time. I swear if gamers were in charge of the RotJ Death Star run Han would have dropped the shields only to find out the rebels had already gone home.

Sort of a dumb question, but is it safe to apply the unofficial patch to a 25+ hour game save file? I'm just fearing that if I reinstall it it's going to somehow retroactively fuck some things up. I've done almost zero story quests, mind you, but just a little hesitant.

N° 2048

Saw that coming a mile away.

*sigh*

Sony and their proprietary everything. From the UMD to the Vita memory cards to not being able to change PSN names.

GG Sony.

*sigh*

Sony and their proprietary everything. From the UMD to the Vita memory cards to not being able to change PSN names.

GG Sony.
I'm willing to bet this is more on Bethesda doing shit last minute with Sony and not really caring about it than it is Sony's proprietary stuff.

*sigh*

GG Sony.

Yup. :/

I'm a patient guy so I'll keep waiting. Maybe I'll start a regular playthrough soon with no glitches and hopefully by then mods will be out.

Bethesda doesn't give a shit about Sony.

Never again. Fuck Skyrim Remastered.

Last time I buy a Bethesda game for PS4.

Fuck off.

Seriously. When I picked it up on PS4 (after going all 360 last gen) I thought there was no possibly way they'd let something like this happen again after the dumpster fire that was PS3 Skyrim. Not to mention these consoles are more than capable of handling this game and all its accompaniments..... Looks like I was wrong

N° 2048

I'm willing to bet this is more on Bethesda doing shit last minute with Sony and not really caring about it than it is Sony's proprietary stuff.

Good point, I wonder how much Sony knew about PS4 mods before Bethesda announced it.

Con Con

People need to calm down about PS4 Mods, shits gonna just take a little more time. I swear if gamers were in charge of the RotJ Death Star run Han would have dropped the shields only to find out the rebels had already gone home.

To be fair, a lot of people remember Skyrim on PS3. Bethesda needs to earn some trust back for them.

OuterLimits

*sigh*

GG Sony.

Yep. I had a feeling the issues wouldn't be resolved quickly. That tweet doesn't really inspire confidence. Hopefully it does eventually happen.

Sort of a dumb question, but is it safe to apply the unofficial patch to a 25+ hour game save file? I'm just fearing that if I reinstall it it's going to somehow retroactively fuck some things up. I've done almost zero story quests, mind you, but just a little hesitant.

Yes, it should be. Make sure all other mods have a higher priority.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It's such a damn shame that Bethesda disabled achievements for MOD use as there are a few of them I would like to use.

But, thanks to that decision I wont touch them.

CleverGato

Neo Member
The wait is nearly over; True Storms is nearing release! Less than 24 hours for the Nexus version.
xnhAo2q.jpg

Re-built with the Creation Kit
Fully configurable with new holotape (can turn each feature on/off)
New weather control holotape (displays current weather, can force any weather from vanilla, DLC, True Storms)
Far Harbor Add-On with all the heavy storm effects from True Storms plus a few new weathers (thick, deadly rad fog, mist rain, heavy/light rain, etc.)
Optional "Deadly Far Harbor" add-on to increase the damage from the pockets of radiation on the island 2x, 3x, 4x, or 8x
Dynamic fog/wind particle "occlusion" -- no more fogs blowing thru walls! (can be turned on/off)
Craftable fog filters for Workshop-crafted structures to stop fogs blowing through those walls as well.
Sneak buffs for the player and companions during storms (can be turned on/off)
Configurable ghoul attacks during radiation storms (chance, frequency, amount, or can be turned off completely) -- no save bloat
Loads of small tweaks and adjustments to weathers, better balance of lightning/thunder strikes
Loads of new eerie radiation storm thunder sounds
Commonwealth Fogs re-built, new clouds/colors/etc. looks much better during the day, with 10% more Silent-Hill vibes :)
Wind / blowing fogs no longer blow thru the Prydwen main deck and other interiors that show outside weather
Radiation rain rads no longer effects you inside MOST shack / settlement interiors!! You can craft in the Red Rocket garage without dying!
Lots of little fixes that are too numerous to outline in detail

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4472/?

I'll be sure to post a link when its available for consoles which judging by the mod creator,
Bethesda.net PC/XBOX will come fairly close behind the Nexus release.

Wait, so I put it at the bottom of the load order? I was made to think it went at the top?

Bottom of the load order = highest priority, overwrites all conflicts.
Top of the load order = lowest priority, all conflicts get overwriten by mods with higher priority.

The Unofficial Patch should be at the top so it has the lowest priority.

The top item has the lowest priority the bottom the highest. So it goes on top.

Bottom of the load order = highest priority, overwrites all conflicts.
Top of the load order = lowest priority, all conflicts get overwriten by mods with higher priority.

The Unofficial Patch should be at the top so it has the lowest priority.

All right thanks for the clarifications.

Is there a general FAQ that anybody's published yet on load orders (for console)? I'm still in the dark as to put what mods where on the list. I don't want another repeat of my last save file. :(

This lesson hasn been dished out by Bethesda for like a decade now...

I was a big Xbox guy last gen, I played all Bethesda games in my 360.

Didn't even know about the problems PS3 had till I bought fallout 4 and saw the frame drop and general douchery, did some research and saw al the problems last gen.

Is there a general FAQ that anybody's published yet on load orders (for console)? I'm still in the dark as to put what mods where on the list. I don't want another repeat of my last save file. :(

... Just use your intuition, or mod instructions if there are any, on what could overwrite something else.

If you don't think they'll conflict, load order doesn't matter. If you think they will, put the one you want to use more below the other in the load order.

And generally bug fixes are placed immediately after the official files so that everything else can overwrite them if they need to. Weather mods are usually at the bottom because the chances something else overwrites one part of it, which could make the entire mod worthless, is high. Everything else, put in the middle between bug fixes and weather mods, and order them based on possible conflicts.

If you'd like, send me a load order and I'll try to sort it as best I can.

... Just use your intuition, or mod instructions if there are any, on what could overwrite something else.

If you don't think they'll conflict, load order doesn't matter. If you think they will, put the one you want to use more below the other in the load order.

And generally bug fixes are placed immediately after the official files so that everything else can overwrite them if they need to. Weather mods are usually at the bottom because the chances something else overwrites one part of it, which could make the entire mod worthless, is high. Everything else, put in the middle between bug fixes and weather mods, and order them based on possible conflicts.

If you'd like, send me a load order and I'll try to sort it as best I can.

I'm gonna make a list to download this weekend and I'll toss it your way . Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

Top Bottom